Quantcast

Page 164 of 967 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 14503

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    More like Final Fight.... SOR2 is one of my all time favs... but the shaking hit detection still frame is not something I like... we are going more towards what arcade Beat em ups do .. hit frame..freeze with hit detection FX
    I completely agree with this, after playing Final Fight so much the hit detection in SoR2 feels a bit weird. Also, i don't like that the grab system depends on what side of the enemy you grab and that you need to hold the direction of your enemy to hit normally, it's distracting and unintuitive for the action when there are many enemies on screen, but i guess that's just me.

I wonder how many enemies on screen will Project Y support, perhaps similar to SoR2?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennab View Post
    ..1..thank you for the video..and now youtube link..
    ..2..the paralax scrolling is great, 3 or 4 layers oh yes, great color usage, great detail in scenes, things moving in background reminds me of viewpoint on neogeo, characters are big..only 1 thing that is iffy imo is it seems to play like takaras fatal fury on genesis right now, like the hit detection seems fluffy, but hey everything else is on point, music, sounds, graphics, weapon choices..oh yes i am impressed..i will definitely not refund..if it never beats sor2 than it might beat final fight cd which is my #2 for system..#3 is sor..imo..
    ..3..goldenboy will the hit detention be like in sor2 or final fight, what are some other things that need polishing iyo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iR8wwBhYPM

"Shendue3 hours ago (edited)
    At the actual state of the game, the animations of the throws seem a bit too rough and abrupt, in my humble opinion, and that makes the collisions look a bit off even if they probably aren't. Even at 0:22 when the character kicks, the enemies fall down BEFORE the kick animation is completed. So i think a little bit more polish on the animations timing and synchronisation between the characters would be important. But it's work in progress, so i'm pretty sure you know these things better than me and are working on them already.
    The sprites, backgrounds and the use of colors are top notch. And the music is just IMPRESSIVE. I really dig the music.
    I'm dying to play the finished thing, but take all the time you'll need to make it perfect. I think you are potentially making a game that will kick serious butts. Thank you for showing us more."
    da fuck are you talking about?

Sports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    Fire Extinguisher as weapon.

Fire Extinguisher as weapon.
    I don't get it. It let you excited or disappointed?

Flash and whizbang is all well and good, but a beat em up is all about the game play.

Really hoping to see some freeform combo ability/juggles like in Guardian Heroes, Sengoku 3, Ghost Chaser: Densei etc. If it's just another Final Fight/SoR then I don't really need it :/

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
    Flash and whizbang is all well and good, but a beat em up is all about the game play.

Really hoping to see some freeform combo ability/juggles like in Guardian Heroes, Sengoku 3, Ghost Chaser: Densei etc. If it's just another Final Fight/SoR then I don't really need it :/
    That's fair I suppose, but I sort of look at this release as a "What if it was 199x and this was out then" type of thing. If it's as good as it looks on the vid then I'm OK with it being similar / generic as long as it's fun. Though I do agree with the above comment in the context of this being a brand new game.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vludi View Post
    I completely agree with this, after playing Final Fight so much the hit detection in SoR2 feels a bit weird. Also, i don't like that the grab system depends on what side of the enemy you grab and that you need to hold the direction of your enemy to hit normally, it's distracting and unintuitive for the action when there are many enemies on screen, but i guess that's just me.

I wonder how many enemies on screen will Project Y support, perhaps similar to SoR2?
    We are hoping for quite a few.. we are debugging, but keep in mind we have twice the character sizes onscreen...

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    That's fair I suppose, but I sort of look at this release as a "What if it was 199x and this was out then" type of thing. If it's as good as it looks on the vid then I'm OK with it being similar / generic as long as it's fun. Though I do agree with the above comment in the context of this being a brand new game.
    to be seen... mind you its on Sega genesis, coding wise there is so much we can do, its not a NEO GEO or MAME arcade, but we will try and make it as smooth and fun as possible.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

to be seen... mind you its on Sega genesis, coding wise there is so much we can do, its not a NEO GEO or MAME arcade, but we will try and make it as smooth and fun as possible.
    I'm sure! Looking forward to it, and being a bit of a graphics whore the video ticks that box at least! I forgot to say, I love the bit where that guy from the Blue Oyster comes out of the shadows and spanks his bottom, I had a bit of a laugh at that.

We are hoping for quite a few.. we are debugging, but keep in mind we have twice the character sizes onscreen...
    Yeah of course i noticed the size of the characters, with at least 5 enemies i would be quite satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post

Funny, because i think Final Fight and SoR2 has better gameplay than Sengoku 3 or Denjiin Makai, not a big fan of excesive juggles. You can play hack 'n slashes for that.
    Last edited by Vludi; 03-05-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Love the music and the artwork. Still curious what the role-playing elements are gonna look like.

Really looking forward to this!
    I could care less, but I choose not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Bunker, Professional Gamer
    Gaiares is number one!

The trailer looks amazing! Is it still possible to pre-order?

Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I don't get it. It let you excited or disappointed?
    The answer to that question should be self evident. You can use a freaking fire extinguisher as a weapon, that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    The answer to that question should be self evident. You can use a freaking fire extinguisher as a weapon, that's awesome!
    And I`ll reply again haha!

Fire Extinguisher FREEZE AWESOME !

If Project Y can support more ennemies on screen than Final Fight CD, it will be excellent... Fonzie said that the Engine could support twice the number of SOR 3 sprites...

Nameless One

Fire Extinguisher aside, the game's coded in C? Notice the XGCC word in commandline... Impressive!

Thread Information