Quantcast

Page 892 of 967 FirstFirst ... 392792842882888889890891892893894895896902942 ... LastLast
Results 13,366 to 13,380 of 14493

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

I don't even think rival turf can be cheesed with a jump kick. Great sound and good visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    The funny thing about that jump kick video is you did not even try with it. Run and jump kick was a option in that game and you can even abuse other moves to make the game look like the AI is just garbage. AVP Is another game you can jump kick spam and you might only have issues with the Queen. APC level sure you can not jump kick there but you did prove it was possible so thanks for that.
    Do you even know what the running jump attack does? It's not a jump kick but the flamethrower, which is good but can't be mindlessly abused as it requires precise timng, distance and minding the mook around you as it leaves you vulnerable within short range, thought that was pretty obvious in the video. A risky footsie isn't the same as the safe mindless spam with ridiculous active frames/range in Parpium that you can pretty much do blindfolded, but feel free to play like that and see how far you get lol.
    As for AvP, what are you smoking? the game has some overpowered stuff yes but jump kick isn't one of them, did you even play it?
    Last edited by Vludi; 01-17-2021 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vludi View Post
    As for AvP, what are you smoking? the game has some overpowered stuff yes but jump kick isn't one of them, did you even play it?
    Nobody said overpowered. I am talking about cheesing a game. I just think it is funny you put low effort into something and prove that in a lot of these types of games the jump kick is not blockable by most enemies if at all. If you want to play safe you can just jump kick most guys move back and run and jump kick before they can slide attack you or whatever else attack would interrupt you mid kick. Being a bit smug has not served you well at all so far here.

Too much clueless pretentious talk, not enough proof Paprium shill :')

Yes going back and forth one after the other with little thought is a good indicator. Thanks Pro gamer moves.

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    Yes going back and forth one after the other with little thought is a good indicator.
    That's exactly how people beat Paprium's hardest difficulty though lol.

Still no Paprium. I was playing SOR1 with my younger sons tonight, on my Model 1 non-TMSS, and just had the urge to crank that volume up. Wow, its been years since I've played this game, and that soundtrack is still top notch. I'm having doubts Paprium can ever live up to this game, let alone SOR2.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Are there a fair number of people who have received truly faulty cartridges? I'm surprised at how many reviewers out there have working copies. Mine isn't working on my model2 USA console with/without the segacd attached... It had a loose heat shied initially... Maybe it shorted out when I first tried against my better judgement. I've since removed the heat shield after ordering game bit drivers off ebay but it's still not working... I'm hoping to get a new cart from Fonzie eventually but that may be a pipe dream at this point :-(

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    Someone on Twitter mentioned that and according to Luis, he doesn't know who Rugal is:

https://twitter.com/UAPGodz/status/1...068508673?s=20
    Maybe he just found Rugal gifs online that he used as references without know who he is. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Vludi View Post
    That's exactly how people beat Paprium's hardest difficulty though lol.
    Exactly. Those jump kick videos nicely highlight that the "but other games are the same!" argument is bullshit. I'll make sure my own game is jump kick safe once it's closer to completion.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I guess I shouldn't have waited to have my investor copy, it's been "Packing" for a couple weeks at this point, hope they actually have stock.

Also did something happen and threads were merged?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Yes, all Paprium threads (except the original one) were merged into this one. Not the best idea, the others were useful, and now are lost here.

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

I've had Loempiavreter over the floor this afternoon (yes against lockdown advice but we've both been sensible and self-isolated so it should be fine) and we managed to fix his copy of the game. It turns out his Mega Drive cartridge slot was rather dirty, and cleaning both it and the game cartridge with some isopropyl alcohol cleared up all of the stability issues. We've been able to play through the Mid-Levels in arcade mode in two-player on his copy without any issues. A quick and easy fix then, fortunately.

Along the way we made some interesting discoveries. Turns out there are some rather significant differences between the various editions of the game. He has a Japanese Limited Edition while I have the plain Classic Edition. The first difference is already noticeable on the title screen:

My copy is on the left; it shows the various tech promo logos above the title. His Japanese edition however contains the word メガロポリス (Megalopolis) above the title. Both were run in US region mode so it's not the console's region setting that affects this; it's an actual difference in the ROM.

Second, his copy contains the track title labels at the start of each stage, which is something people have been wondering about. My copy does not have this at all.

Third, on his copy the Showtime character will pop up in the bottom right corner whenever you throw an item at an enemy. My copy only plays the "Showtime!" and "Yeah!" voice samples when you do.

Fourth, his copy shows a hit counter whenever you perform a combo. Again my copy does not have this.

Very oddly, in his copy we were not able to taunt. You just get this ?! look and the announcer saying "Oh no!". We're not sure if this is an actual difference between our copies, or whether the ability to taunt is something you need to unlock by playing Original mode.

Last but not least, we discovered that there are bonus mini games when you play in two-player mode! This one has you competing to see who can throw the most enemies into a hoop. It took us a bit too long to figure out what you're supposed to do and how it works, so we didn't actually get to play it properly.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    I've had Loempiavreter over the floor this afternoon (yes against lockdown advice but we've both been sensible and self-isolated so it should be fine) and we managed to fix his copy of the game. It turns out his Mega Drive cartridge slot was rather dirty, and cleaning both it and the game cartridge with some isopropyl alcohol cleared up all of the stability issues. We've been able to play through the Mid-Levels in arcade mode in two-player on his copy without any issues. A quick and easy fix then, fortunately.
    This is good news. Good that he can enjoy his copy now.
    And thanks for sharing all the info on the versions differences. Rep given.

I've thought there were differences in versions from the get go. I was commenting on The Wizard who says Ni's YT videos trying to get to the bottom of this. During conversations with Ni on discord I tested 4 separate model 1's, trying to see if I got any different behavior from my game in different consoles, and nothing. My game doesn't have any of that stuff, while his does. Additionally, all my model 1 consoles show up as model 2's in the jukebox. So now we have to seriously consider the ramifications regarding versions of the game that went out, and how WM will remedy this, if at all.

This is such a damn debacle...

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

My guess is these differences are actually intentional, to give people who paid for the more expensive versions a couple of exclusive features. I wouldn't put it past Fonzie to decide on such a thing. Once again it's the lack of transparency that's the real problem here.

Thread Information