Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pier Solar 10YEARS edition

Default Pier Solar 10YEARS edition

I received an email from system@magicalgamefactory.com stating the following:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
    Subject: WM's MAGICAL GAME FACTORY - Pier Solar REPRINT
    Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 20:05:22 +0000
    Reply-To: NOREPLY <noreply@magicalgamefactory.com>
    To: TheSegaDude

Dear thesegadude,

You're receiving this message because you have a preorder for Pier Solar REPRINT edition at WM's Magical Game Factory!

Thanks for your patience. As you may know, due to unfortunate financial issues, we had to shut down our website and service for three years. All our effort have been put into the manufacturing and release of PAPRIUM. And unfortunately we decided to delay any Pier Solar products further away. Our sincere apologies for the long wait.

On the bright side:

Unless you want a refund, we will convert for free your Pier Solar REPRINT preorders into Pier Solar 10YEARS edition, the final edition and batch of the game. This edition comes signed, numbered and encloses the Enhanced Soundtrack Disc. This edition should be available for you around April of next year.

If you want a refund, we will oblige, please contact us on our technical support along with your PayPal address, we will handle your refund from there.

Thanks everyone for your comprehension, and our sincere apology for the lack of news.

For any concerns, please contact the costumer support.
    http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en...act-support_5/

WATERMELON TEAM

---

I'm not trying to stoke any WM fires or upset anyone but real or not this feels like news I thought you guys would want to hear.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Almost the same here, but about Project N:
    Van: WM's MGF <system@magicalgamefactory.com>
    Verzonden: zondag 13 december 2020 20:52
    Onderwerp: WM's MAGICAL GAME FACTORY - ProjectN

Dear Sjorspion,

Investors of ProjectN.

As you may imagine, the project have been halted until we fix our situation with PayPal, still ongoing.

We are confident the game will release in a form or another and if we cannot resume work,
    we will proceed to a refund of each of you. Please allow two extra months until we clear things out.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best Regards!

WATERMELON TEAM

Also the magical game factory seems back online:
    http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/

SEEEEEGGGGAAAA!!!

And another one, this time Project Y (Paprium):

Van: WM's MGF <system@magicalgamefactory.com>
    Verzonden: zondag 13 december 2020 21:43
    Onderwerp: WM's MAGICAL GAME FACTORY - PY INVESTOR

Dear Sjorspion,

PY investor, you are grandmaster of patience!
    You should receive a couple of emails in the next few hours.

The game ... is ... there! Surely it's not perfect but it's still couple of steps ahead of anything made before.
    I understand it was a long and scary wait but we decided to put all our effort into making the game happen.

As you may know, we have been scammed by PayPal and had to shut down everything down to our email server for the last three years. For the details, PayPal operate many branches under the same name so we opened a new Paypal Account in USA/IOWA and hopefully this will help.

Unfortunately the MGF concept, while ahead of its time, had too few resources to be properly implemented, most of the other projects we had outsourced/backed or planned didn't come to fruition and the concept is way too complicated when you look at the flatness of websites like kickstarter. I did now cut off all the features and pages related to the factory to avoid further spam, confusion and stupidity. I don't have any regret about making the pages back then and deleting them now.

More details is enclosed in each copy of the game, for you to read.
    PS: For the (very few) of you who did rage-quit, you're still in the game and thanks anyway.

If you didn't do that before, you MAY still need to convert your invested GEMS into Pre-Orders, if not already, please sign-in, go to your profile, projects section and click the PAPRIUM project link. If you still have GEMS to convert, it will open a small window about it. I'll get back to you later and ensure your generated preorders gets shipped as well.

Thanks again,
    Fonz
    WATERMELON TEAM

Dafaq
    SEEEEEGGGGAAAA!!!

So what exactly is the point of sending different emails? I doubt anyone expects anything from Watermelon
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Wildside Expert

It seems it has been produced and stocks have been stored to be sent.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Do we dare to dream again? I have an email too... I'm not getting my hopes up mind.

Wildside Expert

Well, that's what I have been told a couple of weeks ago by Fonzie.
    Last edited by Arm; 12-13-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Road Rasher

Fonzie called personally a guy from one of my facebook retrogaming group, asked about is adress for shipping for paprium, and if he still wants refund or the game. He posted the email about it too that he would start shipping

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sjorspion View Post
    The game ... is ... there! Surely it's not perfect but..
    Lmao. It's NOT a good sign when the dev himself talks down on his own upcoming game. Paprium 2077.
    Last edited by Benkei789; 12-13-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Road Rasher

If you can get a refund for projectN take it! This game will never happen, its been dead since 2013, no one is working on it for the past 7 years, nobody will pickup the project, at least paprium has a little bit of advancement shown, but iíll believe it when its at my doorstep

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

My email got the notices too
    https://twitter.com/working_designs/...415943168?s=19

See I told y'all not to lock the Paprium thread. It's back!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

In the other thread (about refunds) I mentioned this, I'll mention it here as well:

WM MGF let me log in, and I went through the process to re-verify my pre-order for Paprium. This process allowed me to update my address (really hit home how long it's been...I haven't lived at the address on file in over 8 years). So everything is updated now, and seems to be holding. Also gives the status as "packing" so...take that for what you will.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Locking the Paprium thread was a genius move. Now we've got 3 Paprium / WM threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Benkei789 View Post
    Lmao. It's NOT a good sign when the dev himself talks down on his own upcoming game. Paprium 2077.
    Exactly. I read it as "Fuck that, I'm just going to release it in a shitty state and call it done."

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Just reordered too, we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Locking the Paprium thread was a genius move. Now we've got 3 Paprium / WM threads.

Exactly. I read it as "Fuck that, I'm just going to release it in a shitty state and call it done."

Honestly, some of the email does read that way...you're not wrong.

Mostly, I want a functioning sound test for the awesome tunes. If I can have at least that, along with the closure of this fiasco, I call it closed. Anything on top of that? We'll see. Almost zero chance of it being as good as Streets of Rage 2. Compared to Streets of Rage 4, though? That will be an interesting comparison, especially given some of the polarization of views regarding SoR4.

Thread Information