Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toshihiro Nagoshi of Sega says that Nintendo's consoles do better with kids & teens.

That was a really interesting interview. Thanks for linking.

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Not this crap again. Who cares. Btw Captain Rainbow.
    Answer the question, How many NCL games haven't looked to use cartoon and childlike art? You have to go back to the N64 and look at something like 1080. Otherwise is all kiddy stuff to please kids like you and keep you all safe.
    Thank GOD for SEGA who can make the kiddy stuff and also the adult stuff all In-House, to be this good takes AGES
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    No, just the creative director of SEGA, So come on Bonus, how many NCL games have used adult thems and art?
    Doesn't matter who or what he does. He's still one person.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Doesn't matter who or what he does. He's still one person.
    Just the one with most creative say on what SEGA games are made and given the green light. You love Nintendo, show me the NCL games that don't use cartoon or children art styles?
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Who do you think put Mad World on the Wii? It was one of the more violent games on the console.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

he must be jealous. Nintendo made great games most of them can be played by audiences of all ages.

Just the one with most creative say on what SEGA games are made and given the green light. You love Nintendo, show me the NCL games that don't use cartoon or children art styles?
    Again it's just one person. Your point is moot at best.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Again it's just one person. Your point is moot at best.
    He's one of the longest-serving SEGA staff and near the top of the chain at SEGA Japan. I'm not his biggest fan but he controls a lot of SEGA does unfortunately
    Anyway, can you tell me any NCL games that don't use Cartoon style art or children family friendly style art?.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Donít try to swing the conversation to fit your point. SEGA released violent games on the Wii, so obviously, SEGA didnít follow the core audience he was referring to.

Miyamoto was a designer for Silicon Knight Eternal Darkness on GameCube. A survival horror game aimed at a more mature audience.
    Last edited by gamevet; 12-10-2020 at 08:51 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Nagoshi nowadays IS Sega, he is the Chief Creative Officer, basically every game, mini console, project etc. is greenlighted (or rejected) by him.
    He is the one who shaped Sega in the last decade.
    The whole interview is more interesting than just that piece taken out of context.

Still I don't know why people are overreacting on internet, Nintendo is for kids since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Donít try to swing the conversation to fit your point. SEGA released violent games on the Wii, so obviously, SEGA didnít follow the core audience he was referring to.

Miyamoto was a designer for Silicon Knight Eternal Darkness on GameCube. A survival horror game aimed at a more mature audience.
    I not swinging anything. Nagoshi-san is at the top of the chain at SEGA Japan and has a direct say on every game SEGA Japan greenlights. I don't agree with it and wanted Kikuchi-sam to head up SEGA consumer talent, but there you go...
    The fact that you need to bring in other developers rather than name a single NCL game that doesn't use cartoon graphics or family-friendly art, tells us all we need to know.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Blinky

He's one of the longest-serving SEGA staff and near the top of the chain at SEGA Japan. I'm not his biggest fan but he controls a lot of SEGA does unfortunately
    Anyway, can you tell me any NCL games that don't use Cartoon style art or children family friendly style art?.
    Once again, He's one person with an opinion. If you think the whole rest of the SEGA staff feels the same as him then prove it.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 12-10-2020 at 03:47 PM.
    05/05/15

I not swinging anything. Nagoshi-san is at the top of the chain at SEGA Japan and has a direct say on every game SEGA Japan greenlights. I don't agree with it and wanted Kikuchi-sam to head up SEGA consumer talent, but there you go...
    The fact that you need to bring in other developers rather than name a single NCL game that doesn't use cartoon graphics or family-friendly art, tells us all we need to know.
    I was talking about you asking about Nintendo titles, and averting the fact that SEGA was publishing mature games on Nintendoís console. Eternal Darkness is a Nintendo property, which is also coming to the Switch. Shigeru Miyamoto was on the design team for the game. It doesnít get any more Nintendo than Shigeru.
    Last edited by gamevet; 12-10-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Master of Shinobi

I'm a fan of Nintendo and I agree with him. With few exceptions, they target a PG demographic so they can sell to a bigger audience.

The interview was great though. He's right about Super Monkey Ball, it was a time when games were getting harder to pick up and play. If the Dreamcast had lasted just a bit longer it would have been a hit on Sega's own hardware, but since that didn't happen putting it on the GameCube was the next best thing they could do.

Also, am I the only one who finds it hard to believe Toshihiro has been at Sega for 30 years? He barely looks 30 today!

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    I'm a fan of Nintendo and I agree with him. With few exceptions, they target a PG demographic so they can sell to a bigger audience.

The interview was great though. He's right about Super Monkey Ball, it was a time when games were getting harder to pick up and play. If the Dreamcast had lasted just a bit longer it would have been a hit on Sega's own hardware, but since that didn't happen putting it on the GameCube was the next best thing they could do.

Also, am I the only one who finds it hard to believe Toshihiro has been at Sega for 30 years? He barely looks 30 today!
    He looks like he has spent thousands in plastic surgery and he looks plastic. He doesn't look real anymore. He literally looks like a character rendered in the Yakuza games.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Thread Information