Quantcast

Page 288 of 967 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388788 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 14503

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

I am still hoping Kotaku will write an article or polygon, IGN japan did and IGN brazil.

The trailer has 83k+ view's but i wonder how many of those translate to sale's, hopefully enough to keep Watermelon going for a long time.

RetroRGB's episode of round up this week, mentioned Paprium. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_LSvNQeloc
    Last edited by zredgemz; 03-29-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Send the info to Nintendo Age and offer numbered LE version, it will sell out.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

My orders read 40,000 and some change. Is it safe to assume that Watermelon has sold, at least, 40,000+ items?

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
    Send the info to Nintendo Age and offer numbered LE version, it will sell out.
    Haha, yeah i made a thread on the homebrew page. It is not a nes homebrew, so i do not expect it to do so well there.
    I still love those guy's.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    My orders read 40,000 and some change. Is it safe to assume that Watermelon has sold, at least, 40,000+ items?
    I wish but i would guess the number use on the site is not a start from one on each title system, if it was Fonzie would have a healthy future for watermelon.
    Last edited by zredgemz; 03-29-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Watermelon has a horrible web page. I still do not understand the Gems. I asked how to convert them and someone here posted a link, but that link did not represent what's ACTUALLY on the site. I invested in the game but does that mean I have to pay the difference? Nothing has been explained by Watermelon. Do I get a clamshell or a paper case?

I ask again... how do I convert the gems? Please do not link this page as that is not what the site is like for me. Also, it says I am invested in Paprium. Maybe it's already auto-converted?

It looks like you went to the wrong site and should have just gone to paprium.com and bought the game directly instead of the Gems, but they shouldn't have made it so easy to accidentally do that. I agree the pages are incredibly confusing and information is scattered all over them - the LE purchase description describes the Limited edition's cardboard box as a "clamshell", it's only at the very bottom of the paprium.com page it explains that one is cardboard, the other is plastic. I don't know anyone who would describe a cardboard box that opens as a clamshell! Still waiting for support to reply to get my order changed to the classic edition with the plastic clamshell and get my $20 back, no doubt they're swamped right now.

The manga is gone so atleast1989 copies were sold. The first 1988 non investor people to buy got a Manga with their purchase, all investor's get a copy.

How do you know if you got a manga? Does it tell you?
    *Edit

It will say in your order history. If you got it, it will show with your pre-order.
    Last edited by SEGA-Jorge; 03-29-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Thumbs down

I would like to complain for 50 pages about the game not getting finished. It's already been at least two weeks since the announcement of the start of the game's development and the long period of waiting without updates is absolutely unacceptable. The least thing they could do is to sit down with me, hold my hand and read me daily updates on their progress when I'm going to bed. Not a investor but like I said this totally unprofessional behavior from their side.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Quote Originally Posted by retrospiel View Post
    I would like to complain for 50 pages about the game not getting finished. It's already been at least two weeks since the announcement of the start of the game's development and the long period of waiting without updates is absolutely unacceptable. The least thing they could do is to sit down with me, hold my hand and read me daily updates on their progress when I'm going to bed. Not a investor but like I said this totally unprofessional behavior from their side.

If you didn't give them money and wait for several month-long dry spells, miscommunication, and terrible PR that drew itself out over 4 years and culminated in a 2 minute video and a price, you have no right to complain, voice your opinion, or otherwise open your mouth for anything other then mouth-breathing.

Holy smokes, I can't believe it's still another 6 months till we get to play this... Well, at least it's an actual thing now.

What?

Edit: Haha okay i get it now.
    Last edited by zredgemz; 03-29-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Just had to vent. - I'm glad to finally see this project advancing. Reading pages and pages of people complaining about their not-invested money being wasted wasn't fun.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Hero of Algol

Just had to vent. - I'm glad to finally see this project advancing. Reading pages and pages of people complaining about their not-invested money being wasted wasn't fun.
    You're not forced to read anything. Just saying.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Lol

Doesn't matter whether people were invested or not. It was a conversation about transparency throughout crowd funded projects. The people that HAD invested were, for some reason or another, fine with the borderline terrible way WM handled the development of the game.

Also, at this point, the point is neither here nor there. I didn't invest in the game because I disagree with the way WM treats their investors, but I DID do exactly what I said I would. The moment they showed concrete evidence of product, I pre-ordered then immediately forked over my money. I voted with my dollar.

That being said, people SHOULD talk about stuff like this. Like I've said time and again. Retro Gamers are a viable source of income. We should expect some level of transparency in the event we fund a project throughout development. It's simply a better way to do business.

Granted, you're free to your own opinion, but if a company wants to endear themselves to investors, a bit of communication and transparency goes a long, long way.

If you don't mind me asking, as an investor, how much were you in for?

Thread Information