Quantcast

Page 411 of 967 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511911 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 14503

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Not defending Fonzie. I don't know how many times i have to say that. Fonzie has been doing the little to no communication with team members since what? 2013? That's what i mean. He will deliver the game and that's not a defense of his character.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 108 Stars View Post
    What I am saying is that I do not believe as some have guessed that he scammed them. Scamming requires a bad intention. If you promise a product, take the money and run with no intention of delivering you are a scammer.
    I do agree with you and yes I'm chill..or chilling with a margarita! lol wana join in : ) I also believe Paprium will still be released, when ? who knows !

Sports Talker

Luis, do you know if Rebecca finished the artwork on manga? She got the payment?

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by 108 Stars View Post
    Dude, calm down.
    I am NOT defending Fonzie. All you say is true.
    What I am saying is that I do not believe as some have guessed that he scammed them. Scamming requires a bad intention. If you promise a product, take the money and run with no intention of delivering you are a scammer. If you just suck at your job and do it badly, you are not really scamming but rather failing.

My point is that he never intended to not release it. I believe he actually wants to and obsesses over the game. How he treats people, money, management and all that stuff is a different matter. He is just shit at that. But he is not betraying customers on purpose.

And I think because it was never his intention to run away with the money he is still trying to get it out. It is in his obsessive nature.

That is not "defending" Fonzie, it is merely trying to explain his motives.
    To be very honest with you, I don't care about his "intentions".

But we can summarize lots of shitty actions at this point. Also, I don't see a reasonable excuse for simply not paying people who worked for him.
    That's not just "oh he sucks at management", especially when it's occurring time and time again.

And if he has the nerve to offer refunds for those who think it's absurd to wait for 5 years with his shitty updates and poor communication, man, he better deliver it.

At this point I have zero respect for him. And I hope he never crowdfunds anything ever again.

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    I do agree with you and yes I'm chill..or chilling with a margarita! lol wana join in : ) I also believe Paprium will still be released, when ? who knows !
    You know, Fonzie is actually playing a dangerous game by not paying you.
    I don't want you to get any ideas, but I just thought... Since he has not yet fulfilled his contract with you, you could probably take a lawyer and send him a cease and desist. Reclaim the rights to your graphics.

Fonzie would then have a game with no graphics.

Of course you want the game to get out, and you want to be paid... But if you were spiteful you could be the biggest danger to Paprium. You could pretty much cancel it. You are the most powerful man in Paprium land. ^^

I am surprised Fonzie left such a key aspect of the game in the air.

@Barone
    You are absolutely right and I apologize if it sounds like I was making excuses for him. It is all inexcusable. And his intentions do not change the results of people getting screwed, disappointed, and tricked. It is just a very twisted line of thinking with him, and it hurts many.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Luis, do you know if Rebecca finished the artwork on manga? She got the payment?

I believe so for the payment, at that time FOnzie was receiving $ from the "OK " of Tulio if Im not mistaking, but I can ask. And yes the manga is completed and look's great! Zebbe, Myself , Fonzie came up with the scenarios/story and rebecca did the art. Fun times !

Road Rasher

Has anybody missed this part by zebbe???
    "the Project N programmer was paid, and he quit when the payments stopped. Which probably explains the lack of news on that project, it's not like a SNES programmer can be replaced with anyone."
    So Project N would need the code from said developper, a snes dev kit, and continue someone elses work. Project N probably hasnt been touched since 2014, over 3 years ago!!!
    At least he should officially cancel this mess and issue refunds

He can't work on it till they sell Paprium. We already knew the game was put on hold. Not officially but this has been talked about on the MGF alot. If i remember correctly Fonzie said they will work on it after Paprium is out and i was probably the only one asking in March of last year when he was on the forums. Others started asking after as well. A picture thread was made after. It has all known screenshots of the game.

Wildside Expert Groovemaster303's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    David, we don't chat nearly enough! We should catch up!

Can you tell me if all the music we made back then for Paprium is being used in the game? I heard there were changes due to changes with the sound chip, and reduced the planned capabilities. You don't have to go in detail if you don't want, but let me know if there's unused music from those 52 songs you sent me when we worked together on the soundtrack.

Many moons ago I sent Fonz the soundtrack and then after that... well I moved on. I agree getting something right takes time but I also believe that there becomes a point where overworking and being obsessed over too many details can actually make things worse. Knowing when to say enough is enough can be very hard but sometimes it needs to done.
    I've not heard from Fonz in some time so I have no idea about what's been going on or what music has made it into the game. What I will say though is that any changes from what I sent in are not down to me and if everything sounds great, then awesome. If not... Then at least the I have the soundtrack as it was intended to be heard in my possession.

Road Rasher

By now, Fonzie can be considered gaming's Axl Rose. The guy is clearly going through some serious shit in his head. From what people close to him told above, something must have happened when he went back to China. I don't see another explanation as to how someone described as friendly and collaborative could devolve into an unreachable person, doing everything by himself, if doing anything at all. The guy could:

- Be depressed
    - Have had a nervous breakdown
    - Have been influenced by someone to do what he is doing (I.e.: a lover)
    - Be stuck in a rut (I.e.: no money to produce the game)
    - Be obsessing over and over at details of the game

He is clearly a perfectionist, which is not always good in projects. For these kind of people, it is hard to know when to let go of their creations. Of course, nothing above justifies his inexcusable behavior. Many people would have loved to help him with this project, even if getting nothing from it.

I have invested at least 200 dollars in this game and want it finished and I strongly support Barone's decision to ask for a refund. Living in Brazil as well, I know how much money 1.500 dollars around here. It was quite a handsome effort of his part and he deserves nothing but the right to get his hard earned money back.

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groovemaster303 View Post
    Many moons ago I sent Fonz the soundtrack and then after that... well I moved on. I agree getting something right takes time but I also believe that there becomes a point where overworking and being obsessed over too many details can actually make things worse. Knowing when to say enough is enough can be very hard but sometimes it needs to done.
    I've not heard from Fonz in some time so I have no idea about what's been going on or what music has made it into the game. What I will say though is that any changes from what I sent in are not down to me and if everything sounds great, then awesome. If not... Then at least the I have the soundtrack as it was intended to be heard in my possession.
    I feel a little privileged and a little bad at the same time, that I can actually be reading this thread and answering this while listening to that soundtrack.

I'm going to make a new game for an exciting Sega platform. Visit my Patreon page.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

I wondered the same as above about China. I also wondered if maybe he has something like autism or bipolar disorder, it might go some way to explain his behavour; I would not expect for one second he reveal this, it's his business.

I personally do not care that it's been five years, or if it's an issue like I mentioned holding it up, I have enough games to play fof the next twenty five if that's how long it takes, I'd just like some updates so I know that our money, which could have been earning us interest, is being spent wisely.

I also agree with 108stars that he isn't a hook, but he's no nice guy either, his unpaid workers know it best.

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by netpredakonn View Post
    I don't see another explanation as to how someone described as friendly and collaborative could devolve into an unreachable person, doing everything by himself, if doing anything at all. The guy could:

- Be depressed
    - Have had a nervous breakdown
    - Have been influenced by someone to do what he is doing (I.e.: a lover)
    - Be stuck in a rut (I.e.: no money to produce the game)
    - Be obsessing over and over at details of the game
    I don't discount any of these possibilities but honestly: REACH OUT! It's not a shame to say the truth when you're in need. Look at this community, despite the uproar, everyone is still rooting for the game to be successful. There's nothing wrong in admitting you failed and asking for help. If any of these above could have been the reason for us to be here now debating over this, it could have been solved already.
    Last edited by TulioAdriano; 02-28-2018 at 02:28 PM.

I'm going to make a new game for an exciting Sega platform. Visit my Patreon page.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    I don't discount any of these possibilities but honestly: REACH OUT! It's not a shame to say the truth when you're in need. Look at this community, despite the uproar, everyone is still rooting for the game to be successful. There's nothing wrong in admitting you failed and asking for help. If any of these above could have been the reason for us to be here now debating over this, it could have been solved already.
    And I'm pretty sure you, of all people, would to do it, given the proper conditions. Nobody wants to see him fail, but he is actually setting himself up to it.

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

We have joked about it in the past... The change was when he grew a moustache. Probably he started twirling it like a cartoon villain. Someone must force him to shave and he will be nice again.

Thread Information