Quantcast

Page 937 of 937 FirstFirst ... 437837887927933934935936937
Results 14,041 to 14,047 of 14047

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Kamon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nafcom View Post
    From what I read online, people expect it to be able to update it with further content aka DLCs. Then some others said they would hate that if DLCs were possible as it would too much remind them of modern games.

I seriously hope myself, servicing the cart for a fix for the compatibility issues, doesn't mean unsoldering and resolder ICs myself, I have 2 left hands, I would have to pay somebody doing that for me.

Also many said in this thread earlier if that is the case live with it, as sending to WMG for servicing is too risky as well.
    If I had to speculate on what this thing is, I'd look at what was available for online console gaming pre 6th gen consoles. Online co-op feels like a no brainer, online leaderboards too. As for dlc, I don't think he would ever dare do that, you can't fault him for trying to make the game an authentic mega drive game and he'd never stomach microtransactions in one. What does feel possible is unlocking content that is already on the cart by connecting it online, similar to what Sega were doing during the Dreamcast era. The big one people want to know is whether it can be updated via the mega wire. I honestly doubt it, fonzie seems to be uncertain himself if that's possible in that interview that was linked above. Frankly if it could be done I'd be terrified doing it, nobody wants a bricked cart right now.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner promking's Avatar

Do any of you guys buy homebrew games for other systems?
    Example NGdev... For Neo Geo... I'm on 4+ years waiting for that game as well.
    What's worse? Constant updates about nothing? Constant blaming of others? Or no updates?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by Kamon View Post
    If I had to speculate on what this thing is, I'd look at what was available for online console gaming pre 6th gen consoles. Online co-op feels like a no brainer, online leaderboards too. As for dlc, I don't think he would ever dare do that, you can't fault him for trying to make the game an authentic mega drive game and he'd never stomach microtransactions in one. What does feel possible is unlocking content that is already on the cart by connecting it online, similar to what Sega were doing during the Dreamcast era. The big one people want to know is whether it can be updated via the mega wire. I honestly doubt it, fonzie seems to be uncertain himself if that's possible in that interview that was linked above. Frankly if it could be done I'd be terrified doing it, nobody wants a bricked cart right now.
    well, I see your point regarding firmware updates, however it largely depends on how it is implemented. I had a HP notebook where the bios update failed, but it would do a bunch of verified before writing overwriting it. in the end I only got a warning next bootup that bios flashing failed, but theoratically i could have tried it endlessly.

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by promking View Post
    Do any of you guys buy homebrew games for other systems?
    Example NGdev... For Neo Geo... I'm on 4+ years waiting for that game as well.
    What's worse? Constant updates about nothing? Constant blaming of others? Or no updates?
    Pre-crash "homebrew" is thriving. Cote Games is a French developer and publisher who make over the top box sets with all kinds of extras to accompany their impressive Intellivision games.

Their communication is second to none, they are quick to ship, they are also a part of the community and are enthusiastic about what Watermelon would call "competitors'" releases.

Pretty much all of the good and the polar opposite of all of the bad from Watermelon/Paprium.

Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post

Their communication is second to none, they are quick to ship, they are also a part of the community and are enthusiastic about what Watermelon would call "competitors'" releases.

Pretty much all of the good and the polar opposite of all of the bad from Watermelon/Paprium.
    Well, Watermelon used to have a community around them and their own message board, in the above linked interview it was said, that it is because of how the internet turned and how much people started spamming and so on, but I think it is probably just a matter of better moderation really.

Next to your good example, you have studios like
    LUEGOLU3GO STUDIOS that I pledged for their game Nogalious and then suddenly no communication whatsoever for a year. they froze the project for a year without telling anybody really. and now we wait for an update where this was announced since September.

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nafcom View Post
    Well, Watermelon used to have a community around them and their own message board, in the above linked interview it was said, that it is because of how the internet turned and how much people started spamming and so on, but I think it is probably just a matter of better moderation really.

Next to your good example, you have studios like
    LUEGOLU3GO STUDIOS that I pledged for their game Nogalious and then suddenly no communication whatsoever for a year. they froze the project for a year without telling anybody really. and now we wait for an update where this was announced since September.
    There are some groups that sketchy, but projects like Paprium was all red flags from the moment the Magical Gem system was announced.

During the development and rolling pre-sales of Paprium, hundreds of games were and published by groups like Collectorvision, OPCode, Team Pixelboy, Atariage, Good Deal Games, 2600connection, PenguiNet, IntelligentVision, Intellivision Revolution, Elektronite, BBWW, Kai Magazine and Blue Sky Rangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    but projects like Paprium was all red flags from the moment the Magical Gem system was announced..
    Why so? I thought it all went down when they got troublws with PayPal for the first time. I wasn't around and didn't know Watermelon when that was announced, I only heard about it and preordered it April 2017

Thread Information