Quantcast

Page 746 of 967 FirstFirst ... 246646696736742743744745746747748749750756796846 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,190 of 14503

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hero of Algol

At the time of the Project Y's and other bs announcements, we didn't have the plethora of better options we have today though.
    The alternative was SFT which had released a couple of old Taiwanese RPGs ridden with bugs, poor packaging and amateur shipment (including some noticeable delays).

I can understand people supporting WM back then; but nowadays it just makes no sense.

If you're craving for more MD games, go donate to SGDK and buy games made by decent people such as Sik and Matt Phillips.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

Whats the latest? is the game coming or not coming? Fonz still hiding from everybody?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Yes, zero news, usual crap.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by MushaAleste View Post
    Whats the latest?
    "Soon."

is the game coming or not coming
    The release party was held a bit more than two years ago.
    Haven't received your copy yet? So, no.

Fonz still hiding from everybody?
    Yes.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

So is this thread even about the game anymore? How in hell has it kept being alive after all these years? Half Life 3 will be announced AND released before Paprium does.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    How in hell has it kept being alive after all these years?
    The whole thing is too ridiculous to just die out. Like, there was a release party over 2 years ago. How hilarious is that?
    People have lost money over this, and are not happy about it. Then there's the yearly "soon" bullshit hype, from Luis and others. And then there's the usual trolling that this project fully deserves. All of that keeps the thread alive.

Yeah, that, and it's pretty much the biggest thread in what seems to be a forum with less and less participation.

If anything, it's a bummer that this thread is the one that gets the most attention. I think this might be the only forum I post on regularly anymore.

To the point that there were complaints about my suggestion to lock up the thread about how it's the thing that keeps the forum aliveÖ just saying, if this is really the only thing the forum has left going then we may as well let it die altogether. Besides I believe that Melf's focus was always the site proper, not its forum.

Pretty much all participation is done by people on Twitter constantly tweeting about old games nowadays.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Scrobins09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Pretty much all participation is done by people on Twitter constantly tweeting about old games nowadays.
    Video Game Sage has risen in the last year to offer a forum community after the fall of NintendoAge and SegaAge, and it isnít specific to any console or company.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Scrobins09 View Post
    Video Game Sage has risen in the last year to offer a forum community after the fall of NintendoAge and SegaAge, and it isnít specific to any console or company.
    That's for collectors.

2020 Sega-16 forum is a shadow of what this forum once was and for a lot of reasons.
    Some of the former active members which were hardcore modders and CRT collectors are now active in Facebook groups.
    Developers and hackers discuss on discord now.
    News are mostly shared on Twitter.

The shitty part is that a lot of idiots who have no interest in Mega Drive games are still active here, we never seen to have a shortage of those; I've been saying this for years, but having a Off Topic section these days is like seeding cancer.
    By the way, this is the thread with most views in the forum, but the most active ones are in the Off Topic and Insert Coin sections.

That says a lot.

Most Sega-16 active members don't play Mega Drive games nor discuss about them and much less have anything insightful to say about Sega games in general.
    If we are campaigning to shutdown this thread due to its stupidity and negativism, I'd strongly recommend shutting down the cancerous and troll-filled Off Topic section first.

Ultimately, something needs to be done about the forum. It really does seem like it's on its last legs. I don't really know where everyone hangs out. Some older folks are still in IRC, very few are in the discord. r/SegaGenesis is still pretty active. I don't really believe any of those options fill the unique long-form discussion that forums do. I'd hate to see the forum go, but I also think that there is almost no discussion going on in a vast majority of the threads. I don't really know what the solution is, but it really seems to be in dire straits.

Nameless One

Default How about an improvement thread?

Sadly I've noticed this forum going down hill lately. It's mostly the lack of new content and discussions. The forum used to be chocked full of new content and I'm just not seeing it.

Lately, I've really been into homebrews on this site, but the blast processing thread was changed and it seems like people stopped posting.

I know Sega Genesis retro gaming is not dying because I have like 5 games pre-ordered.

If I owned this site, I would consider a re-design and focus. Like making this site work better with cell phones. More focus on new games, repros and homebrews. You have the order stuff covered.

But what do I know? How about a pinned thread on making this place better?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

I've never known this place back when it was really active, but anyway... The way I see it, considering some forums are barely active anymore, I'd just merge forums to reduce their number and have fewer but more active forums. For example, I'd merge Developer's Den with Genesis Does!.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker peido's Avatar

I think that the trouble that all new users must go through to become active also helps to the lack of activity on the forum.

About this thread, I know that most of you don't like it because it doesn't have new news, but I like to sometimes come here and read rants about Fonzie (I'm still mad about the money that I lost) :P

Quote Originally Posted by homerhomer View Post
    Sadly I've noticed this forum going down hill lately. It's mostly the lack of new content and discussions. The forum used to be chocked full of new content and I'm just not seeing it.

Lately, I've really been into homebrews on this site, but the blast processing thread was changed and it seems like people stopped posting.

I know Sega Genesis retro gaming is not dying because I have like 5 games pre-ordered.

If I owned this site, I would consider a re-design and focus. Like making this site work better with cell phones. More focus on new games, repros and homebrews. You have the order stuff covered.

But what do I know? How about a pinned thread on making this place better?
    Why are you posting these suggestions here in the "Let's all dump on Paprium"-thread, and not in the dedicated "Site & Forum Feedback" section which is, you know, designed to give Feedback and Suggestions on how to improve Site and Forum? I think over there it would be much more likely for someone who actually could implement your suggestions to actually find and read them.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Thread Information