Quantcast

Page 919 of 951 FirstFirst ... 419819869909915916917918919920921922923929 ... LastLast
Results 13,771 to 13,785 of 14265

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Death Adder's minion

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    I noticed a pattern and it always involves Us investor copies in more then one quantity and or sticks. I assume you have one of these configurations?
    Mine is 2x Investor Japanese, and should also also include the stick, BUT, It said 'out of stock' when confirming items and could not be added to the order.
    Now everytime I log on WM I get a "You have at least one pre-ordered item ready to be shipped!", and when I click on it I get the 'Some previously-paid pre-orders couldn't be added to your order due to lack of stocks.' message.

"Shipping..." from Las Vegas since '15/12/2020 - 17:14'

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    Hi guys, sharing one of the better and balanced reviews on Paprium. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlIzeNasgvo
    I watched, and it looks good to me. Hits my expectations. I just hope we get the game.

Hey all some of you might remember me from the MGF forums. I'm mostly a lurker here, but I have some things to share. I am awaiting a lot of investors copies one limited and two grand sticks. I decided to take a shot and call the number Fonz left on the MGF site. if you want to try to call the number remove the (0) otherwise the call will fail. I got a voicemail in French which I do not speak. no answer, I think ill stay up late and give it two or three more tries. Like zredgemz said i think there is a correlation between the investor sticks and a delay. its bullshit to see investors who bought in 2013 delayed while many others have their copies. After 8 years i am actually glad to know that its real, just want my shipment.

let me know what you guys find out. id suggest calling i mean why not. gods speed to all my paprium investors I just want my products at this point.

edit: also most shipping services in the US (fedex,ups,usps) have free services that allow you to track your mail and see as soon as a shipping label is created for your address. I have been heavily monitoring all of these services waiting for a label from Vegas. I suggest if you are not already a participant, to enroll in USPS informed delivery at least.
    Last edited by nugs187; 02-06-2021 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nugs187 View Post
    Hey all some of you might remember me from the MGF forums. I'm mostly a lurker here, but I have some things to share. I am awaiting a lot of investors copies one limited and two grand sticks. I decided to take a shot and call the number Fonz left on the MGF site. if you want to try to call the number remove the (0) otherwise the call will fail. I got a voicemail in French which I do not speak. no answer, I think ill stay up late and give it two or three more tries. Like zredgemz said i think there is a correlation between the investor sticks and a delay. its bullshit to see investors who bought in 2013 delayed while many others have their copies. After 8 years i am actually glad to know that its real, just want my shipment.

let me know what you guys find out. id suggest calling i mean why not. gods speed to all my paprium investors I just want my products at this point.

edit: also most shipping services in the US (fedex,ups,usps) have free services that allow you to track your mail and see as soon as a shipping label is created for your address. I have been heavily monitoring all of these services waiting for a label from Vegas. I suggest if you are not already a participant, to enroll in USPS informed delivery at least.
    I remember. I called the number as well and Fonzie was the one who answered. The answer he gave me is that the sticks have to be counted and the rest would be shipped where they need to be. For the US it would have to go to the shipping company in Vegas and for Europe i assume Fonize is shipping those himself. As far as when games would be shipped he said there was a issue with the US shipping company what issue i forgot since this was a couple of days ago when i called. I have no doubt the games will ship. My issue is not knowing what the hold ups are and how much longer. The stick bit does worry me though.

Wildside Expert Groovemaster303's Avatar

Just a little remix of Retro Beat

Sports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    I remember. I called the number as well and Fonzie was the one who answered. The answer he gave me is that the sticks have to be counted and the rest would be shipped where they need to be. For the US it would have to go to the shipping company in Vegas and for Europe i assume Fonize is shipping those himself. As far as when games would be shipped he said there was a issue with the US shipping company what issue i forgot since this was a couple of days ago when i called. I have no doubt the games will ship. My issue is not knowing what the hold ups are and how much longer. The stick bit does worry me though.
    See the concern I have with this is with WM there is always an issue with the third party - be it PayPal (more than once) or now the US shipping company...

I also have no idea why when I am in the UK, and the other guy who was from Eastern Europe - why are our orders coming from the US? While Brexit causes it's own issues for those of us in the UK, there is no sense in risking people paying more for customs/import tax if you have a base in Europe and can ship from there to buyers in Europe - why would you ever ship to these addresses from the USA?

As I said, now Brexit has happened, it's likely UK buyers would have to pay import tax on items sent from Europe anyway, but it's guaranteed coming from the US - looks to me like I will have to pay around 12, plus the standard Royal Mail customs charge of around 8, so can look forward to paying another 20 minimum once this does finally make it's way into the UK.

Sports Talker

Also (conspiracy theory time) I find it odd that people who are prominent on YouTube (Joe Redifer and John Hancock spring to mind) have received theirs, I am assuming from the US shipping address - could it be that some names were prioritised to give the impression that everything had shipped and to keep an obvious public lid on any bad press around shipping?!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cawley1 View Post
    See the concern I have with this is with WM there is always an issue with the third party - be it PayPal (more than once) or now the US shipping company...

I also have no idea why when I am in the UK, and the other guy who was from Eastern Europe - why are our orders coming from the US? While Brexit causes it's own issues for those of us in the UK, there is no sense in risking people paying more for customs/import tax if you have a base in Europe and can ship from there to buyers in Europe - why would you ever ship to these addresses from the USA?

As I said, now Brexit has happened, it's likely UK buyers would have to pay import tax on items sent from Europe anyway, but it's guaranteed coming from the US - looks to me like I will have to pay around 12, plus the standard Royal Mail customs charge of around 8, so can look forward to paying another 20 minimum once this does finally make it's way into the UK.
    You may actually luck out in paying less on imports from the US as a result of Brexit. I ordered an Analogue Mega SG which arrived in the UK on 30th December and had to pay an additional 45 in tax on top of the 40odd VAT and 12 FedEx fee. This was because of trade tariffs imposed by the EU as a result of the US/EU Boeing/Airbus disagreement! Had the item arrived on the 1st Jan I wouldn't have had to pay the additional 45....

Those in Europe having it shipped from the US will certainly be hit by having to pay for imports unless the item is marked as a gift with a value of 35 or something. Legitimate businesses tend not to play this game though!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by cawley1 View Post
    Also (conspiracy theory time) I find it odd that people who are prominent on YouTube (Joe Redifer and John Hancock spring to mind) have received theirs, I am assuming from the US shipping address - could it be that some names were prioritised to give the impression that everything had shipped and to keep an obvious public lid on any bad press around shipping?!
    I mean it makes sense. They ran out of money and couldn't ship all the units that people ordered. So they scraped up some money, produced enough carts for 'influencers', and used that hype to sell new pre-orders.. at a much higher price. And in that thinking, the new orders cover the cost to get out the remaining original orders. Or at least covers that cost indirectly. i.e. they borrowed money to get the remaining orders produced, keeping their status in shipped or packing/prepping, so there's still a delay - but the perception is that all orders are shipping, thus - alleviating any perception that they aren't capable of delivering on future orders. Whether they borrowed, betting that selling new others covers that loan cost and is still profitable, or didn't borrow - and selling the new preorders to cover the remaining units directly.. will be indicated when the remaining original orders are received. If they're received at the same time as this new pre-order, then it was latter (no borrowing). I mean yeah it's all speculation, but given this game's pre-orders is just shy of a decade, and given st1ka's documentary on WM finances, I think it's safe to say that original money ran out and they didn't have enough to cover all the unit manufacturing. It's not really wild conspiracy considering similar things have happened in business and industry. I'm not knocking them for that strategy, especially if it means games get out to the original backers. The alternative would have been no one received a copy. The production value on the manual, extras, in game content - is insanely high from everything that I've seen. Even at $169 for the new pre-orders, they shouldn't have any problem selling them at that price. I also suspect that the timing of releasing it in December was probably not accidental (things were probably ready to ship a couple of months before that). There's a lot of psychology that goes into business strategy haha.

Also, I really regret not ordering the arcade stick haha.
    Last edited by turboxray; 02-06-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Nameless One

We need this guy to return and dump this game :

https://hardwear.io/the-hague-2018/s...on-village.php

Paprium Rom:
    https://www62.zippyshare.com/v/LObmFJJO/file.html
    Needs to be cracked though.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SBlaise84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ufoDave View Post
    Paprium Rom:
    Old news, and that's just the mini game. The full dump would be 80MB I believe and is not going to happen any time soon.
    Last edited by Melf; 02-06-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SBlaise84 View Post
    The full dump would be 80MB
    Akshually 80 Mb, ie: 10 MB.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SBlaise84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Akshually 80 Mb, ie: 10 MB.
    Either way, not the full dump of the game. But thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ufoDave View Post
    Paprium Rom:
    Mini game or not, no ROM sharing on the forum, please.

Thread Information