Quantcast

Page 940 of 951 FirstFirst ... 440840890930936937938939940941942943944950 ... LastLast
Results 14,086 to 14,100 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by promking View Post
    Do any of you guys buy homebrew games for other systems?
    Example NGdev... For Neo Geo... I'm on 4+ years waiting for that game as well.
    What's worse? Constant updates about nothing? Constant blaming of others? Or no updates?
    I think it depends on the company. I'm not sure I'd be happy with no updates or constant updates about nothing consequential. I missed this NGdev game and I really regret it but that comes with the territory. I am on the BitMap Bereau list for XenoCrisis for the Neo Geo and Neo Geo CD and I'm really hoping they get those versions shipped out by the summer. I've only had my Neo Geo for about 2 years now, and I'd love to get my hands on more "new" games as much as possible.
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Thanks to the mega sg update I can finally play it.
    Last edited by djtwok; 03-16-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    1 XB360, 1 md2, 1 mcd2, 1 snes, 1 ms adapter, 1 Nes, 2Gamegears (for playing sor co op)
    http://soundcloud.com/djtwok

Well folks, after years of trying, I finally got to interview Fonzie.

I hope you'll enjoy it:

Please check out my YouTube channel

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post

I hope you'll enjoy it:

Thanks - I appreciate that you put in those section breaks so it's easy to get to specific parts. There's only so long I can listen to a guy claim to be persecuted by the Chinese mafia before I have to move on

Wildside Expert

The secrets and sheer amount of unlockables give Paprium an incredible amount of replayability. I am going to come out and say it, this is one of my favourite Mega Drive games. No it's not Streets of Rage or Final Fight CD but it's only a slight notch beneath those. The more I play and uncover the more hooked I get currently using the excellent: http://wafflenet.com/paprium.html to make sure I see all this game has to offer.

Also just started listening to the above interview, thanks for the work St1ka.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

I hope you'll enjoy it:

as I think it's been pretty much covered and said you did a great job stika! i enjoy your YouTube channel. watching Fonzie even for 2-hours talking, the guy still doesn't give very much away I would have loved the straight answer how many playable characters WERE actually hidden in the game. ( Wait~A~Minute was his answer to buy His strategy guide? Bastard LOL) or the intended UPDATE use for the mega wire0.4 where to purchase the wire from an if it actually come to get released with so much uncertainty with watermelon.
    Last edited by Nano Babe; 03-18-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

[QUOTE=Sut;876245]The secrets and sheer amount of unlockables give Paprium an incredible amount of replayability. I am going to come out and say it, this is one of my favourite Mega Drive games. No it's not Streets of Rage or Final Fight CD but it's only a slight notch beneath those. The more I play and uncover the more hooked I get currently using the excellent: http://wafflenet.com/paprium.html to make sure I see all this game has to offer.

I also think it's a great game everyone has their own opinion on this, and I think People get a little bit Cloudy with 8-years development and lack of communication from Fonzie affect their review of the game.
    I think this is a better fighting game than final fight ~ burning fight or streets of Rage series! and i love those games look at it this way how the magazines used to review games sound gameplay ~ graphics final fight streets of Rage on average has 6 seven stages? Paprium has more alot more is true some of the stages are drawn out some of the backgrounds look really really good whilst others look like a copy and paste block 888 and aqua world basically a Reskin. I don't think anybody argues that the sound isn't great. so the replay value the games got far more levels and secrets than any streets of Rage or final fight game. Paprium supports up to 4 players like peacekeepers for the SNES utilises the mega CD CPU has a joystick that communicates with the game yes some of things are gimmicks. I see the joysticks are being sold on Ebay upwards 500 what some people would pay for a gimmick!
    I actually sat down turned up my speakers and replayed final fight CD in streets of Rage 2 the music was as to be expected incredible. but oh man the movement was slow I'm playing the NTSC 60hz and damn I wish these games movement was more fast-paced felt like my characters having a slow walk through the park. compared to the speed of playing Paprium my conclusion is I agree that the old beat~em~ups are great But i don't consider them to be more superior than Paprium only that they have a place on the shelf beside it.
    Last edited by Nano Babe; 03-18-2021 at 10:56 AM.

Glad you guys liked it!

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Thanks - I appreciate that you put in those section breaks so it's easy to get to specific parts. There's only so long I can listen to a guy claim to be persecuted by the Chinese mafia before I have to move on
    Assuming he's telling the truth, how do you even get yourself into such a situation where the Chinese mafia would be after you? Forget about his games, I would pay good money for a camera crew to follow him throughout the development of one of his games and make it into a documentary movie. This guy's life needs to be put on film.

Road Rasher

A Mel Brooks film preferably.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert RvR's Avatar

If I understand his story right he tried to use a random Chinese company called Paypal but it wasnt the real paypal and they held his money for a year with excuses before he started pressing them for the money and they sent him some intimidating messages to make him back off?

Someone should make a Paprium rom hack with a character sprite of one of the characters changed to Fonzie and the enemies changed to the Chinese mafia lol

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    Assuming he's telling the truth, how do you even get yourself into such a situation where the Chinese mafia would be after you? Forget about his games, I would pay good money for a camera crew to follow him throughout the development of one of his games and make it into a documentary movie. This guy's life needs to be put on film.
    All I can guess is that at some point in the process he needed to borrow money and he got a loan from some unsavory characters, maybe not the actual mafia but the kind of guys who don't take "soon" for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by RvR View Post
    If I understand his story right he tried to use a random Chinese company called Paypal but it wasnt the real paypal and they held his money for a year with excuses before he started pressing them for the money and they sent him some intimidating messages to make him back off?

Someone should make a Paprium rom hack with a character sprite of one of the characters changed to Fonzie and the enemies changed to the Chinese mafia lol
    I believe what he meant was that rather than establishing offices in China, Paypal outsourced it to a different company who is legally allowed to use their name, but is mostly left up to their own devices.

If I get a refund, I will use it to buy Ken's new book (since it would cover that with shipping).

Doesn't sound like it is coming any time soon.

Master of Shinobi

I believe what he meant was that rather than establishing offices in China, Paypal outsourced it to a different company who is legally allowed to use their name, but is mostly left up to their own devices.
    I guess that's possible but if it really was a mix-up on the part of PayPal, wouldn't the first thing to do be to contact PayPal HQ in the US or at least the international offices in Singapore? I've used PayPal internationally for a decade and have never heard of something like this happening, even in the worst case scenario they have to return the money in 180 days.

But maybe it did happen that way, who knows.

Thread Information