Quantcast

Page 291 of 960 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 14388

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Same here.

Wildside Expert Groovemaster303's Avatar

It's great to see everyone so excited and I honestly can't wait to get stuck into the game myself.

The article came out and it is really detailed. http://www.gamingrebellion.com/2017/...ermelon-games/ Some one does understand the the post it meme.

AggroSky did a fantastic job.
    Last edited by zredgemz; 03-30-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Jeez! I look FAT in that picture! :-o

2021 will be the year 2Dream!

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    Haha! It's a bit unflattering!

“We talked to Sega about officially licencing Pier Solar for the Mega Drive. They told us they no longer managed the console. However, they did appreciate our effort, and wished us luck.”

I remember us having that phonecall to Sega lol

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    I remember us having that phonecall to Sega lol
    Indeed. And I asked you to be speaking on our behalf because I thought with your British accent we'd sound more respectable.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Thanks zredgemz! You beat me to the punch! But yeah, I tried to be as fair as I could in terms of telling the story of Watermelon. My only regret is that it was only Tulios side as I tried to get an interview with Fonzie for over a year to hear his side but to no avail (I'm still trying!). But Tulio was great and we had some really long, in depth talks about everything. Most of the big quotes in the article are straight from Tulio telling me tid-bits about Pier Solars development. It was also obvious (and well known at this point) that he was incredibly frustrated with Fonzie. Some of that came out in the article but I didn't want to focus too much on it. I think I also gave Fonzie a fair shake in the latter part praising Paprium and the resurgence of Watermelon.

I also tried to cap some larger and higher quality shots from the Paprium trailer to use in the article. They turned out looking really nice!

Anyway, I am REALLY glad I finally finished this article. I started it back in 2015 but as I mentioned before, once Tulio left Watermelon and I wasn't able to get an interview with Fonzie, I just gave up on it. But it was a labor of love as I created a lot of custom graphics, cut out sprites and of course that massive animated GIF. Just glad I got to share it with all of you guys finally.

And zredgemz, I'm glad you noticed the post-it at the end... I thought that would be funny

In fact, I'll post some of the pictures from the article here:

And of course, if you want to read the article here is the link again!

http://www.gamingrebellion.com/2017/...ermelon-games/

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    You know.... When we were talking via Skype I thought you looked skinnier...

Wildside Expert Groovemaster303's Avatar

Great article there AggroSky. Best one I've read so far.

Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    (...) But it was a labor of love as I created a lot of custom graphics, cut out sprites and of course that massive animated GIF. Just glad I got to share it with all of you guys finally.
    And that's an indisputable fact my friend, you did an awesome article, as you do always. Thanks for covering this story so thoroughly. Even though I had my frustrations back then, everyone will attest that I never even once said this game would never be. Given enough time games get built. I just regret that this could have been done much earlier if I had been allowed to cooperate, among other little things.

At the risk of going off topic, I know you're a great fan of shmups, why aren't we talking about Ghost Blade HD yet? You have my Skype!

Great article, I'm kind of glad I put this game at the back of my mind, 4 years of anticipation is a lot to deal with.

Also RE:LE vs Classic boxes - Fonzie sent me a personal response to my support request, and explained the cardboard version is made from "artboard" which is essentially plastic covered cardboard. He said this is the best looking version of the game and has lots of extras they can't put in the plastic clamshell, so I'm going to stick with that version. He said I wouldn't be disappointed!

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

I don't think I ever thought Fonz wouldn't pull this one out the bag. I just hope he keeps to the September deadline (or October as you say Tulio).

Quote Originally Posted by Qjimbo View Post

Also RE:LE vs Classic boxes - Fonzie sent me a personal response to my support request, and explained the cardboard version is made from "artboard" which is essentially plastic covered cardboard. He said this is the best looking version of the game and has lots of extras they can't put in the plastic clamshell, so I'm going to stick with that version. He said I wouldn't be disappointed!
    Just like with Papi Commando, always looking for way's to improve.
    Last edited by zredgemz; 03-30-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

@AggroSky
    Just some things I noticed in that article. When showing a pic of two people, there should be a subtitle saying who's who, we don't all know what Tulio and Fonzie look like. Then, the subtitles seemed to have nothing to do with the text? Usually they'd be about the following paragraph. Like the mode 7 quote, I wanted to know more about that but couldn't find anything skimming around it.

Fonzie has the long hair.

Thread Information