Quantcast

Page 305 of 959 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405805 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 14379

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

  1. #4561
    16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,446
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    This is what I don't understand. You don't talk to the press or anyone, provide almost no information to the people who financially backed your game, and then get mad when information is actually published? Too bad. If Fonzie was indeed so concerned about what's being said, then he shouldn't have forced press outlets to piece together a story like an episode of Scooby-Doo. I assume he actually does want the word to spread about the game, but if he's not confident/interested/capable of doing interviews, then he should delegate that task to someone else. Most game companies have someone who does that and only that. As far as I'm concerned, you don't get to complain about what's printed if you don't want to provide any facts.

    To be fair, this time around was much easier than the information nightmare that was Pier Solar. At least there was a press kit this time, with a release and assets, so writing a standard preview was easy enough. There's nothing more than that, so I'm not exactly sure what kind of coverage Fonzie thinks he'll get if he doesn't share anything.
    There was a press kit for Pier Solar I sent it out a lot and replied to those wanting interviews! I've still got half the stuff on my hard drive.
    Last edited by matteus; 04-04-2017 at 09:34 AM.


  2. #4562
    Wildside Expert Groovemaster303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lost in the silver box
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    If you're using samples that aren't your own then you'll need to clear copyright, unfortunately owning the CD doesn't count :/

    http://diymusician.cdbaby.com/music-...righted-music/

    I mean lots of people do it without permission and it's pretty unlike you'll get flagged for it but I'd seriously consider using your own recorded voice samples where you can.
    I'll look into it more deeply when I get home as right now I'm literally in the middle of a course and I can only do a super quick reply when I grab a spare moment when my tutor is not looking or during our super short 10 minute break.

  3. #4563
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Jensen Beach, Florida
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    If you're using samples that aren't your own then you'll need to clear copyright, unfortunately owning the CD doesn't count :/

    http://diymusician.cdbaby.com/music-...righted-music/

    I mean lots of people do it without permission and it's pretty unlike you'll get flagged for it but I'd seriously consider using your own recorded voice samples where you can.
    Yeah I was wondering about that Ludacris sample....

  4. #4564
    Blast processor Melf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cabo Rojo, PR
    Posts
    9,693
    Rep Power
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    There was a press kit for Pier Solar I sent it out a lot and replied to those wanting interviews! I've still got half the stuff on my hard drive.
    I never heard of it! And boy, did I complain about the lack of material in the official thread. No one ever said anything.

  5. #4565
    VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,631
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    If he's using sample cds then all you need is the licence for that, isn't that how it works? They're just generic sound libraries made for sampling purposes so copyright doesn't come into it, that's my understanding.

    Anything else is a different matter.

  6. #4566
    Road Rasher Armoured Priest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    If he's using sample cds then all you need is the licence for that, isn't that how it works? They're just generic sound libraries made for sampling purposes so copyright doesn't come into it, that's my understanding.

    Anything else is a different matter.
    If they're commercial Sampler CDs then, yes, he should be fine.

  7. #4567
    Outrunner zredgemz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    509
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    Yeah I was wondering about that Ludacris sample....
    I just checked to confirm, Ludacris Was using some high pitched effect on his "How low, can you go", is it similar sounding?

    Yes, on the non effect version that was only played once on Ludacris's song how low. It is possible the non effect version was used? Could be.

    It is true that musician's use samples from older song's and other's too, rapper's do this religiously. I am not gonna be an armchaired lawyer here but as was stated above this has been done in rap forever, not always without lawsuits.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lega...music_sampling Personality i would have someone else voice it and take the old one out just to be safe.
    Last edited by zredgemz; 04-04-2017 at 02:33 PM.

  8. #4568
    16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,446
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Well it's not just that, if SEGA were feeling particularly arsey (not that I'd imagine they would be) they could flag the Jet Set Radio "Let's Get Scratchin'" too


  9. #4569
    Outrunner zredgemz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    509
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Well it's not just that, if SEGA were feeling particularly arsey (not that I'd imagine they would be) they could flag the Jet Set Radio "Let's Get Scratchin'" too
    I had no idea about that one, but if anything the other one is a bigger issue potentially. Sega may not care but musician's lawyer's, love to rip people apart.

    Either way i am no lawyer so i am unsure of what's okay and what is not, so take what i said with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by zredgemz; 04-04-2017 at 04:19 PM.

  10. #4570
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Afaik 4 seconds or less samples are not an issue. Im not even sure vanilla ice paid royalties for using Queens under pressure sampled the entire song. Although i would use another sample than ludacris just to be on the safe side, but he'll never hear about this, he would not waste time on a small time dev like wm for a 2 second sample in a genesis video game
    Last edited by PreZZ; 04-04-2017 at 04:53 PM.

  11. #4571
    16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,446
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Afaik 4 seconds or less samples are not an issue. Im not even sure vanilla ice paid royalties for using Queens under pressure sampled the entire song. Although i would use another sample than ludacris just to be on the safe side, but he'll never hear about this, he would not waste time on a small time dev like wm for a 2 second sample in a genesis video game
    I guess it all depends how low, can Ludacris go?


  12. #4572
    Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Outer Space 2
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,449
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    I guess it all depends how low, can Ludacris go?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to matteus again.

    I smirked.

  13. #4573
    Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,215
    Rep Power
    209

    Default

    Done

  14. #4574
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Wasn't until a like 3 days that I realized this thread was the Project Y thread. And I have to say, am I the only one who thinks this game's official title is pretty lame? Sounds like some cutesy girl anime Japanese game. After going by Project Y for so long, they should have just kept the name Project Y. At least I think it better then what we got.

  15. #4575
    WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Wasn't until a like 3 days that I realized this thread was the Project Y thread. And I have to say, am I the only one who thinks this game's official title is pretty lame? Sounds like some cutesy girl anime Japanese game. After going by Project Y for so long, they should have just kept the name Project Y. At least I think it better then what we got.

    PAPRIUM was a mostly a Fonzie's decission. I and others have suggested at least to add the MEGA PAPRIUM, like MEGA DRIVE or MEGA CITY . But he insisted and the rest is History.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •