Quantcast

Page 819 of 951 FirstFirst ... 319719769809815816817818819820821822823829869919 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,285 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Kamon's Avatar

Noticed there's some braille written in the gloss coating of the limited editions fake blu packet, anyone translate that yet? I haven't received my copy yet as I'm overseas but glad to see the us copies shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    Was there a blue one too? I have only seen pink(investor) Purple(pre order) Black plastic box version.
    Must be the purple one. I'm partially color blind and only found it on a YouTube unboxing video.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    Yeah, I admit that maybe I'm just a bit too paranoid about stuff like this. I actually worked on a series of feature reports on "plagiarized" Chips for an electronics magazine back in 2017/2018 and actually saw how some of these are "harvested" (when you've seen some guy in China desoldering logic boards outdoors on a sidewalk, because they don't have ventilation indoors, and sorting them into cloth baskets for reselling them later... that kind of leaves an impression on you. 😜 )
    Wait so what is the chip being used for then?
    Please check out my YouTube channel

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loempiavreter View Post
    Finally got the game myself... but it already froze two times on me in the 20 min i played, couldnt even finish the first stage because it kept frozing before i could finish it (not on the same spot). Something in the cart is loose tho, probably the aforementioned ID tag? This is how it arrived. Does that have something to do with freezing? Any similar experiences? Any fix? How many times did it froze on others here?
    Couple of questions:
    • What model is your Genesis? If its an old Model 1 some are incompatible with Paprium.
    • Are you using an 8bitdo wireless controller?

1. Is the game compatible with all systems?
    The game pushes the hardware to extreme limits and therefore is only compatible with official SEGA systems, both PAL and NTSC. After market systems or unlicensed clones are not supported. Some older clones made of SEGA parts may run the game in compatibility mode.
    For games shipped prior 2021, there is an unfortunate incompatibility with some MegaDrive/SEGA Genesis: Model1 Japanese systems with serial A10xxxxxx; Model1 PAL serial 1601-xx; Model1 USA serial 1601-xx (list is a work in progress). We are confident this issue is unrelated to any performance or quality problem and will be addressed in the future. Cartridges sold prior 2021 may be serviceable upon request when a fix is found. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
    https://www.magicalgamefactory.com/e...paprium_2/faq/

Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    Wait so what is the chip being used for then?
    Predominantly for PCM sound but potentially for uncompressing graphics and possibly scaling (although that is questionable as he's got so much space it might just be incremental frames!)
    Last edited by matteus; 12-22-2020 at 07:35 AM.

The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar

This year is almost over and it's still getting weirder by the minute.

After years of delays a dev nobody likes finally release the game most people have already written off and despite all the expectations, it actually seems good.

This is like bizarro Cyberpunk 2077.
    Formerly known as -RT

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loempiavreter View Post
    Finally got the game myself... but it already froze two times on me in the 20 min i played, couldnt even finish the first stage because it kept frozing before i could finish it (not on the same spot). Something in the cart is loose tho, probably the aforementioned ID tag? This is how it arrived. Does that have something to do with freezing? Any similar experiences? Any fix? How many times did it froze on others here?
    I haven't experienced any freezes myself, so it sounds like you're having some sort of hardware problem. As already suggested the first thing I'd try is open up the cartridge and remove the heatsink that's clearly come loose and is rattling around. It may be shorting components on the board. It could also be that without the heatsink, the chips are overheating and causing the crashes. Either way the heatsink would be my first suspect.

Other than that I would try cleaning the contacts on your Mega Drive's cartridge slot. Paprium uses some hardware features that most other cartridges don't, so it's possible that a single dirty contact or just a bad connection is causing stability issues that only affect this particular game.

Road Rasher

Plate does nothing.
    Chips are blobbed and epoxy blob has super poor thermal conductivity.
    Also doubting chips are getting hot enough to crash (unless they're faulty to begin with).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoandr View Post
    Plate does nothing.
    Chips are blobbed and epoxy blob has super poor thermal conductivity.
    Also doubting chips are getting hot enough to crash (unless they're faulty to begin with).
    Beginning to think the age of your PSU is a factor here. This cart must be drawing one hell of a lot of current.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Scandy's Avatar

Hello, can the Grand Stick III also be connected to other platforms such as the Neogeo?
    Thank you.

Recieved my package today. One things for sure the packaging is amazing.
    Here are my unboxing pictures for the Grand Stick, The Investors editions (EU-JAP-USA) (The limited edition is the same as the Investors edition, but only the game) and the classic edition.

Paprium-Pics

The had to open up the normal edition because the plate was lose in the cart. So I removed it to be sure, so i could accidentally shortcut something.
    I played a little bit. Funny thing that the first time I boot a Cartridge I got that weird 'fake' Paprium game, after turning the power on and off I got the real game.
    So I get back to you after some extended play time.

@Scandy I don't have Neo geo to try, but there's a usb-connect and a 21pin-to-9pin cable for the Megadrive/genesis. So perhaps you could make cables for other console's if you know the pinout.
    Last edited by sjorspion; 12-22-2020 at 09:31 AM.
    SEEEEEGGGGAAAA!!!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Scandy View Post
    Hello, can the Grand Stick III also be connected to other platforms such as the Neogeo?
    Thank you.
    It'll be in a future using some special cable, at moment is compatible with sega genesis and PC.
    "There's no knowledge, that is not power..."

Quote Originally Posted by sjorspion View Post
    Here are my unboxing pictures for the Grand Stick, The Investors editions (EU-JAP-USA) (The collectors edition is the same as the Investors edition, but only the game) and the normal edition.

Paprium-Pics

The had to open up the normal edition because the plate was lose in the cart. So I removed it to be sure, so i could accidentally shortcut something.
    I played a little bit. Funny thing that the first time I boot a Cartridge I got that weird 'fake' Paprium game, after turning the power on and off I got the real game.

@Scandy I don't have Neo geo to try, but there's a usb-connect and a 21pin-to-9pin cable for the Megadrive/genesis. So perhaps you could make cables for other console's if you know the pinout.
    I can't fault the craftsmanship of this package the attention to detail is insane. It's a shame the customer service has let things down really!

Nice album btw!

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sjorspion View Post
    Here are my unboxing pictures for the Grand Stick, The Investors editions (EU-JAP-USA) (The collectors edition is the same as the Investors edition, but only the game) and the normal edition.

Paprium-Pics

This is normal, it happened to me too. I think it intentionally triggers when the SRAM has not been initialized yet upon booting, so it trolls you first time you start the game. The next time you start it up the SRAM has been formatted and the game boots normally.

@Devil N Yep, that seems to be the case. I noticed it with the second cartridge. The first boot SRAM was not ok. First I though it had something to do with my PAL Megadrive 50/60 hz mods :P
    SEEEEEGGGGAAAA!!!

Thread Information