Quantcast

Page 947 of 951 FirstFirst ... 447847897937943944945946947948949950951 LastLast
Results 14,191 to 14,205 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    Why is this Rot person not yet banned? For posts like that, I would have given a warning ages ago, and a permaban days ago. Who cares if he's an admin somewhere else.
    Rot is good people he really is. Big name on the Neo forums and a true member of the retro gaming community.

Wow, what a dumpster fire this thread has become lately.

Not too much loving your neighbor as yourself up in here.

I just had a quick question. Does anybody here consider themselves a woketard? Anyone?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    Rot is good *people* PERSON he really is. Big name on the Neo forums and a true member of the retro gaming community.
    you forgot to mention and total Prick too anyone else outside the NEOGEO (Big CLICK) Forum.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Zz Badnusty View Post
    You're a 49 year old man who talks about torn buttholes and sloppy seconds and who gets pumped-up on receiving digital rep along with your power as a moderator on a game forum.
    That's all.
    You know I understand sometimes people lack a sense of humor or the ability to just lighten up so reading thru your post history shows that your last post was in 2020 but the saddening thing is this..

Seriously, fuck this site and 70% of the people who post on it.
    I really wish this could have concluded in a better fashion but you've made it crystal clear you have no desire to be here so I'll just help you on your way and you can just blame it on the bad moderator so you can sleep at night.

Best of luck where ever else you decide to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    Wow, what a dumpster fire this thread has become lately.
    No, It's been one way since before these recent posts.

Not too much loving your neighbor as yourself up in here.
    It's hard for some folks to love thy neighbor when they're gouging you for games just because they were faster then you at the "Buy It Now" button. Let's be fair and just say Fonzie still owes a lot of you guys a game. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even read this forum anymore.

I just had a quick question. Does anybody here consider themselves a woketard? Anyone?
    There's a lot of "woke" folks around if you look hard enough. Anyways do me a favor and let us know if you actually get your game. I'm not crossing my fingers at this point but one can only hope.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 04-28-2021 at 07:22 AM.
    05/05/15

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher tokay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Let's be fair and just say Fonzie still owes a lot of you guys a game.
    How many games to how many people are there yet to be delivered?

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    How many games to how many people are there yet to be delivered?
    That's a good question. I doubt we'll never know the exact number.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by Nano Babe View Post
    you forgot to mention and total Prick too anyone else outside the NEOGEO (Big CLICK) Forum.
    he banned me from the Forums and I still like him.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    I'm not sure if you mean everyone, or just the random folks you've been ripping on, but some people do contribute, and some of them are active in our Discord as well. I don't necessarily believe all members need to be contributing/posting/creating threads, etc. There is a quite a bit of traffic that a community will get that is just utility members. People that use the forum as a tool, rather than a community. I don't really look at it that way, but I'm also kinda light on my post count, but it's not from a lack of interest or fondness for the hobby or the community. Just that I don't post as often because I'm awfully long-winded.

It's totally acceptable to be a member that just uses a forum as a utility, that's literally most community members. The core members of any community will almost always be a tiny percentage of the userbase. I think core/veteran members need to be the community members that help new users and try to drive conversation, answer questions, etc.

That being said, I've never really understood this tough love/"if you were at my forum" stuff. Online communities are just That. Communities. Some are more helpful/friendly than others, but I don't believe that tearing up members, regardless of how much the contribute or don't, is conducive to building a community. Protecting/policing a community is not the same as building it. And if any forum is going to survive, chasing off new members is not the way to do it. If maintaining and building a community is our goal, we're kinda hurting ourselves when we ask why this or that person logs in, or that their post count is too low, etc. None of that is welcoming, fixes nothing, and just reduces our numbers. Thing is, those members don't really leave, they were utility members to begin with. They were already giving and getting what they wanted. They didn't have plans to contribute (whatever that means, I don't contribute, and I've been here a long while.) And being called names, etc. probably won't push them into being high-post count/contributing members.

Anyway, Sega-16 Discord is there, if you're interested. Could always use anther person to talk games with.

^^Thanks for this. And ironically I had this conversation on another forum that I used to heavily visit many years ago, but once I finished school and got what my wife calls a "grown up job" my forum time is pretty much absent. I honestly like checking in here almost daily just to see any news/updates/etc. but I don't feel like commenting much because I don't really have much constructive feedback to offer and I don't want to just post stuff to bump threads or even inflate my post count.
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

What was your username on NG.com anyways? I'm drawing a blank.
    05/05/15

Sports Talker

Why is this Rot person not yet banned? For posts like that, I would have given a warning ages ago, and a permaban days ago. Who cares if he's an admin somewhere else.
    Hi roce, there's the thing.

What have I said that isn't true here?

A) Pre-orders are a gamble.
    B) Axel admitted to gouging and flipping.
    C) SOME of you members don't care enough to post and keep this place alive?
    D) ... and if you wanna check my post history on the Paprium thingy... you may recall I stated I wasn't the sort of person you'd want to try and get aggressive on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nano Babe View Post
    WELL... you deserved it for:

A) NOT reading enough and understanding the current thread dynamic and who was posting... what are you? A fookin' child who can't research stuff?
    B) Being too immature to even grasp the overall concept of another voice that you didn't like posting...

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Anyway, Sega-16 Discord is there, if you're interested. Could always use anther person to talk games with.
    I am sorta busy with a few things like ensuring the new NG.com platform is fit for purpose and will outlast even me.

As for talking games... I don't do discord as it detracts from a forum environment.

PS. Thank you for the offer...

I HONESTLY can't remember why I banned you.. if you wanna discuss it. I suppose you can PM me here.

...OH... that's if I dont get "Banned" first... ***INSERT "facepalm_gif_and_tell_roce_to_go_fuck_himself "

xROTx

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    I am sorta busy with a few things like ensuring the new NG.com platform is fit for purpose and will outlast even me.

As for talking games... I don't do discord as it detracts from a forum environment.

PS. Thank you for the offer...
    Right on, well, you do you. NG.com is a cool place. Glad it's still doing well.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    OK "lads" play nice. lol Rot was just saying you missed the point of his post which in a way you kinda glossed over the point he was making that the hobby is kinda fucked up how a lot of people do buy these limited released physical games only to turn around and flip them at stupid prices.

Case in point the Limited run Grandia HD collection. Damn game is already pushing the $250.00 mark for a brand new copy which is retarded. The people who are selling this crap like this only bought it to profit on it later.

Whatever the game is be damned.

I have never like the idea of people using Video games as an investment. It just comes off as gross to me.
    Some of us keep and play the games we buy. Personally, IDGAF about rarity or how common or limited something is. I just want to play it.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Hi roce, there's the thing.

What have I said that isn't true here?

A) Pre-orders are a gamble.
    B) Axel admitted to gouging and flipping.
    C) SOME of you members don't care enough to post and keep this place alive?
    D) ... and if you wanna check my post history on the Paprium thingy... you may recall I stated I wasn't the sort of person you'd want to try and get aggressive on.
    WELL... you deserved it for:

A) NOT reading enough and understanding the current thread dynamic and who was posting... what are you? A fookin' child who can't research stuff?
    B) Being too immature to even grasp the overall concept of another voice that you didn't like posting...
    ...OH... that's if I dont get "Banned" first... ***INSERT "facepalm_gif_and_tell_roce_to_go_fuck_himself "
    I rest my case. It's not often when foot gets inserted in mouth in the very same post.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

He's an internet badass. He's so cool. Why can't you see that?

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

I rest my case. It's not often when foot gets inserted in mouth in the very same post.
    Well it's nice you admitted to not reading what he was telling you earlier roce. It's fine as we all make mistakes but don't feel too bad about it. Just remember that rot is another member here like you so it's best to sometimes realize that not everyone is perfect.
    05/05/15

Thread Information