Quantcast

Page 943 of 951 FirstFirst ... 443843893933939940941942943944945946947 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,145 of 14265

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by GameUser-16-32-128 View Post
    (fighting locusts, not enough funds, missing chips, ???, ...).
    Epoxy glob ran out

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

The price of metals has increased this year. The cover might cost 20% more now, throwing a wrench into the carefully calculated Paprika budget.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    The price of metals has increased this year. The cover might cost 20% more now, throwing a wrench into the carefully calculated Paprika budget.
    I guess the only thing he can do is start ANOTHER project, and use the funds earned with that to finish the previous orders.
    And if he makes it a super duper exclusive game and charges like 300 bucks for it he could easily finish everything.
    Oh Fonz, you're a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    Negative. I've already waited over 9 years for this game and still nothing. I probably won't even receive it by the 10 year mark. Is it even worth playing? I've seen multiple comments on here that state one just has to jump kick to progress through the levels, which doesn't sound like too much fun.
    The game from what I've seen is about a 7 at best. It has multiple branching paths like Metal Slug 3 but yeah it's decent at best. I honestly passed on this since after Pier Solar I just sorta moved on. Honestly if you want a legit better game, I would say buy Streets of Rage 4 as they at least delivered a superior product.

Also I've been lax on reading this section since it's more or less been Baloo's baby so I've deferred to him when it comes to moderating this section of the forums. That said I've seen a lot of negative comments being directed at him and Melf so while I get people are rightly pissed about this game, it doesn't give people any excuse to attack the staff of the forums.

Keep in mind this is a privately owned forum and not Watermelon's personal website. As long as you guys keep that in mind, then I couldn't care less what is posted about Fonzie since he probably deserves all the shit that's being thrown at him.
    05/05/15

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    That said I've seen a lot of negative comments being directed at him and Melf so while I get people are rightly pissed about this game, it doesn't give people any excuse to attack the staff of the forums.
    They weren't blasting the staff because they were pissed about the game, they were blasting them for combining multiple useful Paprium threads into one impenetrable clusterfuck. While I'm sure frustration surrounding the game didn't help, they were largely pissed because discussions on crucial information such as which hardware variations could or couldn't run the game were swallowed up by a beast of a thread that's now nearing 1,000 pages in length with no apparent explanation.

I'm not going to comment on whether or not that dogpile of negative comments was warranted or acceptable, but the reasons for it were clearly stated numerous times by those involved.

Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Assman View Post
    They weren't blasting the staff because they were pissed about the game, they were blasting them for combining multiple useful Paprium threads into one impenetrable clusterfuck. While I'm sure frustration surrounding the game didn't help, they were largely pissed because discussions on crucial information such as which hardware variations could or couldn't run the game were swallowed up by a beast of a thread that's now nearing 1,000 pages in length with no apparent explanation.

I'm not going to comment on whether or not that dogpile of negative comments was warranted or acceptable, but the reasons for it were clearly stated numerous times by those involved.
    While I understand that people are pissed about this game & rightly so I would suggest it's better to catch flies with honey so to speak.

I'm sure if folks spoke to Baloo in a more respectful tone he would have been happy to do as some of the users asked. Attacking him for trying to keep the boards clean isn't the way to go about things. It'll just make him not want to listen to people "shouting" in his face. I'm sure you're of the same mindset that you don't want people jumping your ass on something that could be easily reversed so in turn please respect that being a mod on these forums is a very thankless job.

There's a lot of shit that goes on in the background a lot of you guys don't see so as mods we have to keep a watchful eye on crap like bots spamming the forums or users trying to abuse the boards among other things. If a mod does something you don't fully agree with then by all means talk to us like adults and don't throw a tantrum if someone just happens to fart in the room.

Our jobs are to keep the users here as happy as we can but that doesn't mean we aren't human so talk to us instead of bitching at us. We're more prone to listen to you that way.

I like to think we're a lot more patient then most forums I've visited over the years. If this were NG.com it probably would have ended badly for some users as people like rot and Evil Wasabi have 0 patience for people who want to poke the hornet's nest so to speak.
    05/05/15

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

new email from Fonzie Below don't know what to believe anymore companies make games like xeno crisis etc and tanglewood, yes there's sometimes delays! what is a half of this is true about PayPal it means PayPal thinks watermelon is a truly dodgy company. meanwhile if the game doesn't actually get a reprint eBay prices will continue to Soar!!! wait if you read it's only if PayPal releases his payments in August that's by no means a guarantee at all people could be waiting till 2022? anyone think it might be something to do with manufacturing delays and not PayPal?
    176875659_10162148831100898_2716906463558371816_n.jpg
    Last edited by Nano Babe; 04-21-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Sports Talker

While I understand that people are pissed about this game & rightly so I would suggest it's better to catch flies with honey so to speak.

I'm sure if folks spoke to Baloo in a more respectful tone he would have been happy to do as some of the users asked. Attacking him for trying to keep the boards clean isn't the way to go about things. It'll just make him not want to listen to people "shouting" in his face. I'm sure you're of the same mindset that you don't want people jumping your ass on something that could be easily reversed so in turn please respect that being a mod on these forums is a very thankless job.

There's a lot of shit that goes on in the background a lot of you guys don't see so as mods we have to keep a watchful eye on crap like bots spamming the forums or users trying to abuse the boards among other things. If a mod does something you don't fully agree with then by all means talk to us like adults and don't throw a tantrum if someone just happens to fart in the room.

Our jobs are to keep the users here as happy as we can but that doesn't mean we aren't human so talk to us instead of bitching at us. We're more prone to listen to you that way.

I like to think we're a lot more patient then most forums I've visited over the years. If this were NG.com it probably would have ended badly for some users as people like rot and Evil Wasabi have 0 patience for people who want to poke the hornet's nest so to speak.
    Here's the thing.... shit happens in pre-orders.... It's the risk EVERYONE takes when they "speculate". I had it with certain releases from the NG.Dev team...

But seeing as the members asked me nicely without bitchin' too much, I contacted Timmy direct and he resolved the issues upto a point....

I aint sayin' I am the perfect human being but I care about the scene

However, I am mod of an aggressive as fuck gaming site and some of our members don't play well with each other let alone the staff...

I do what I need to... and didn't get where I am now by placating the members....

xROTx

PS. As for my online rep... it's a well documented thing... I didn't earn it by just letting people walk over me...

Sega16 is another gaming site and I respect that... Also, I really never intend to step on anyones shoes... but sometimes... people tend to want to "mark their territory" like some feral cat....

I generally carry around a big water hose... for such situations...

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    PS. As for my online rep... it's a well documented thing... I didn't earn it by just letting people walk over me...

Sega16 is another gaming site and I respect that... Also, I really never intend to step on anyones shoes... but sometimes... people tend to want to "mark their territory" like some feral cat....

Having lurked on neo hyphen geo dot com for 20 years my understanding of your reputation is that you're best known for posting pictures of your private parts in threads that didn't really call for it. Kidding of course. You do a good job over there.

NG.DEV has had plenty of delays with their games but they always deliver and in the end the games are really good. Watermelon isn't in the same league. Look at the vague excuses about PayPal, why doesn't The Fonz just post exactly what PayPal sent him? It sounds to me like he's been using PayPal as a way to take money for pre-orders for a product that isn't ready to ship and that's why people are canceling and the money is frozen. Otherwise what's the explanation? He would have done a lot better by being honest instead of inventing these crazy stories about PayPal, Air France, the Chinese mafia etc.

Here's the thing.... shit happens in pre-orders.... It's the risk EVERYONE takes when they "speculate". I had it with certain releases from the NG.Dev team...

But seeing as the members asked me nicely without bitchin' too much, I contacted Timmy direct and he resolved the issues upto a point....

I aint sayin' I am the perfect human being but I care about the scene

However, I am mod of an aggressive as fuck gaming site and some of our members don't play well with each other let alone the staff...

I do what I need to... and didn't get where I am now by placating the members....

xROTx

Oh sh1t hey Rot. Big fan of yoru work on neo-geo.com. Too may wars over there so I had to pull out but you've always been fair and do care about the scene.

Also I just got this order. I have my game and love it. I am just waiting for my Grandstick.

Dear evilevoix,

Thank you again for your patience.

Unfortunately we got our PAYPAL USA account closed without any reason nor appeal possible. So the trolls and mediocres won, for now.
    IMPORTANT:
    We ask everyone to hold their orders as we are getting charged by PAYPAL each time someone cancels their orders.

Secondly, we should receive PAYPAL USA payments in August 2021. We decide to wait we have the funds on our bank account before shipping out any further games so we don't get trapped in the same situation from 2017 where we shipped all goods but never got paid.

We are currently answering our last tickets, it will take couple more days, we will put back our website online later with more announcements including a new strategy to continue selling our products.

- For people awaiting refund, extra patience will be required, we will ask one of our partners to help.
    - For people with returned, lost or broken parcels, we will get back to you asap.
    - For people awaiting for their games, keep faith, we always deliver.
    - For people awaiting to order, stay tuned, we wont give up and extra surprises ahead!

Thanks again for your support and patience.

Best Regards,

WATERMELON TEAM

xROTx

You made it on Tosh.O right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kFRiYFb6GI

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    Also I just got this order. I have my game and love it. I am just waiting for my Grandstick.

Dear evilevoix,

Unfortunately we got our PAYPAL USA account closed without any reason nor appeal possible. So the trolls and mediocres won, for now.
    IMPORTANT:
    We ask everyone to hold their orders as we are getting charged by PAYPAL each time someone cancels their orders.

Secondly, we should receive PAYPAL USA payments in August 2021. We decide to wait we have the funds on our bank account before shipping out any further games so we don't get trapped in the same situation from 2017 where we shipped all goods but never got paid.

We are currently answering our last tickets, it will take couple more days, we will put back our website online later with more announcements including a new strategy to continue selling our products.

- For people awaiting refund, extra patience will be required, we will ask one of our partners to help.
    - For people with returned, lost or broken parcels, we will get back to you asap.
    - For people awaiting to order, stay tuned, we wont give up and extra surprises ahead!

Best Regards,

WATERMELON TEAM
    I'm waiting on a December 2020 pre-order for the Grandstick and game. Didn't get one of these emails. Disappointing news for sure. A longer wait is still better than the crazy ebay prices. I hope WM gets something figured out.

If a mod does something you don't fully agree with then by all means talk to us like adults and don't throw a tantrum if someone just happens to fart in the room.
    What if the mod farts on purpose and its one of those wet, nasty, super stinky ones that just cut right through you? What then?

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post

Dear evilevoix,

IMPORTANT:

Best Regards,

WATERMELON TEAM
    I didn't get that email. My last 3 questions on the MGF website, from awhile ago, have not been answered. I'm just another Investor who has been pushed over to the corner, in the darkness, to be forgotten. Wait a second......I'm responding to a post about Paprium shipping issues.......in the wrong Paprium thread. OH NO! WHAT HAVE I DONE! I JUST MIGHT GET CASTRATED BY A MOD FOR THIS ONE!

Thread Information