Quantcast

Page 290 of 967 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390790 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 14503

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Well..I know that I ordered and paid for Pier Solar like 4 years before it one day arrived on my doorstep. I had totally forgotten about it by then, but was sure glad I was still at that address. I actually pre-paid and ordered for the game while it was in development so I knew it would be a while. Either way, I wasn't disappointed and have my first edition release of Pier Solar in my display case as one of my show pieces in my collection to this day.

At least this time they have given us a time frame of fall 2017. That is more than when I purchased Pier Solar as I said earlier. So I'm patient and will be glad when my classic edition arrives in the fall.

I think it will make it on time in september, atleast shipping to your door by that day. It will be up to the mailmen to not take forever then.

BTW I imagine there are more trailers coming - Fonzie has posted several GIFs to the MFG Twitter/Facebook of what look like additional Paprium live-action commercials. The guy with the headphones playing a Genesis controller, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight View Post
    BTW I imagine there are more trailers coming - Fonzie has posted several GIFs to the MFG Twitter/Facebook of what look like additional Paprium live-action commercials. The guy with the headphones playing a Genesis controller, for instance.
    Yeah we can expect one more on release day, to promote new sale's.

From my information thread on MGF https://www.magicalgamefactory.com/e...we-know_23397/

subway 4, that guy was used in the gif Fonzie had on facebook.
    Last edited by zredgemz; 03-29-2017 at 05:02 PM.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    I was told by someone who has been working on Paprium (not a coder) that they will likely be tweaking and play testing the game right up until "the end" which to me implies that the game is done unless they find bugs and or wish to adjust something. So I think it's still being worked on and will be for months more. But I suppose lots of manufacturing can still be done before the software is finalized.

Just in case this Super Great Guy doesn't want to be known for this information I'm leaving his name out. AND be sure to remember that I'm just a Paprium fan and not an official source for news. I could have interpreted this wrong but I thought it was worth while enough to mention.
    wow if that's the case I definitely wouldn't expect it in September!

Wildside Expert

Pretty shit to read that the manga is already sold out... And also that while I invested like 550 gems to get the limited edition I still need 80 euros to order the game I thought the gems invested meant I was to get a copy for sure 😑

Quote Originally Posted by loempiavreter View Post
    Pretty shit to read that the manga is already sold out... And also that while I invested like 550 gems to get the limited edition I still need 80 euros to order the game I thought the gems invested meant I was to get a copy for sure 😑
    http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en...ty_2/specials/ Convert your gems there. All investor's get the Manga.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loempiavreter View Post
    Did you actually convert your GEMS?
    http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en...utorial_23866/

Gotta do that towards your purchase. It will effectively make the LE version 400 Gems if you invested. And the Investor's edition 500 Gems.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Doesn't matter whether people were invested or not. It was a conversation about transparency throughout crowd funded projects. The people that HAD invested were, for some reason or another, fine with the borderline terrible way WM handled the development of the game.

Also, at this point, the point is neither here nor there. I didn't invest in the game because I disagree with the way WM treats their investors, but I DID do exactly what I said I would. The moment they showed concrete evidence of product, I pre-ordered then immediately forked over my money. I voted with my dollar.

That being said, people SHOULD talk about stuff like this. Like I've said time and again. Retro Gamers are a viable source of income. We should expect some level of transparency in the event we fund a project throughout development. It's simply a better way to do business.

Granted, you're free to your own opinion, but if a company wants to endear themselves to investors, a bit of communication and transparency goes a long, long way.
    QFT

I'm wondering (and cautiously optimistic) about what happens to the market if Paprium turns out to be worth the wait, as well as Tanglewood, Majikana (what happened to that?) , Project Antarex, and finally Henshin Engine. Will it affect Genesis prices down the road? For a 25+ year old machine, this is a decent amount of games coming out.

The first thing that I'll do when I get any of these is pop them into my Retron 5, just to see if it spazzes out. My 2 OG Genny's and Super Retro Trio will be watching in the meanwhile.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    The first thing that I'll do when I get any of these is pop them into my Retron 5, just to see if it spazzes out. My 2 OG Genny's and Super Retro Trio will be watching in the meanwhile.
    Paprium definitely won't work in the Retron 5, at least not initially. The Retron 5 is an Android box running an emulator with a cartridge interface. Both the emulator and the cartridge reader software will need to be updated to support it. Last I heard, they were using Genesis Plus GX (despite commercial use being forbidden by the license) so presumably the Retron 5 won't support it until Genesis Plus GX does.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mask of Destiny View Post
    Paprium definitely won't work in the Retron 5, at least not initially. The Retron 5 is an Android box running an emulator with a cartridge interface. Both the emulator and the cartridge reader software will need to be updated to support it. Last I heard, they were using Genesis Plus GX (despite commercial use being forbidden by the license) so presumably the Retron 5 won't support it until Genesis Plus GX does.
    Oh, I'm aware of all of that. I just like to pop every homebrew game into it just to see it fail or run horribly. Hyperkin's support is terrible at updating for compatibility. The last update that they released in February for GG compatibility broke Virtua Racing, and they still haven't fixed, nor acknowledged it.

So far, they're doing pretty bad as the only Homebrew game that that works well from my collection is Papi Commando.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mask of Destiny View Post
    Last I heard, they were using Genesis Plus GX (despite commercial use being forbidden by the license)
    I think you have SNES9x in mind which uses its own license (which indeed does exclude commercial use).

Edit: I checked and GPGX is not GPL'd. And you're right: Its license does forbid commercial use. I wasn't aware of that.
    Last edited by retrospiel; 03-29-2017 at 06:58 PM.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by retrospiel View Post
    I think you have SNES9x in mind which uses its own license (which indeed does exclude commercial use).

Edit: I checked and GPGX is not GPL'd. And you're right: Its license does forbid commercial use. I wasn't aware of that.
    A number of years ago Genesis Plus was GPL (though that was questionable as IIRC it used some code from MAME which was not available under the GPL at the time) and thus Genesis Plus GX was also GPL. At some point, Charles MacDonald relicensed Genesis Plus under a non-commercial license and Eke followed suit. So if you were to base your commercial product off of one of those old versions you might be in the clear (as long as you follow the terms of the GPL of course which is another discussion in the Retron 5 case), but I'm pretty sure that's' not the version that was used.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Article is done! It's massive, and covers a lot of ground. Some that I (hope) hasn't been covered before. Looking forward to sharing it with you all. I'll post the link tomorrow morning!

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    Article is done! It's massive, and covers a lot of ground. Some that I (hope) hasn't been covered before. Looking forward to sharing it with you all. I'll post the link tomorrow morning!
    Looking forward to it.

Thread Information