Quantcast

Page 897 of 938 FirstFirst ... 397797847887893894895896897898899900901907 ... LastLast
Results 13,441 to 13,455 of 14056

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inqualls View Post
    I know it's finished but when I played it, it definitely didn't feel that way. All of the untapped potential that could be. Balancing damage values, adding a few more animations to characters, and smartening up the AI would make all the difference.
    This is true. Even when I achieved the Good ending yesterday, I was left thinking how is this 'better' than any of the other endings? It feels like there was supposed to be more to it, but that the game was rushed to completion. Which is probably exactly what happened.

Edit: I just put up a video showing the Shot-A-Tron bonus game from when Loempiavreter and I stumbled upon it last Monday. As mentioned before we didn't really understand how to play it until the time was almost up, so it's not a very good demonstration but it does give an impression of what the mini-game is like:

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

The missing sprites is what hurts the game the most imo, yeah the gameplay is empty but I can even overlook that a bit.
    but missing sprites? resulting in yanky as fuck looking gameplay. throw an enemy? pffff i'll just put this one flexing sprite in there. t-that looks like he's throwing right? nobody needs three sprites for that.
    throwing a weapon? pfff lets just use that weird looking sprite with the arm down. t-thats good enough right. okay now jumpkick left and right for an hour and maybe you'll throne someone so you can unlock
    a new stage where you can walk around all yanky again as you pretend to not notice the enormous sprite flickering.

I guess I'm still at the depression stage.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ksoft View Post
    Hey everyone, I've been working to consolidate all the information about the game's secrets and unlockables since a lot of it is spread across this thread as well as Twitter. I set up a page on my website, and eventually I'll turn it into a full walkthrough instead of just an info dump. There are still a few things I need to clarify in it (for instance. I haven't played all the arcade routes to verify the level orders), and I'm sure that there will be more discoveries going forward (like those last 11 music tracks, wtf?). Get in touch with me if you find anything new, or if I made a mistake. I'll keep trawling this thread for news.

Paprium: The Unofficial, Incomplete Guide
    this is pretty cool : )

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher tokay's Avatar

Has anybody found where and when to use Konami code?

(@Mr. Ksoft: enemies do not display hearts, but sort of /!\ signs when they taunt you)

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    Has anybody found where and when to use Konami code?

(@Mr. Ksoft: enemies do not display hearts, but sort of /!\ signs when they taunt you)
    They show hearts as well, as seen here:

As someone suggested it seems to happen only when you're playing with a female character.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker inqualls's Avatar

After reading through the whole manual, I'm feeling optimistic about the MegaWire and it's patching capabilities. Unfortunately, there is a catch to this. Everyone will have to pay for and wait on the distribution of the adapter (not included) if they want continued support for the game. So future improvements are still a possibility.

So future improvements are still a possibility.
    Unless Fonzie is super dedicated to the Sega retro experience, and he developed the cartridge with expansion possibilities that ultimately will never see any actual use!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Unless Fonzie is super dedicated to the Sega retro experience, and he developed the cartridge with expansion possibilities that ultimately will never see any actual use!
    He even went the extra mile by replicating the Sega's infighting at WaterMelon. Such dedication.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Trve '90s experience!

Master of Shinobi

still waiting for WM's 128 bit add-on, though.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker inqualls's Avatar

Who am I kidding here? WM is down to one man who is still trying to do everything on his own terms. This "???" mystery project literally has no team to actually put it together. As for Paprium, everyone who was involved in it's creation have since moved on. There will never be a true sequel from the WM we once held in high esteem and there will be no future updates for Paprium either.

@NeoVamp: Well, I think I just made it to the fifth and final stage [Acceptance].

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Mine arrived yesterday after possibly my worst shift ever, so it was quite a nice surprise. The grand stick is, well, grand! But that leather thong, yikes. I just have this image of Fonzie wearing only those, a fag dangling nonchalantly from his bottom lip casually and smugly packing each box up, knowing everyone hates him but loving the whole experience.

I wish I hadn't mind!

Here's a question: Given that all ROMs get dumped some time, how likely is it that this would be playable with an FPGA device in the future? Also, think of the improvement hacks that could be made.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Kamon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday after possibly my worst shift ever, so it was quite a nice surprise. The grand stick is, well, grand! But that leather thong, yikes. I just have this image of Fonzie wearing only those, a fag dangling nonchalantly from his bottom lip casually and smugly packing each box up, knowing everyone hates him but loving the whole experience.

I wish I hadn't mind!

Here's a question: Given that all ROMs get dumped some time, how likely is it that this would be playable with an FPGA device in the future? Also, think of the improvement hacks that could be made.
    Hey man, please post what country you live in, where it was sent from and when. If copies are moving again its good for the people who didn't receive theirs to know.

@NeoVamp: Well, I think I just made it to the fifth and final stage [Acceptance].

We'll be alright friendo, we still have Big Evil Corp and Bitmap Bureau, and Piko will release Zero Tolerance 2 eventually.
    we can overcome Fonzie's mind games, we can.. and we will!

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher tokay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    They show hearts as well, as seen here:

As someone suggested it seems to happen only when you're playing with a female character.
    Sorry, my bad! :-o
    This game sure is full of surprises!

Thread Information