Quantcast

Page 910 of 951 FirstFirst ... 410810860900906907908909910911912913914920 ... LastLast
Results 13,636 to 13,650 of 14265

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    I hope you are right. I'm almost at the point that if I get the Investor's Edition that I paid for back in March of 2012, then I may just not open it and sell it on eBay for $300 or more.
    I want my parcels like anyone else i just find it amusing that people will go to great lengths to try and force a move on Fonzie and it has not worked thus far. Like with holding the mega wire site and such. I do hope Fonzie can put together those artboard boxes faster so we can all have our copies.

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    I want my parcels like anyone else i just find it amusing that people will go to great lengths to try and force a move on Fonzie and it has not worked thus far. Like with holding the mega wire site and such. I do hope Fonzie can put together those artboard boxes faster so we can all have our copies.
    I can't try & force a move on Fonzie, which is likely the case for most people. However, I can refer to him as a punk, which is definitely an accurate description of his business practices.

Pap - A nipple of the breast; a teat.

rium - Place (arium) or seems to just indicate plurality.

Paprium = Nipples a many?

Anybody else come across something similar to this?

Hmmmm.....

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

I'm only glancing at the thread, but I can say that it's nearly 100% certain that SEGA is NOT going to care about him copying sprites, or almost-copying sprites.

Nintendo would care. Sega doesn't care about stuff like this, and they've even encouraged people to hack their classic games, like the Sonic games. Heck they even published people's hacks, i.e. Sonic Mania, and the mobile enhanced ports of the Sonic games. They're basically really good hacks and SEGA embraced it.

Well anyway, lol. I just saw a bunch of posts about SEGA serving a cease-and-desist, and that's an idea that's not going to happen.

However, Fonzie's lack of contact has been very lame, and after all this time, I still can't dig the art style and colors used. Of course, for some folks, it's probably perfect artwork and colors, I guess

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    Paprium = Nipples a many?
    I wish, there's not enough nipples in this game. I applaud Fonzie for putting in robo-nips though.
    this sissified era needs more nudity in their games, too many been sipping their soy drinks and shrinking their balls.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    I'm only glancing at the thread, but I can say that it's nearly 100% certain that SEGA is NOT going to care about him copying sprites, or almost-copying sprites.
    There's no "almost", they're carbon copies. The only thing that might be altered are the color palettes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    Sega doesn't care about stuff like this, and they've even encouraged people to hack their classic games, like the Sonic games.
    Free hacks. No money was involved. It's a bit different here.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    I wish, there's not enough nipples in this game. I applaud Fonzie for putting in robo-nips though.
    this sissified era needs more nudity in their games, too many been sipping their soy drinks and shrinking their balls.
    The boobie robots were an interesting inclusion in the game 😂

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    The boobie robots were an interesting inclusion in the game 😂
    They’re interesting, but not so original it seems. It appears Robo Army on the Neo Geo did the whole armless, evil, laser-firing titty drone thing 30 years before Paprium.

8BFE67F0-7170-461F-AE51-23DDA418626C.jpg
    Last edited by deadpixels; 01-28-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Frost Blossom's Avatar

the thing on my mind is -

Why Streets 1 and Golden Axe 3? Those definitely aren't the most popular of those franchises. Maybe it's Fonzie's faves?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Blossom View Post

Why Streets 1 and Golden Axe 3? Those definitely aren't the most popular of those franchises. Maybe it's Fonzie's faves?
    They're the ugliest in the series too. I may be reading too much into this, but perhaps Fonzie wanted us to compare "just how pretty Paprium is" compared to "other genesis games".

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benkei789 View Post
    They're the ugliest in the series too. I may be reading too much into this, but perhaps Fonzie wanted us to compare "just how pretty Paprium is" compared to "other genesis games".
    That was my thought too. To highlight the sprite size difference, in particular.
    However, I don't think he picked Golden Axe III because it's "ugly". It's just his favorite out of the 3 Mega Drive Golden Axe games. I remember someone quoting him on that.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Both inspired Paprium, nothing less, nothing more.
    Last edited by nihilblack; 01-28-2021 at 02:45 PM.

They are his favorites he talked about it in a old audio interview about when he was a child. https://anchor.fm/thesegalounge/epis...n-Games-eagk5c
    Last edited by zredgemz; 01-28-2021 at 02:49 PM.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

I'm glad he picked the skeleton enemies in the Golden Axe stage, those were always the coolest.
    now that's something I'd like to see made, a brawler game based on Greek mythology. with skeletons and big cyclop bosses and sea monsters and that stuff.
    pretty much like Golden Axe but more of a Jason and the Argonauts kinda feel.

same sized sprites though, none of that Paprium flicker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by inqualls View Post
    Well, I hope while they are contacting Sega, these noble and respectable individuals don't forget to mention their hundreds of illegally downloaded Sega roms that they play on emulated Sega consoles. How very 2021 of them.

God, I miss the 90's when people had lives and weren't total lemmings.
    Best Post in this thread.

Thread Information