Quantcast

Page 927 of 951 FirstFirst ... 427827877917923924925926927928929930931937 ... LastLast
Results 13,891 to 13,905 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Fonzie is really dedicated to giving the mini Sega experience, just like the 32X his MegaWire won't see any use either.

I think fonzie should be worrying about fixing the bugs and getting the megawire rolled out if that can update carts. Not trying to blame his incompetence on others.

Sports Talker

So many haters, I'd love to see any troll here with nothing but negative things to say do some thing even close. Some people are too stupid to even now how stupid they are to realize what amount of work it takes to get this far. "Oh I sold mine for 500 and get a bootleg later if not who cares." Get the f out for real. You fing hater. How about buy another copy since you scalped the f out of it you turd.
    Last edited by acem77; 02-22-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Road Rasher

Im sure Fonzie suffered through the development, it must have been hard. But all the paypal fiasco from what i understand is his fault, blaming the “world leader in finance”, mafia,etc is just plain stupid, as is #locustery movement... taking pre-orders with promise of launch ruined their reputation, and no wonder people reported the paypal account again since he gave absolutely no update or tracking on shipping for over 2 months even if the products were marked as shipping. I think he delivered a good game, but he just sees everyone and everything as guilty of his problems, never thinks about his own actions as responsible for the situation

Well that interview was... something. I'm no fan of his bravado, feels like you can never get a straight answer out of him. I find it outright bizarre that he claims that people who said they didn't receive their copies are actually people who never ordered the game at all. Calling BS on that one.

On the plus side, he did drop some more leads to follow about potential secrets:

-The Konami Code can be entered somewhere. He says it will play a sound to confirm and that it's "easy to find out". Despite that claim, I haven't figured out where yet, but it isn't the Sanophix Terminal screen, Watermelon logo, title screen, sound test, or while paused...
    -You can turn on the Japanese mode features on non-JP consoles by pressing ABABAB while paused (sound will play to confirm).
    -He says there's a code to make the Sega CD partner "two times more powerful".
    -There are codes to play as the bosses in Arcade Mode, like in SOR3. No statements on which ones or what button you have to hold after beating them. I'm guessing it's just Spinal and Rondo but who knows, maybe there are others?
    -Some stuff about the "LX-V" inscription, but I am about 99% sure he is just screwing with the interviewer: "find all the tags that begin with an odd number, convert the odd numbers to a letter, then write them down and sum them up, then it will give you another code and you will know what to do" -- that doesn't exactly make sense, and he started laughing after so he is probably just joking around.
    -Says there's something to be unlocked with the Grand Stick, "use a damn pen, try all the switches and see what happens". I think we've already done that based on the info I've gathered from people, but I guess there's supposed to be something other than "Arcade Paprium" -- and still no real answer on how to insert coins for that mode. (He says there's a money slot on the inside, lol. I think I would have heard of that before if it were real.)
    -Possibly some hidden moves other than the taunt, but "nothing incredible".

He does confirm though... that we haven't found everything yet! (Still holding out hope for those last 11 songs...)

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acem77 View Post
    So many haters, I'd love to see any troll here with nothing but negative things to say do some thing even close. Some people are too stupid to even now how stupid they are to realize what amount of work it takes to get this far. "Oh I sold mine for 500 and get a bootleg later if not who cares." Get the f out for real. You fing hater. How about buy another copy since you scalped the f out of it you turd.
    That's a lot of fing hating you're doing for real.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

So many haters, I'd love to see any troll here with nothing but negative things to say do some thing even close. Some people are too stupid to even now how stupid they are to realize what amount of work it takes to get this far.
    Logical fallacy: the validation of someone's opinion based on 'well let's see you do the same'. You don't need to be able to create a game to adequately judge it and give an opinion on it. I would bet about 98% of people here can't make games even close to the professional level of that era, yet can easily decide what's good and what's not, etc.

If you actually strip away ALL the flash and presentation (and there's a ton of it), the game definitely has its flaws. It's far from perfect. Literally, the game makes up for its less-than-average gameplay/mechanic/ balancing/design with shear amount of content (art work, music, branching paths, unlockables, etc). Only this effect wears off, and you'll see it. I guess if I were to have to choose, I'll take the barely mediocre gameplay/balancing as-is with tons of flash/fluff VS the barely mediocre gameplay/balancing as-is and no flash/fluff. But I'm sure those flaws are more of a concern for other gamers; I'm not a beat'em up aficionado. I still consider this homebrew so I'm also less critical of the flaws.

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

Found Fonzi's sega-16 account.
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Logical fallacy: the validation of someone's opinion based on 'well let's see you do the same'. You don't need to be able to create a game to adequately judge it and give an opinion on it. I would bet about 98% of people here can't make games even close to the professional level of that era, yet can easily decide what's good and what's not, etc.

If you actually strip away ALL the flash and presentation (and there's a ton of it), the game definitely has its flaws. It's far from perfect. Literally, the game makes up for its less-than-average gameplay/mechanic/ balancing/design with shear amount of content (art work, music, branching paths, unlockables, etc). Only this effect wears off, and you'll see it. I guess if I were to have to choose, I'll take the barely mediocre gameplay/balancing as-is with tons of flash/fluff VS the barely mediocre gameplay/balancing as-is and no flash/fluff. But I'm sure those flaws are more of a concern for other gamers; I'm not a beat'em up aficionado. I still consider this homebrew so I'm also less critical of the flaws.
    Yup. You don't need to be a chef to know a good meal. The funny thing with Paprium is that Fonzie concentrated his efforts on stuff most retrogaming fans could not care less about, like add-on chips, the MegaWire etc and neglected the things that actually matter, like the core gameplay and customer service. I am curious to see these unreleased IPs though, probably not in a finished state but perhaps we'll see some new artwork and music.

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

My copy arrived today. Limited edition numbered 1313, just my luck.

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

Does the Game work in the Genesis 3?

Sports Talker

Updated my mega sg fw, one odd thing it works on most stuff it seems but one input on my the front of my onkyo receiver..

Good thing I tried it 1st on my kitchen tv today while working from home as it had no issues.
    Later tried it on my main tv but using the front aux hdmi input and get the default non compatible mini game.... Tried the same hdmi cable from the kitchen same issues. Then I tied another hdmi in my main set up and it work perfect. I'll have to trace what input I am using now it's a rats nest.

But just a warning if you still have issues try another input or skip your recieve or other devices go direct.

Very odd I really can't understand why different types of hdmi inputs can cause issues... Some type of higher power draw or noise on the line?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

1. Circumvent the paypal pre-order policy through "GEMS" system
    2. Take almost a DECADE to deliver a ludicrous product
    3. Meanwhile investors lose faith and complain to paypal
    4. Paypal assumes FONZO is another scam-artist and freezes money

This is what happens when you are basically stupid, but you delude yourself into thinking you are smarter than anybody else on the planet. Like karma in real time.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Fonzie is really dedicated to giving the mini Sega experience, just like the 32X his MegaWire won't see any use either.
    LOL
    Hey now the 32X had some gems.... what other console has a hummingbird shooter on par with Kolibri?

If the IPs get sold maybe the MegaWire standard can become open source. Although it's unclear what anyone would want to do with it. If it's just to patch a ROM we already have flash carts.

Hey, guess what? I'm still waiting for the refund for a game I paid for four years ago. I'd love a copy I could just sell.

The hate doesn't come from a vacuum.

Thread Information