Quantcast

Page 929 of 939 FirstFirst ... 429829879919925926927928929930931932933 ... LastLast
Results 13,921 to 13,935 of 14072

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Death Adder's minion

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    You don't need to be a carpenter to see that a chair is in need of improvement.

You don't need to be a carpenter to see that a carpenter is making a bigger job of the chair than is necessary.

You don't need to be a carpenter to see that other carpenters are doing chairs, and doing them in a more customer friendly way than the first carpenter.

Pointing these things out is not 'hating.' It is just normal behaviour. Have fun on the forum calling us all turds.
    The turd part was to the user scalping the game and declaring a boot leg rom was the final solution.. oh now we can steal games. Yet some others are in the turd category for crying about sor/ga gfx used as satire... Crying to sega.

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Objectively speaking; it's interesting, from a development point of view, that the music and the graphics step towards that entry-level professional league, but the programming/design/balance/etc is definitely not.
    The music is absolutely professional quality. Some of the sprite work is pretty good as a still image. A lot of visuals don't hold up so well in motion. The animation work definitely feels more amateur.

No question about it, what held the game back was Fonzie. Everyone else who worked on the game seems to have done at least a decent job, and in some cases, a pretty great one.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    We heard about Langrisser 2, Vixen 357, Amb96, Project N. Could very well be these games.
    You know, you're probably right. It probably is those games. Of the four I'm most interested in seeing what happened with Project N.

How much did it cost?
    That I don't know... but I've never seen another indie Sega Genesis game get that kind of trailer. To rent the studio, hire an actor, add VFX, it all seems like a lot of effort when most people would have been happy to see two minutes of uninterrupted gameplay. What did the two-years-early release party cost? Everywhere you look in the Paprium development process you find expenses that might be OK if you have $10 million in funding from Microsoft, but make no sense for a small company. So when Fonzie says he didn't make any money from the project, I believe him, but the problem was entirely of his own making.

Who did not get paid? I asked about it several years ago and never got any feedback.
    I'd have to dig through the thread again myself. But I don't want to speak for anyone, hopefully people did get paid in the end.

How long did it take to develop the troll game?

Where did you read it was developed as a protection against clone hardware?
    My impression of the troll game is that it's being used as copy protection. That's why that first dump is just the same 64k repeated over and over for 4 MB.
    Last edited by axel; 02-23-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Funny that we were to keep this about the game itself as said by mods and yet this is the bash Fonzie thread again when the other exists. Need to find another place to discuss and find secrets and or bugs since i did find a few during my full play through of very hard mode.

Road Rasher

I agree that a Paprium secrets thread would be helpful, but how can we not speak about Fonzie hes quite the character!

Well i will share something i learned and it was through playing with Baba. Attachment 15918 Happened after i was plowing through guys trying to go as fast as possible since Baba is the most op guy you can play as. The healthbar fixed itself after about 2 or 3 secs. When you do his jump attack while not running first you can also have him land 2-3 hits per animation if you land on the guy just right. I found some decent ways to cheese guys but as far as secrets go i have not found anything that was not posted on the unofficial guide site as of yet.

How long did it take to develop the troll game?

Where did you read it was developed as a protection against clone hardware?
    Why haven't I got my refund?

What is wrong with people speculating?

Do you have any business ties to WM?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by XeroShinobi View Post
    The music is absolutely professional quality. Some of the sprite work is pretty good as a still image. A lot of visuals don't hold up so well in motion. The animation work definitely feels more amateur.

No question about it, what held the game back was Fonzie. Everyone else who worked on the game seems to have done at least a decent job, and in some cases, a pretty great one.
    I was under the impression that ALL the in-game art was basically done (2014) before he even got around to implementing a real game engine (and not just a demo) - that's by his own admission in the recent interview. If that's true, that's a bit odd way to do things haha. But yeah some of the animation is a 'wtf why did they do that?? That can't be right.." Like he knew he was missing some frames but made it work anyway? Dunno.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    as far as secrets go i have not found anything that was not posted on the unofficial guide site as of yet.
    Which site is that, pray tell?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyteknohed View Post
    Which site is that, pray tell?
    http://wafflenet.com/paprium.html

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    Funny that we were to keep this about the game itself as said by mods and yet this is the bash Fonzie thread again when the other exists. Need to find another place to discuss and find secrets and or bugs since i did find a few during my full play through of very hard mode.
    There are FOUR threads for this damn game. I'm not making any more threads.

I'd be curious to see some screen shots from those who play the game on the Mega SG with dither blending activated. Is it like the old leaked images (e.g. the glass elevator)?

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    I was under the impression that ALL the in-game art was basically done (2014) before he even got around to implementing a real game engine (and not just a demo) - that's by his own admission in the recent interview. If that's true, that's a bit odd way to do things haha. But yeah some of the animation is a 'wtf why did they do that?? That can't be right.." Like he knew he was missing some frames but made it work anyway? Dunno.
    What a crazy way to design a game. But in a way that makes the finished product all the more impressive -- imagine starting off with graphics and sound assets that can't even run on the base hardware and relying on an add-on chip that doesn't exist yet to bring it all together. It's a miracle the game runs as well as it does.

That's why in spite of Fonzie's craziness I have to give the guy credit for one thing, he kept going despite numerous setbacks and lots of people telling him to just give up and port the game to a modern platform. Not many people can keep working toward a goal for that length of time.
    Last edited by axel; 02-23-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Frost Blossom's Avatar

so, the game has been out for long enough at this point. has there been any like definitive "true" ending found or is it all the same thing at the end just with a different smiley face icon on your file?

Haven't played it in awhile but even beating it multiple times in different ways the only difference was the smiley face.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    There are FOUR threads for this damn game. I'm not making any more threads.
    I did not say make another thread. You said use the shipping one for grievances last i checked. Edit: it was Baloo.
    Last edited by zredgemz; 02-23-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Thread Information