Quantcast

Page 965 of 967 FirstFirst ... 465865915955961962963964965966967 LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,475 of 14493

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

  1. #14461
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    The GBA Tony Hawks show that a 2d isometric skating game works. They'd be portable to SNES easily, Gen with worse art. So we totally need Tony Hawk 3 on the Gen.

  2. #14462
    Wildside Expert Hairlesswookiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Ok here we go. Maybe I'm just really hypervigilant because of the controversy surrounding Watermelon and Paprium, but I just checked KS and saw that I received the following message. Did anyone else get this, or did I just screw something up by changing my pledge before it closed?

    "Hello Mark,

    Thanks again for your support.

    Just a quick message because we have seen you had Pledged without picking any ADD-ON. Maybe there is some misunderstanding, you had to pick the ADD-ONs before the campaign ended. We know the ADD-ON system on Kickstarter is very confusive, but do not worry, we have a solution for you of course.

    To be fair with other backers, if you could let us know NOW your wish-list so we can know what you want. We will get back to you in February with the procedure how to pay the extra items.

    More over, if you didn't intend to buy anything and just wanted to give some $ for support, it's all good too, thanks again for that! Alternatively, if you wish, we can also refund you.

    Thanks again and happy new year.

    -------
    Merci encore du soutient.

    Un petit message rapide pour vous dire que vous avez participé sans choisir aucun ADD-ON/Complément. Il y a peut être une méprise, vous deviez choisir les ADD-ON/Compléments avant la fin du KICKSTARTER. Nous savons bien que le système d'ADD-ON/Compléments de KICKSTARTER est très confus alors nous avons bien évidement une solution pour vous.

    Pour être "fair play" avec les autres Backers, si vous pouviez nous dire MAINTENANT la liste des ADD-ONs que vous auriez souhaité obtenir. Nous allons revenir vers vous en Février avec la procédure pour payer les ADD-ONs.

    Aussi, si vous n'aviez pas prévu de prendre quoi que ce soit et que votre participation est un simple don, c'est super, merci encore! Finalement, si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons aussi vous rembourser.

    Merci encore et bonne année!"
    Toys: PS5, PS3,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, Game Gear, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

    Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

  3. #14463
    BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada Land Ontario
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    A small bit of information some of you may find interesting.

    Recently I purchased a "Magic Wild Card", Famicom Disk System emulator from a seller in Hong Kong.

    This is the link to the item I bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/35368251374...2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

    When the item arrived, I noticed the name "Wong Kim Biu" on the package.

    Then I realized it's the same name as the paypal address I had sent money to for the MegaWire and copy of Paprium:




    I asked the seller about the MegaWire and Paprium, but I haven't received any responses.
    Could this be WM's "partner in crime"?

  4. #14464
    Outrunner nieds16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairlesswookiee View Post
    Ok here we go. Maybe I'm just really hypervigilant because of the controversy surrounding Watermelon and Paprium, but I just checked KS and saw that I received the following message. Did anyone else get this, or did I just screw something up by changing my pledge before it closed?

    "Hello Mark,

    Thanks again for your support.

    Just a quick message because we have seen you had Pledged without picking any ADD-ON. Maybe there is some misunderstanding, you had to pick the ADD-ONs before the campaign ended. We know the ADD-ON system on Kickstarter is very confusive, but do not worry, we have a solution for you of course.

    To be fair with other backers, if you could let us know NOW your wish-list so we can know what you want. We will get back to you in February with the procedure how to pay the extra items.

    More over, if you didn't intend to buy anything and just wanted to give some $ for support, it's all good too, thanks again for that! Alternatively, if you wish, we can also refund you.

    Thanks again and happy new year.

    -------
    Merci encore du soutient.

    Un petit message rapide pour vous dire que vous avez participé sans choisir aucun ADD-ON/Complément. Il y a peut être une méprise, vous deviez choisir les ADD-ON/Compléments avant la fin du KICKSTARTER. Nous savons bien que le système d'ADD-ON/Compléments de KICKSTARTER est très confus alors nous avons bien évidement une solution pour vous.

    Pour être "fair play" avec les autres Backers, si vous pouviez nous dire MAINTENANT la liste des ADD-ONs que vous auriez souhaité obtenir. Nous allons revenir vers vous en Février avec la procédure pour payer les ADD-ONs.

    Aussi, si vous n'aviez pas prévu de prendre quoi que ce soit et que votre participation est un simple don, c'est super, merci encore! Finalement, si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons aussi vous rembourser.

    Merci encore et bonne année!"
    I had issues with payment because my bank flagged, but I didn't have issues with my selection. To get anything you had to select between just physical items, a digital copy of the game and ohysical add ons, or multiple just digital options with the system specificed. If you picked either of the first 2 options it would select you were paying $9 or $30 respectively then go to another add ons page. From there you would pick everything you wanted to purchase from what was available at that time as some items sold out over time. You would then select to submit the order and it would go to a confirmation page with a list of items and the totals. I also got an email with the same info when submitted. Sounds like you didn't select any add-ons. They are going you the option to do so not, but some items are sold out so they won't be an option anymore.

  5. #14465
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairlesswookiee View Post
    Ok here we go. Maybe I'm just really hypervigilant because of the controversy surrounding Watermelon and Paprium, but I just checked KS and saw that I received the following message. Did anyone else get this, or did I just screw something up by changing my pledge before it closed
    I believe in your case it was the latter. I got nothing like this from Fonzie from my pledge.

  6. #14466
    Toejam is a wiener. SEGA-Jorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,677
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    To everyone participating in the KS, I don't want to discourage anyone, but from the outside looking in, this sounds shady as hell. Just a weird campaign all around. Still wish WM the best, especially if their goal is to make right on all the negativity surrounding Paprium, but it seems like any crowd sourced campaign by WM inevitably comes off a bit questionable.

    Best of luck to WM and all the KS supporters. I really hope you all get the products you're funding.

    SEGA-Jorge

  7. #14467
    Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa - USA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Hi everyone, I'm only doing individual replies to the ones that quoted my original message but I read each one of your posts. Thanks for the great suggestions!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairlesswookiee View Post
    How about an action RPG in the vein of Crusader of Centy?
    Yeah we're definitely missing more of those on the Mega Drive. And I definitely have a game concept that would work for that format.

    Quote Originally Posted by ichbinian View Post
    That sounds awesome. Go for it man!
    Thanks for the encouragement. It really means a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    A shmup, to a level never before seen on the Genesis. But also actually fine-tuned, balanced, and fun - lots of secrets and things to unlock! Stages that actually change scenery/style/etc. Something with loads of sprites and lots of action that doesn't let up - with serious animation too. Over the top music and clear PCM sound FX.
    It's a tough challenge to beat Thunder Force IV. Nonetheless I love shmups and it's something that I want to do in the future. After our experience with Ghost Blade I've been wanting to do a horizontal shmup, since they're my favorites.

    Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    A Genesis/Mega Drive game similar to Actraiser's mixed style (action platformer mixed with basic sim) would be awesome. I'd also love to see a multiplayer action RPG akin to Secret of Mana. Basically, things that are rare or non-existent on this platform.
    We do have a great concept for a SoM style game. For Actraiser, I don't have experience with the game so it would be interesting to explore the genre and see how it would inspire me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer View Post
    32XCD Lightgun shooting game RPG compatible with all the available light guns. The Menacer needs more games.
    And on top of that, one that would somehow work with LCD panels, so that we don't have to restart the whole CRT industry due to the massive success of this new game.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Personally I'd love to see something like.. a space marine shooter. a 2D side scrolling exploration game.
    kinda like Aliens Infestation (NDS) meets Alien 3 (Genesis) but without the license and more about marines taking care of crap in deep space.
    I haven't played Aliens 3 in ages, and I have to check Aliens Infestation to see what it is about. We do have a run 'n gun concept as well so maybe it can work for what you suggest.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyteknohed View Post
    Great news, Tulio. Can’t wait to back whatever you have planned! As for genre ideas, this might be pushing the envelope a little bit I would consider one of the following:

    - A Metroidvania
    - A modern indie style game a la Celeste or Shovel Knight
    - An FPS using Gasega68k’s Wolf 3D engine
    Thanks for the encouragement! Remember, every time you say Metroidvania, God kills a kitten. Haha, just kidding, I'm just not very fond of the term, but I guess it's too solidified by now.
    So yeah your first two bullet points should be interesting. For FPS, it's not really what I'd have in plan for a while, especially because I get motion sickness when I play FPS. That said, technically challenging old systems is something we've done before and would be interesting to do it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Silly question: how do you know you'll announce it in June if you don't even know what it will be? Won't the type of game affect your planning, or are you only going to pick a game type and details that you're confident you can finish in a given (short?) period?
    The announcement is for the game development start, these 6 months until then is the time I'll take for planning and prototyping. As you all know I'm very open about what I'm doing and enjoy the communication with our player base, so the development phase will be one in which all of you are kept in the loop of how things are going.

    Thanks to all for participating in this conversation. I know it is off topic here, so I'll try to move the conversation elsewhere when I know more about what we're doing. It's great to see that there is interest here, and it gives me the boost I need to transition back full-time into game dev. I'll bring more news on that when it happens.

    I wish all of you a wonderful 2022 and I hope I can bring new games that will make it even more enjoyable.

    I'm going to make a new game for an exciting Sega platform. Visit my Patreon page.

  8. #14468
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    416
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    I haven't played Aliens 3 in ages, and I have to check Aliens Infestation to see what it is about. We do have a run 'n gun concept as well so maybe it can work for what you suggest.
    Hey if you can, also check the SNES version of Alien 3. It's is different from all others, and it's very good, graphics, sounds, you have to plan your missions ahead with maps in terminals, and much more, all while also gunning aliens with a lot of weapons. It does get a bit repetitive if you play for too long but has passwords.

    It is a bit of a sleeper and very underrated IMO.

  9. #14469
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    To everyone participating in the KS, I don't want to discourage anyone, but from the outside looking in, this sounds shady as hell. Just a weird campaign all around. Still wish WM the best, especially if their goal is to make right on all the negativity surrounding Paprium, but it seems like any crowd sourced campaign by WM inevitably comes off a bit questionable.

    Best of luck to WM and all the KS supporters. I really hope you all get the products you're funding.

    SEGA-Jorge
    I'm well aware. I don't give any money to Kickstarter campaigns that would hurt me if they fall through. If I lose it, I lose it and move on.

  10. #14470
    Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa - USA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbogus View Post
    I'm well aware. I don't give any money to Kickstarter campaigns that would hurt me if they fall through. If I lose it, I lose it and move on.
    That's what I think too. Especially for anybody who posts here, would know the risks involved. And in the pledging screen (yeah I did back this KS too) KS disclaimers are all over saying backing does not guarantee delivery.

    For me this was a very humbling KS. At one point I thought I understood what was the standing of video games on KS but it showed me that I was completely wrong. On the bright side, it lit the fire inside me (more like an inferno) to place all bets and start making games again. So regardless if what I backed gets delivered or not... I'm thankful for what I learned.

    I'm going to make a new game for an exciting Sega platform. Visit my Patreon page.

  11. #14471
    Wildside Expert Hairlesswookiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nieds16 View Post
    I had issues with payment because my bank flagged, but I didn't have issues with my selection. To get anything you had to select between just physical items, a digital copy of the game and ohysical add ons, or multiple just digital options with the system specificed. If you picked either of the first 2 options it would select you were paying $9 or $30 respectively then go to another add ons page. From there you would pick everything you wanted to purchase from what was available at that time as some items sold out over time. You would then select to submit the order and it would go to a confirmation page with a list of items and the totals. I also got an email with the same info when submitted. Sounds like you didn't select any add-ons. They are going you the option to do so not, but some items are sold out so they won't be an option anymore.
    Yeah I think I must've screwed it up because I changed it a couple of times as the campaign continued. First I only wanted the GG, then the Dreamcast, then I figured might as well get the newer Genesis version. Part of me is frustrated with how strange that process was, but then I'm also a little relieved that I saved some money and dodged a bullet in case they drag it out another couple of years. I'd really like to get the physical GG but I'll just wait and see if I can score a copy from someone here or perhaps Ebay (if they don't decide to sell these on their own site later down the road).
    Toys: PS5, PS3,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, Game Gear, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

    Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

  12. #14472
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Oh, they will sell them later (at +50% for each round).

  13. #14473
    JPEC83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    Yeah we're definitely missing more of those on the Mega Drive. And I definitely have a game concept that would work for that format.


    Thanks for the encouragement! Remember, every time you say Metroidvania, God kills a kitten. Haha, just kidding, I'm just not very fond of the term, but I guess it's too solidified by now.
    So yeah your first two bullet points should be interesting. For FPS, it's not really what I'd have in plan for a while, especially because I get motion sickness when I play FPS. That said, technically challenging old systems is something we've done before and would be interesting to do it again.
    I would definitely second and action/rpg as the MD had limited choice in that genre though what it did have was good. There are way too many "Metroidvanias" now so avoid doing yet another.

  14. #14474
    Outrunner nieds16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hairlesswookiee View Post
    Yeah I think I must've screwed it up because I changed it a couple of times as the campaign continued. First I only wanted the GG, then the Dreamcast, then I figured might as well get the newer Genesis version. Part of me is frustrated with how strange that process was, but then I'm also a little relieved that I saved some money and dodged a bullet in case they drag it out another couple of years. I'd really like to get the physical GG but I'll just wait and see if I can score a copy from someone here or perhaps Ebay (if they don't decide to sell these on their own site later down the road).
    I would suggest checking your emails. It should have sent your pledge if you did submit it so it there was an item that is "sold out" you have backing in your claim. If you want to ride the wave, do you. I waffled like 15 times it seemed. Single digital copy to all physical to digital plus physical then back to all physical followed by adding and deleting add-ons. In the end went with no new platforms. After so many changes I got used to the selection offering and what to do, but the setup was not user friendly. I didn't realize at first you could even do digital plus physical as digital only games were laid out as individual options designating the platforms where the digital plus physical never bothers to ask what platforms you want. I never found out how to do multiple digital with physical items as I considered getting a downloads for my nephew and still believe that wasn't even possible.

    Btw, not sure if anybody else saw it but in the final 5ish hours somebody screwed up and opened up the limited EU version for the MD. It was caught and fixed, but I was tempted. Wonder if any orders stuck by.

    As for the investing, I get why people would avoid. I stayed positive for a couple of years past when others went sour on the experience, but I got to the point where I came to terms that my money was gone. I got my order in the end though. I soldnsome stuff to reinvest in other items they are offering. Last time it was a shame on WM situation. If the project goes belly up it's a shame on me scenario as I've been through it with the hoard.
    Last edited by nieds16; 01-09-2022 at 09:25 AM.

  15. #14475
    Outrunner
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    687
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I spent an inordinate amount of time deciding whether to get another MD version (in the hopes the improvements would be meaningful), the Switch physical or both. In the end I decided not to risk $139 on the off chance the game would be improved so was going to just go with the Switch version, only I was too late by the time I went online to order as the KS had finished!

    Oh well, at least I was one of the lucky ones to get my copy from the original pre-orders.

    I do hope given the amount raised that the outstanding shipments for the original backers and refunds finally get issued, and then we can all move on from this saga.
    Last edited by crazyteknohed; 01-07-2022 at 02:26 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •