Quantcast

Page 295 of 967 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395795 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 14503

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

No one was implying code was stolen. It was a legitimate dev question. And the similarities in design in regards to enemies is legit. They are similar, but that is fine. They definitely fall under the homage/inspired by category. That being said, GoldenBoy couldn't really use sprite rips. The sprites are not even the same size/res right? They look like much bigger sprites. He'd have to completely redraw them anyway, so he may as well start from scratch.

Sports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    SO until then tweaking is ahead !
    Nice!
    Not related to gameplay, but graphics, I think the hand of the girl Mona of the pier stage can be improved.

C8IlmWJUIAEZnfm.jpg

Seriously are you arguing about sprite rip?! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by EPSYLON EAGLE View Post
    Seriously are you arguing about sprite rip?! LOL!
    Who's arguing about sprite rips?

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Nice!
    Not related to gameplay, but graphics, I think the hand of the girl Mona of the pier stage can be improved.

C8IlmWJUIAEZnfm.jpg
    Manny things can be improved yes. thanks for that !

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    No one was implying code was stolen. It was a legitimate dev question. And the similarities in design in regards to enemies is legit. They are similar, but that is fine. They definitely fall under the homage/inspired by category. That being said, GoldenBoy couldn't really use sprite rips. The sprites are not even the same size/res right? They look like much bigger sprites. He'd have to completely redraw them anyway, so he may as well start from scratch.

You have to be insane to think we accept any sprite Rip's , from my side that aint happenning, and when id did early in developement from animation people from china I saw it and right away asked to take it out. Form there on we have had help from much better sprite animators/ artist's.

I ll look into the prite sheet's all the way until its shipped , same for Fonz.

You have to be insane to think we accept any sprite Rip's , from my side that aint happenning, and when id did early in developement from animation people from china I saw it and right away asked to take it out. Form there on we have had help from much better sprite animators/ artist's.

I ll look into the prite sheet's all the way until its shipped , same for Fonz.
    I am sure the same can be said for the code, why set yourself up for a legal battle or outcry from the community. Using the basis code of another game is something for romhack's not commercial homebrew products.

Sports Talker

Manny things can be improved yes. thanks for that !
    Thanks to YOU!

SPLATTER!!!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Looks awesome. I'm not much of a twitter user, but I just started following you. Your art style is fantastic!

I don't know how feasible it is, but have you guys ever thought of reaching out to HD Retrovision for some type of cross-promotion? Most folks are still playing their Genesis via poor quality composite or even RF in the US, and will probably miss out on many little details in the game because of it. I have a pair of the component cables put out by them, and the difference is night and day.

Video of a Genny running via component on my 4kTV
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BJY1yzWjpax/

I have no affiliation with any company, but I'm interested in sharing good stuff with the community.

Now imagine how awesome would be Watermelon using this engine to create other game like, let's say, a Zelda style adventure mixed with beat'em up elements!
    Maybe would be the perfect opportunity to bring Yuzo Koshiro this time, since Fonzie, XGoldenboyX and others will be literally swimming on money after the release

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    No one was implying code was stolen.
    Retrospiel did. And I don't buy it a second. I'm really shocked, to say the least, that Retrospiel, whose honesty I trust, said that. I just can think he was deceived by an ill-intentioned person.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I love the colors; intense, dark contrasts. I can't wait to see this on my CRT.

Raging in the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by tryphon View Post
    Retrospiel did. And I don't buy it a second. I'm really shocked, to say the least, that Retrospiel, whose honesty I trust, said that. I just can think he was deceived by an ill-intentioned person.
    He said the code was stolen from Slaughter Sport.

You didn't think he was being serious right?

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by tryphon View Post
    I think he was just being sarcastic.

But, IMO, the whole discussion is pointless:
    - No one in this day and age creates anything completely from scratch - especially in terms of software development. Everything is based on a previous work which was also based on a previous work...
    - Pretty much all the technical knowledge communities like this have accumulated in the past years only exists thanks to reverse engineering. To talk against this approach is beyond stupid IMO.
    - Like others already pointed, SOR1 source code, for an example, probably has NOTHING of value for a super sophisticated MD game like Fonzie was willing to develop.
    - If he did borrow code from 20-30 years old games and managed to integrated such code with good performance results, boy, that's just another proof of his brilliance. Because, surprise, surprise: it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more difficult to find good analysts which can deal with legacy code than it's to find developers which can vomit a lot of new code everyday.
    - I don't give a flying fuck if Paprium's code came from his brain, an old ROM, a gift from God or whatever the hell it could came from. If the game is good that's all that matters to me at this point BECAUSE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A SYSTEM WHICH HAS BEEN DEAD FOR PRETTY MUCH 20 YEARS. Nobody is going to become filthy rich by """"stealing"""" code and releasing it in MD cartridges using super expensive packaging.

Thread Information