Quantcast

Page 128 of 967 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 14503

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    Kinda silly to ask for fan art of a game we've seen what... 4 screenshots of?
    This!

I said this like 3 pages ago, WM needs to get their butts in gear and show us some game footage. This is borderline ridiculous at this point. If people actually sent art, WM is sitting on more fan generated content than there is ACTUAL content available online. I don't know how marketing works in crazy town, but around here...

Anyway, I'm just along for the ride now, I'm pretty sure WM knows the Sega enthusiasts will shell out the cash when the game comes out regardless, so dumping time into actual marketing is most likely not on their agenda at this time. Still, it would be nice to be treated like you actually want to woo me into buying your game...

a.k.a. hombreimaginario Outrunner synapse's Avatar

Kinda silly to ask for fan art of a game we've seen what... 4 screenshots of?
    QFT.

There is still the official art that was shown, it's been linked a few times now. http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en...ect-ART_10449/
    While I personally like the secrecy and all, I just like surprises in general. I can understand that from a business perspective it's not a good idea to do it this way.

We've seen art, but I (and everyone else) has no attachment to these characters, we know nothing about them other than their look. There's barely any context to work with. It's like making fan art about Sonic without knowing he is fast, lives off rings, turns into a super sayan using emeralds and fights an old fat scientist that makes robots.

What they're asking for isn't fan art, it's "how well can you draw this character in another pose".

I wish there was some way we could have coordinated an effort to only provide 4 pieces of fan art at low resolution with a photoshoped crack in the bottom corner and some weird lighting effects, then never mention anything about it again for the next 4 months, then out of nowhere, make a contest where we request official art with some arbitrary deadline.
    Last edited by SEGA-Jorge; 11-14-2014 at 03:05 PM.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    I wish there was some way we could have coordinated an effort to only provide 4 pieces of fan art at low resolution with a photoshoped crack in the bottom corner and some weird lighting effects, then never mention anything about it again for the next 4 months, then out of nowhere, make a contest where we request official art with some arbitrary deadline.
    You can be quite a harsh persone with all your comments, friend!

But I do understand that more could be shown.... and it will. But for now Yes its for those who like to draw and we are asking if they want to come up with their versions of the charcaters that where shown on a Post Apocalyptic background.

This is also on the Main Page of PJY

ProjectY takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, set in an Asian high-tech metropolis. The last survivors of the nuclear war are divided into several classes, where the most powerful have the others by the balls. This has divided the governing bodies into several fractions, where ethnic mafias and a corrupt corporation are just a few of them! As you can see, this story is filled with many possible scenarios. It will demand lots of exploring and several playthroughs to get everything out of it.

Yes the setting sounds freaking awesome, you can probably draw some awesome stuff using the characters shown and that description.

Just don't call it fan art, because it's not fan art. It's concept art by a different artist. You can't be a fan of something you haven't experienced.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    You can be quite a harsh persone with all your comments, friend!
    This is ridiculous.
    Can't you handle the criticism any less personally?

I think Watermelon Team just wants to get us gamers involved in their game. Sure, some of it for marketing reasons but I believe they're genuinely interested presenting something they're going to be proud of.
    And I also believe they really like getting us involved for fun and even for creation. If you've been an investor of their games you've seen the polls they create that allow investors (gamers) to move the game in a particular direction.

Yeah, I agree it's been a really long time with very little updates. And I'm aching to see the game in action but I like how they want us involved. This drawing contest is a fun idea (even though I lack the skill to participate).
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

I don't think Goldenboy's reply was ridiculous. He just... replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    This is ridiculous.
    Can't you handle the criticism any less personally?
    Sega Dude

Sports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    I don't think Goldenboy's reply was ridiculous. He just... replied.
    No, he just missed the chance to stay quiet.

Just don't call it fan art, because it's not fan art. It's concept art by a different artist. You can't be a fan of something you haven't experienced.
    Exactly, you can only be a fan of something that already exists. If the game was a continuation of a franchise for example it would be feasible.

But I think they called this fan art because it is asking for us who will buy the game and who are "fans" of the mega drive make this Conceptual art.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

To be clear it wasn't exactly criticism, as much as it was just an inverse example of what WM has asked/proposed, and, as freaking absurd as the content of my post sounds, not only did WM ask us to make fan art of a game that barely qualifies as anything beyond vaporware, they defend the idea of pre-pre-release fan art, then say I'm being harsh...

Being harsh would be me outlining how fake games, with no actual intention of ever existing outside of hoaxes, Jokes, and conceptual content, provide more meat on the bone than this. What's harsh is a dev team that's sitting on dozens of dozens of pages of comments on their game, which they've purposely withheld even the smallest information, examples, or concrete proof of actual existence, and they find it perfectly suitable to ask US for content.

At the very least, the very least, expect us to crack some jokes and bust your balls a bit. This cagey attitude about your game was charming for all of 10 minutes.

That's a good perspective.

Maybe they could have given the contest a more accurate name but really it feels like a small detail to fuss over.
    Specially considering that English is not the first language for several (all?) of the members of Watermelon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    Exactly, you can only be a fan of something that already exists. If the game was a continuation of a franchise for example it would be feasible.

But I think they called this fan art because it is asking for us who will buy the game and who are "fans" of the mega drive make this Conceptual art.
    Sega Dude

Thread Information