Quantcast

Page 902 of 950 FirstFirst ... 402802852892898899900901902903904905906912 ... LastLast
Results 13,516 to 13,530 of 14245

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

  1. #13516
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pain for Fun View Post
    I wonder how many people have already reported the copyright trademark infringement to SEGA about Paprium using an exact copy of a Streets of Rage character & also the Golden Axe III character that WaterMelon Games used without permission.
    Could you please give us a link on where to do this?

    I've really been back and forth on this situation in my mind, but I'm really just as disappointed in Fonzie now as I was half a year ago. I think some of you people are just way too comforting and think like it's all OK now just because YOU recieved a game you payed for.
    Having delivered a fourth, half, or even 90% of the copies does NOT make up for any of the bad thing's he's done. The fact that YOU like the game does not justify anything either.
    Fonzie is and will be a criminal deserving of jail until he delivers all the preorders people payed for THREE! years ago, pays back all the refunds people requested years ago and of course pays his team members what they were promised for their work. In my mind, he has a lot left to prove. He's a scumbag and the fact that he even put numerous pieces of copyrighted material in his product just shows how delusional this guy really is.
    Last edited by Benkei789; 01-25-2021 at 02:33 PM.

  2. #13517
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I remember reading Fonzie met Sega to present Paprium and wanted it to be the forst sega published game since the 90ís, maybe Sega accepted he used SOR and GA3 sprites as an hommage to the beat em up.

  3. #13518
    The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,515
    Rep Power
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    maybe Sega accepted
    Not how Sega does business, if they had made a deal it would have been all over the box and Fonzie would have bragged about it like crazy.

  4. #13519
    Wildside Expert deadpixels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Age
    38
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I get that people are eager to rake Fonzie over the coals over this copyright infringement stuff, I really do. If there's anyone who deserves to be held accountable for their abject awfulness, it's him. But let's slow down a bit. Can we at least try to wait until the people who've yet to receive their stuff actually get their games before we get a cease & desist served, which would definitely keep those folks - myself included - from getting the items they paid for?

    Vindication is sweet and all, but let's not screw over the rest of the community just for the sake of throwing that mustachioed muppet under the bus.

  5. #13520

    Default

    Still waiting for my copy as well. It's been in "packing..." since mid December. I really doubt I'll get it at this point.

  6. #13521
    Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sandy Let Go My Eggo, CA
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Ok, so let me get this straight, not only am I paying for an over-priced mediocre game with 7 years of baggage/drama, but also for pirated content?


  7. #13522
    WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada, Montreal
    Posts
    446
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benkei789 View Post
    deserving of jail until he delivers all the preorders people payed for THREE! years ago, pays back all the refunds people requested years ago and of course pays his team members what they were promised for their work
    Not to defend anyone because its all still undergoing, But It was clearly stated that " he does want and will refund those who asked for it" " Shipping will resume after the Jan 25th according to his last email, shipping has also been late due to Covid and postal offices. I personally am still awaiting my own copy and am from Canada. And it seems hes repaying back team members.

    Attachment 15855

  8. #13523
    WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada, Montreal
    Posts
    446
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixels View Post
    I get that people are eager to rake Fonzie over the coals over this copyright infringement stuff, I really do. If there's anyone who deserves to be held accountable for their abject awfulness, it's him. But let's slow down a bit. Can we at least try to wait until the people who've yet to receive their stuff actually get their games before we get a cease & desist served, which would definitely keep those folks - myself included - from getting the items they paid for?

    Vindication is sweet and all, but let's not screw over the rest of the community just for the sake of throwing that mustachioed muppet under the bus.
    Good point !

  9. #13524
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    Paprium is being sold as a commercial product, so the fact that it's targeted at a niche audience doesn't really matter. Plenty of free fan-made tribute projects are being shut down with cease & desists, because companies simply cannot allow people to just run away with their intellectual properties. Nintendo especially can be very harsh in that respect and I'm 100% sure they would have acted already if Paprium had copied any of their assets. I'm not sure how strict Sega is compared to that, but I can't imagine they'll simply let this one go.

    I also confirmed the existence of the Golden Axe III tribute area. Once you see the pattern it wasn't hard to guess where it would be hidden: in the Deep Storage stage. Yeah this is quite damning:

    Considering that Sega sent a C&D re: Streets of Rage Remake they appear to be pretty strict about this stuff, and SoRR was a freeware title. Hey, wasn't SoRR also in development for about 8 years before it got shut down? Didn't they also claim to have been in contact with Sega?

    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixels View Post
    I get that people are eager to rake Fonzie over the coals over this copyright infringement stuff, I really do. If there's anyone who deserves to be held accountable for their abject awfulness, it's him. But let's slow down a bit. Can we at least try to wait until the people who've yet to receive their stuff actually get their games before we get a cease & desist served, which would definitely keep those folks - myself included - from getting the items they paid for?

    Vindication is sweet and all, but let's not screw over the rest of the community just for the sake of throwing that mustachioed muppet under the bus.
    If a C&D does get served the only one to blame will be Fonzie himself. The videos are all over the Internet, are people expected to hide that part of the game to help cover up the infringement?

  10. #13525
    Wildside Expert deadpixels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Age
    38
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    Not to defend anyone because its all still undergoing, But It was clearly stated that " he does want and will refund those who asked for it" " Shipping will resume after the Jan 25th according to his last email, shipping has also been late due to Covid and postal offices. I personally am still awaiting my own copy and am from Canada. And it seems hes repaying back team members.

    Attachment 15855
    I got the same email. I didn't at all take it that he meant shipping would resume in 15 days, but rather customer service, which was the topic of the message itself.

  11. #13526
    Wildside Expert deadpixels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Age
    38
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Considering that Sega sent a C&D re: Streets of Rage Remake they appear to be pretty strict about this stuff, and SoRR was a freeware title. Hey, wasn't SoRR also in development for about 8 years before it got shut down? Didn't they also claim to have been in contact with Sega?



    If a C&D does get served the only one to blame will be Fonzie himself. The videos are all over the Internet, are people expected to hide that part of the game to help cover up the infringement?
    I think there's a pretty clear difference between posting your gameplay footage on YouTube and actively approaching Sega to inform them about the issue in hopes they take action against Fonzie. Again, lots of people here still haven't gotten their games. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Fonzie would simply remove those portions of the game and send his customers fixed copies. If he gets C&D'ed, a great many people will be left without their games over nothing but spite.

    I totally understand people's bitterness with Fonzie. As a businessman, I detest him. But I would like to think that most of us here value the community enough not to torpedo each other's chances of getting their hands on a game they've been waiting years for.
    Last edited by deadpixels; 01-25-2021 at 04:35 PM.

  12. #13527
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    www.zabuyaki.com
    Posts
    653
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Didn't they also claim to have been in contact with Sega?
    They were. I was part of the team. It's frustrating and unlucky that it didn't work out.

  13. #13528
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixels View Post
    I think there's a pretty clear difference between posting your gameplay footage on YouTube and actively approaching Sega to inform them about the issue in hopes they take action against Fonzie. Again, lots of people here still haven't gotten their games. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Fonzie would simply remove those portions of the game and send his customers fixed copies. If he gets C&D'ed, a great many people will be left without their games over nothing but spite.

    I totally understand people's bitterness with Fonzie. As a businessman, I detest him. But I would like to think that most of us here value the community enough not to torpedo each other's chances of getting their hands on a game they've been waiting years for.
    I want people to get their games too. But it is unrealistic to expect the entire Internet to stay quiet. Even someone who's never heard of Fonzie could easily tag Sega in a Tweet and ask why Galsia is in a new game.

    You know what would have been cool? What if Paprium had been designed as a lock-on cart, so if you connect SoR you get SoR enemies, if you connect SoR2 you get those characters, etc. I have no idea if that would hold up in court but it seems more legally defensible than outright copying.

  14. #13529
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    They were. I was part of the team. It's frustrating and unlucky that it didn't work out.
    Oh, man. I'm so sorry to hear that. I understand Sega's POV but I wish they could have embraced it and made it an official title.

  15. #13530
    Sports Talker Mathius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Shipping check. Has anyone had any blips on their radar concerning shipping out the remainder of the pre-orders?
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •