Quantcast

Page 835 of 951 FirstFirst ... 335735785825831832833834835836837838839845885935 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,525 of 14265

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Barman View Post
    Hi, does it have an "R" for "registered" on the right of the Sega Logo, on the front of the console?
    I received my Japanese and Euro investor editions, but my MegaDrive (a Japanese model 1 with High definition graphics" and no R on the the Sega Logo) is at my parent's house. I think it's a VA5, and I sure hope it plays the game.
    The serial is something like G21XXXXXX
    No, no R, just the Sega Logo.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Thanks a lot for confirming that plugging a 32X also fixes the copyright screen freeze issue.

Connect a pin to the negative side of a capacitor to ground it. With alligator clips it will only be feasible in MD1 where you have non SMD electronics all around.
    Be careful, avoid having the alligator clip touching the positive side of the capacitor.

For non-soldered attempts, I'd rather use a thin wire with one end manually put around the negative leg of a capacitor and the other end attached to a pin with insulation tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman View Post
    Excellent, thanks. I will try that if I run into problems launching the game.
    That's a bit hard core
    I would wait a bit if some MD experts have some safer way.

Wildside Expert

I would try it without soldering at first, of course, to see if that works. It's pretty fool proof.
    Shinobi - the name means stealth.

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Vludi View Post
    I think it looks fine, just not as stylish as the others.

? I don't find Punisher particularly more complex than Cadillacs, there are a few more moves in Punisher but nothing too crazy. I like it but it's a bit on the easy side compared to other Capcom beat 'em ups due to the 'nades feature, also too much walls and gunning that kinda trivialize crowd control.
    Compared to cadillacs, there are various moves:

I cadillac you have:

*The normal combo
    *When you grab an enemy you have two hits and a throw
    *jump kick
    *Diagonal kick from the air.
    *Special of the character.
    *You can run (i remark this because in some beat em ups, you cant run)
    *Running attack (run and press attack button)

In the punisher you have:

*Normal combo of the character (4 hits)
    *Combo if you keep pressing foward that send the enemy very far and hits other enemies (3 hits)
    *When you grab an enemy you have two hits and a throw
    *While grabbing the enemy, you can jump to throw the enemy from the air to hit the enemies above.
    *While grabbing the enemy, you can jump and press the attack "button + down" to fall upside down (if you press the two
    buttons in the highest position, it wil fall with more power saying "aaaaaah" )
    *You can grab enemies from the floor.
    *Jump Kick
    *You have a wall jump kick
    *If you press down-up + attack button, you will make a blue fire kick (only in japanese version)
    *You dont run in this game , but you can roll, and you can turn in any direction. Even a lateral roll to avoid attacks
    *After you roll, you can do a frontal kick pressing attack button.
    *if you roll, jump and press the attack button in the highest position, you will fall with a flame kick (only in japanese version)
    *Special of the character (if you roll before doing it, he will do a faster version of it)
    *Special of the character while grabbing the enemy.
    *You can throw a bomb from the air (and from the floor too)

In the punisher you can do a lot more things than in cadillacs, cadillacs feels pretty basic in that aspect.

Denjin makai 2 for me it feels like when someone makes an openbor beat em up with original characters and feels a little off and with a moveset of a character coming more from a versus fighting game than from a beat em up. Feels off for some reason, i dont know if its because of the the hitstun feel or the movements the characters have.
    Last edited by pepodmc; 12-24-2020 at 06:16 AM.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    No, no R, just the Sega Logo.
    Ah, shit, mine looks the same.
    Shinobi - the name means stealth.

Any of you who are having issues should try one of these-

s-l400.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-Se...72.m2749.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by pepodmc View Post
    In the punisher you can do a lot more things than in cadillacs, cadillacs feels pretty basic in that aspect.

Denjin makai 2 for me it feels like when someone makes an openbor beat em up with original characters and feels a little off and with a moveset of a character coming more from a versus fighting game than from a beat em up. Feels off for some reason.
    Forgot wall jump and d+u attack in cadillacs. Either way the question is, are all of those moves essential stuff or just extras that don't add much to the core combat? Both Punisher and Cadillacs are still pretty Final Fight family to me just with some tweaks. In some cases adding extra moves actually result in worse balance, for Cadillacs the best example is Mustapha's running attack which is overpowered for crowd control and bosses, for Punisher it's probably the fire jump kick. Overall I think level/enemy design is just as impotant (if not more important) as moveset, Punisher has overpowered characters with a bunch of A button actions, a lot of gunning sections, many walls to corner enemies etc. It ends up being a bit too mashy/spammy for me, doesn't feel as strategic nor challenging as something like Final Fight (especially as Haggar), despite having more moves.
    And now that you mention Guardians, yeah that game has some issues, many characters and a big moveset but overall it's not very well balanced/designed, and most bosses kinda suck with all that super armor, I still like it though, there is lots of creative stuff in the game.
    Last edited by Vludi; 12-24-2020 at 06:48 AM.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by pepodmc View Post
    *While grabbing the enemy, you can jump and press the attack "button + down" to fall upside down (if you press the two
    buttons in the highest position, it wil fall with more power saying "aaaaaah" )
    I always thought it was delaying as much as possible before the jump,d+A...
    *You can throw a bomb from the air (and from the floor too)
    A+B with no life will throw a grenade (if stock available) that'll hit full screen.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NinMicroSega View Post
    Any of you who are having issues should try one of these-

s-l400.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-Se...72.m2749.l2649
    Intrigued to know if this resolves the problem because if it does then that's Fonz next job! Get factories churning out these.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    I hadn't really tried playing in 50 Hz mode yet but I just did, and I was able to get past the third stage in Arcade mode without any problems. So it's definitely not a 100% repro in 50 Hz mode, but you may be on to something.

I kinda wish I could visit loempiavreter one of these days, because with our combined Mega Drives and copies of the game, we could gather a lot of information and eliminate a lot of possible causes I think.
    Thanks for sharing this info.

So far we have more data related to European gamers since only very recently the US ones began to receive their copies.
    IF people with similar/equivalent Genesis model to that of loempiavreter's Mega Drive report similar random crash issues, then we would be able to discard the 50Hz hypothesis. In that case, we could still try to get paranoid about some possible signal interference caused by their RF modules; and, then again, we shouldn't see any Japanese models with the same symptoms.

It's all very esoteric guesswork but maybe better than just give up trying to understand what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Intrigued to know if this resolves the problem because if it does then that's Fonz next job! Get factories churning out these.
    Issue is you would need different dongles for MD1 and MD2.
    Last edited by Barone; 12-24-2020 at 07:14 AM.

Issue is you would need different dongles for MD1 and MD2.
    I'm not sure space would permit it but would something shaped like the red plastic sleeve with the right pins covered and some sort of clip do the job? Then the standard cover could go over the top?

Hero of Algol

I'm not sure space would permit it but would something shaped like the red plastic sleeve with the right pins covered and some sort of clip do the job? Then the standard cover could go over the top?
    Well, if that's enough to fix it, then just cover both sides of the expansion slot with insulation tape.

And, yes, whatever hacky dirty inexpensive immediate solution we can find would make me very happy.

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Vludi View Post
    Forgot wall jump and d+u attack in cadillacs. Either way the question is, are all of those moves essential stuff or just extras that don't add much to the core combat?
    And now that you mention Guardians, yeah that game has some issues, many characters and a big moveset but overall it's not very well balanced/designed, and most bosses kinda suck with all that super armor, I still like it though, there is lots of creative stuff in the game.

The core combat its the same in nearly all beat em ups, but with a bigger moveset you have more variety to adress different situations. Depends on the ability of the player if he/she can apply the tools available.
    The same happens for example with devil may cry. When i compare it with other hack & slash saying that is better because it has a depper combat than for example bayonetta, people make the same argument that you did.
    if well implemented, a bigger moveset will make the game more fun to play and an advantage when comparing with other game with less moves.

Super armor is the thing i hate the most in streets of rage 4. Its a very cheap way of hiding a very basic enemy behaviour (like barbon) and to make the game more difficult in an artificial way.
    Last edited by pepodmc; 12-24-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Well, if that's enough to fix it, then just cover both sides of the expansion slot with insulation tape.

And, yes, whatever hacky dirty inexpensive immediate solution we can find would make me very happy.
    They'll be a market for this. Quick let's get on the buzzer to the Chinese factories asap 😂

Hero of Algol

They'll be a market for this. Quick let's get on the buzzer to the Chinese factories asap 😂
    Nah, I would rather put my Paprium cartridge inside an aluminium foil Faraday cage and insulation tape the hell out of the expansion slot prior to recurring to any of that.
    "Alternate Engineering" FTW.

Thread Information