Quantcast

Page 802 of 959 FirstFirst ... 302702752792798799800801802803804805806812852902 ... LastLast
Results 12,016 to 12,030 of 14379

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker inqualls's Avatar

Has anyone with shipping from the Las Vegas location received their copy yet? The anticipation is really getting to me. I was following Tulio's shipping updates but he's been absent for a few pages now.

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

This game is completely above and beyond anything I know in terms of packaging. I can only imagine how much time and resources were spent on making this so detailed and so professional. And that statue... just WTF was that? WOW.

Now this is partially part of the problem I had with Fonzie that lead me to ultimately leaving WM... the resource management is not optimized. I can guarantee to you that all the packaging details were sorted out by 2013 or 2014 the latest. This is not an easy task, and it takes a lot of time and dedication, to make it all come out just as perfect as you intend to. And I see nothing wrong with that, just that the priority should always be the product (the game) itself, and the packaging should go as far as the budget allows AFTER the game is complete or near completion.

Anyway, regarding my focus on making games again in 2021:
    Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Depends on who you're asking.

To me the game itself is far more important and nowadays I usually avoid collecting more physical games 'cause I already have a lot game-related hardware and it eats up a good chunk of my home.
    (...)
    If I'm a fan of your work and especially who you are, there's a good chance I'll support anything you do next.
    Thanks for your input. I know the whole set is the ideal but in the end, we have to remember that it is a game what we're making, and that we want it to be played. I hate the idea that people will put their packages on shelves undisturbed to preserve its pristine value. They're made to be enjoyed, but more importantly, the game is made to be played.

That said, we'll always work to provide a product that the buyer can be proud of. In package, but most importantly in software.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovemaster303 View Post
    I would love to hear some recordings direct from MD. So I can properly compare. Most if not all videos, the sound is in mono so makes things a little harder to judge from what Iím used to.
    From what Iíve heard from those videos, occasionally the music pitches and sounds a little odd, then sorts itself out. This wasnít intentional from what was produced using the in house tracker but could like others had said be an issue with the how everything is handled by the DTM.

Itís a little disappointing to hear something that once sounded spot on to be off a bit but at the same time Paprium aimed for some really incredible heights all round and no doubt itís been a real mission to bring these lofty visions to cart. So all in all Iím still pretty impressed with what has been achieved.
    Hey hey GM303, so nice to hear from you. I was wondering if the key shift was intentional to add some flare to some parts of the game, as we know, shifting two tones normally gives an uplifting feeling, a technique very used in the 80s and early 90s.

When I get mine, I'll make sure to see if this happen in just plain play (i.e.: not progressing through game, or in a sound test). Is there even a sound test anyway? I haven't seen any footage or pictures of it.

Quote Originally Posted by inqualls View Post
    Has anyone with shipping from the Las Vegas location received their copy yet? The anticipation is really getting to me. I was following Tulio's shipping updates but he's been absent for a few pages now.
    I was wondering the same thing. Still no sign of shipping news. Has been stuck on "shipping..." since Monday (Dec 14). I wonder if anyone in the Americas have seen any change in status or if only Europe is seeing movement. My friend Kenny (SpaceCowboyKenny) in the UK has his status changed to Shipped.

2021 will be the year 2Dream!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker inqualls's Avatar

@Tulio: Thanks for the shipping update.

I'm trying my best to avoid any footage but with more forum members getting their copies by the day it's getting tough. I just finished school and I'm home for the holidays with nothing to do. If the parcel status is actually updating then preorders in the USA may not be rolling out until next week.

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    The Classic edition really turned out well. If it is not too much trouble would you mind doing a close up of the box with a older mega drive game box if you have one? I was wondering if Fonzie got the texture on par or better then Papi Commando.
    Sure I'll do that tomorrow, when I have a bit more natural light to work with. The box feels very good in the hand, to me it's indistinguishable from an original Mega Drive game box. The texture of the plastic sleeve feels pretty much perfect. The only minor nitpick on my copy is that the paper has bubbled up a bit so it's not perfectly smooth. I'm not sure if that's the same for other copies, it could just be something that only affects mine.

Master of Shinobi

IF there is a sound test it must be unlocked. Tone shifting occurs on low life / taking blu pill / (maybe) scene changes at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    Sure I'll do that tomorrow, when I have a bit more natural light to work with. The box feels very good in the hand, to me it's indistinguishable from an original Mega Drive game box. The texture of the plastic sleeve feels pretty much perfect. The only minor nitpick on my copy is that the paper has bubbled up a bit so it's not perfectly smooth. I'm not sure if that's the same for other copies, it could just be something that only affects mine.
    Mine too, at least on the back side. It's minor, though. Not like something inside the cart had fell off and was shorting everything inside...
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

This is good then to me. Looks like Fonzie either kept the same manufacturer or found someone better since Papi Commando.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inqualls View Post
    @Tulio: Thanks for the shipping update.

I'm trying my best to avoid any footage but with more forum members getting their copies by the day it's getting tough. I just finished school and I'm home for the holidays with nothing to do. If the parcel status is actually updating then preorders in the USA may not be rolling out until next week.

@Inqualls, good to see you here my friend, congratulations for pass the School Stage and bosses, as Always I have the same feeling of the gameplay as you!
    I really hope play this on this month
    Just waiting to punch some punks!

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

I'd also like to know this as the track that plays at 0:45 on the sampler is what I envisioned for stage 1.
    Indeed, I figured it'd be used for the first or second stage to start things off, then calm down throughout the
    middle stages and gradually intensify for the final stage or two.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

I'd also like to know this as the track that plays at 0:45 on the sampler is what I envisioned for stage 1.
    That would have been nice, but it's also quite similar to the SoR 2 stage 1 music, in my opinion. Maybe Fonzie avoided using it for stage 1 for that reason.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

To be honest, the more I see of the game, the better it looks. But I'll never pay 130$ for this game.

IMO, they should've released a trailer now instead, and pushed for another 6 months of testing, tweaking and bug fixing (this place would have a meltdown, but it would've been worth it).
    The fact that the game barely runs on consoles is a travesty.
    There's a ton of improvements to be made on animation and sprites (but perhaps extra time won't solve that because the artists left years ago?).
    There's clearly some coding improvements to be done as well (AI, collision, hitboxes, vehicles/rides, boss fights etc.)

I hope there'll be another revision eventually. This has too much potential to just be left like it is, and it's sad in a way that it got released now, in a "good but not great"-state.
    But hey, that port on top of the cart might be used for patching... I hope...

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benkei789 View Post
    There's a ton of improvements to be made on animation and sprites (but perhaps extra time won't solve that because the artists left years ago?).
    Luis is the main artist, and he's still around (he even posted in this thread, but only to rage against Barone).
    To improve the animation, I doubt it'd be possible to add extra frames as I guess the tile limit has already been reached, so existing frames would need to be replaced. It's extremely unlikely that they'd bother doing something like that, because it'd be a lot of work. General gameplay fixes and improvements sound more realistic. This reminds me, I wish Bitmap Bureau would release a minor revision to Xeno Crisis, because I got into quite a few bugs in all of my playthroughs.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Vetea's Avatar

Good vibes here !!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert zborgerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Haha, you guys... Videos are more than enough for that, really. The "but yOU HAVEN'T evEN playED It!!" argument is bullshit.

When you see a video with enemies standing next to a wall doing nothing, or attacking in the wrong direction, you don't need to play the game to know it's wrong.
    When you see a video with a character who hits another one while being over 10px away from each other, you can tell it's wrong without playing the game.

Yeah, I definitely can't do an indepth review of the game without having played it, but I can detect obvious flaws from simply watching videos.
    Check out this video of a super deformed fighter with bobble heads made in MS Paint, It also has AI that attacks in the wrong direction (see 15s) even on hardware from 2020. Also, enemies at 40s standing next to a wall and doing nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56SbqeCnuco

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert zborgerd's Avatar

Nothing to worry about. The game runs normally at 240p and the Framemeister has zero issues with it. Looks like some people's capture devices are incorrectly detecting 240p as 480i, what else is new?

Having said that, this is the kind of technical detail that would've been very nice to know ahead of time, if a certain developer had been generous enough to share it with the community. Now you get all this confusion for no good reason at all.

First impressions are pretty good. I played a little bit of the first stage in Arcade mode and it looks and sounds pretty dope. Yeah the animations aren't as smooth as you'd like but the game plays well and the visual design makes up for a lot. The music is also unlike anything I've ever heard coming out of the Mega Drive. Looking forward to play some more. I'll likely be streaming an hour or so of Original mode on Twitch later today.
    Thank you for confirming. It's what I suspected as well based upon my experiences with how modern hardware handles 240p erroneously.

Thread Information