Quantcast

Page 525 of 950 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575625 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 14245

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

This isn't really neither here nor there, but the RPG I was working on gives the player
    a small opportunity to skip a random battle by pressing a button just before an evil, rushing
    square with a sinister face touches you. I figured if you possess the reaction speed of a
    normal human being, you can avoid unnecessary battles if you're paying attention.

Thanks for the info, DrLighht!

CrossBow

I do own the very first print run of Pier Solar for the MD/Genesis but have never gotten the CD audio to work without skipping horribly.
    The way I worked around that issue was burning a CD of the Redbook audio. My official CD is nothing more than a pretty doodad. I have the first print run as well.
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

Wildside Expert

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinkiller24 View Post
    Oh my :/ well someone's given Fonz an excuse to put the game back 6 months! He'll claim he needed that domain for hosting lol
    Last edited by matteus; 11-06-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    as for the party, it was just ANOTHER event (like the trailer etc) in order to keep up the hype and maybe preordering. Whether this is actually backfiring or not should be evaluated having the real numbers in consideration, maybe all those events do boost preorders in France? When talking about such a small market (what are they aiming at? 5 to 8.000 copies worldwide?), you have to see way past english forums like this one
    People here keep checking out French forums, and some of us are French, so it's not like we're in our own bubble here. The party was at the image of the development of the game itself: confusing, disappointing and frustrating. Not only did it not meet anyone's expectations, but it also wasn't followed by any clear and satisfactory communication to make up for it. It's true that we don't have any preorder numbers, but you've got to have a great imagination to think this event generated more preorders than refund requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    I think nowadays Matt Phillips (Tanglewood) and the guys behind Xeno Crisis have a lot more knowledge and matured skills than him. Also 'cause they are professionals.
    Definitely!

I'd put my money on Vetea and Sik over him as well, since they can, for the most part, do a whole small game alone, unlike him.
    Totally agree and both have shown this multiple times. I wish I could do my own graphics 😁

Guys like Chilly Willy, Stef and Mask of Destiny are living MD oracles in my book and far more relevant than him IMO.
    I'd add Sik to that list although he's so modest he'd reject it I try not to pedastal people but there isn't a day I don't learn something new from one of this lot regarding the MD, MCD, 32x from a development perspective. For example last week I learnt all about how the MCD memory and ASIC works. Very grateful to have people so patient and willing to explain things to me!
    Last edited by matteus; 11-06-2018 at 04:08 AM.

I know this is a pretty minor thing with all the things going on, but it’s bothered me for a while and the stuff shown at the “release party” reminded me of it again.
    I wish he would make plastic clamshell cases for paprium. It's really odd to me, that the first printings of paprium and pier solar are cardboard cases, and pier solar even glued the manual to the cardboard case. Then the pier solar reprint get a nice plastic clamshell case. Before I sold pier solar a few months ago, I would always keep it in that original plastic shipping case so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Plastic clamshell cases are easier to maintain/clean. If the paper cover does get damaged, you can always reprint it, but if the cardboard case gets messed up, there is a lot less you can do.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Oh my :/ well someone's given Fonz an excuse to put the game back 6 months! He'll claim he needed that domain for hosting lol
    Wouldn't be amazing if this and/or paprium fiasco website were made by an ex contributor to WM

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smurdd View Post
    clamshell case
    Yeah. I am not a fan of the cardboard box look either. As far as i know, before the paypal drama, customers were able to order the standard edition in a traditional clamshell box from the WM store.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

By the way, I like Murdock's design. He looks like the final boss to me. His sprite looks a lot like Rugal's, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinkiller24 View Post
    Wouldn't be amazing if this and/or paprium fiasco website were made by an ex contributor to WM
    Are you implying it's me? 😂

I'm bonkers but generally not bonkers enough to speak to myself I've spoken to them a few times but have never fathomed out who they are! English isn't their first Language is my general impression so far!

conversation.jpg
    Last edited by matteus; 11-06-2018 at 08:28 AM. Reason: screen capture from twitter

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    By the way, I like Murdock's design. He looks like the final boss to me. His sprite looks a lot like Rugal's, doesn't it?
    As I checked the game's frames way back in 2015, I also thought the pose of the character reminded me of the kof final boss. Or we can say it could be considered as a tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm View Post
    As I checked the game's frames way back in 2015, I also thought the pose of the character reminded me of the kof final boss. Or we can say it could be considered as a tribute.
    That's a pretty big similarity!

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    That's a pretty big similarity!
    Did they ever take out that traced SOR2 Shiva kick?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Did they ever take out that traced SOR2 Shiva kick?
    Yup there's details about it in the investor booklet

Thread Information