Quantcast

Page 907 of 951 FirstFirst ... 407807857897903904905906907908909910911917 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,605 of 14265

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    The fact he has only been voicing his discontent at us and not at Fonzie. Anyway, I believe everyone's opinions have been made clear. As I said, I do hope you get your games. Time will tell.
    Because spit hate aint' get me to anywhere and even won't deliver my game faster, the name of this is catarse and by the way it should already get pass in everyone, more catarse than we already had is considered decease...
    "There's no knowledge, that is not power..."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SBlaise84's Avatar

I swear, this game and it's development is a toxic Russian nesting doll of drama and bullsh*t that just gets worse and worse. It's got half the long term members here infighting, and it's truly incredible how Fonzie seems to pathologically get in his own way and cause problems.

Oh and not for nothing but if you look at his join date of December 2020 that Pain guy is almost guaranteed to be a troll, and is just trying to stir the pot.

Also, from reading other forums like VR on 4chan, etc I can tell you people are digging into the code and picking this game apart right now. There is no way that this Pain dude is the 1st person to contact Sega. So keeping those stolen assets hush hush over in Sega-16 does nothing. And since it's just the one guy who's admitted to ratting on Fonzie, why get so angry at Stifu or anyone else? Even if they're defending the jerk it's not like they did it.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by SBlaise84 View Post
    I swear, this game and it's development is a toxic Russian nesting doll of drama and bullsh*t that just gets worse and worse. It's got half the long term members here infighting, and it's truly incredible how Fonzie seems to pathologically get in his own way and cause problems.
    This kind of drama is why I hang out on video game forums in the first place. Paprium is like the gift that keeps on giving, it is now vying for the longest running soap opera in retrogaming, right up there with Billy Mitchell's fake records or the copy of Aerofighters 3 that sold for $30k.

When I saw the stolen sprites I laughed my ass off picturing Fonzie getting a letter in the mail from Sega and he's there thinking "oh boy! oh boy! This is it, they're finally going to hire me!" only to open it and find a sternly worded letter from the legal department!

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    This kind of drama is why I hang out on video game forums in the first place. Paprium is like the gift that keeps on giving, it is now vying for the longest running soap opera in retrogaming, right up there with Billy Mitchell's fake records or the copy of Aerofighters 3 that sold for $30k.
    The Coleco Chameleon fraud was also fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
    The Coleco Chameleon fraud was also fun.
    Oh man, I still can't think about that Jaguar shell stuffed with laptop RAM and not laugh my ass off. Simpler times, fellas. Simpler times.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain for Fun View Post
    Here is the email screen shot of the reply back I got from from Sega. That is all I have until they contact me back with more information.

Attachment 15862

I am curious as to what this said now as even I cannot view this attachment.

That being said, let's stop flaming each other over the development and sale of this game for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker inqualls's Avatar

Well, I hope while they are contacting Sega, these noble and respectable individuals don't forget to mention their hundreds of illegally downloaded Sega roms that they play on emulated Sega consoles. How very 2021 of them.

God, I miss the 90's when people had lives and weren't total lemmings.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by inqualls View Post
    Well, I hope while they are contacting Sega, these noble and respectable individuals don't forget to mention their hundreds of illegally downloaded Sega roms that they play on emulated Sega consoles. How very 2021 of them.

God, I miss the 90's when people had lives and weren't total lemmings.
    Imagine not being able to distinguish between a product for sale/profit that infringes on copyright, and something non-profit community driven.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pain for Fun View Post
    Pretty sure SEGA will be taking legal action against Fonzie & WaterMelon Games by the response I got back from SEGA when I emailed them a few days ago.
    What an idiotic thing to do, really. Fonzie shouldn't have done that, but man, you're on another level of being a moron.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post

When I saw the stolen sprites I laughed my ass off picturing Fonzie getting a letter in the mail from Sega and he's there thinking "oh boy! oh boy! This is it, they're finally going to hire me!" only to open it and find a sternly worded letter from the legal department!
    So I've wasted a whole chunk of my evening googling Aero Fighters $30k and reading the many threads and articles!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker inqualls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Imagine not being able to distinguish between a product for sale/profit that infringes on copyright, and something non-profit community driven.
    Regardless of for profit or non-profit, if you are not the license owner of the material it is copyright infringement. I don't get your point? You have to get permission either way. Also, one generates revenue and the other one doesn't. Not to mention, every individual software comes with its own disseminate terms and agreements. Not sure how they WOULDN'T be distinguishable?

Look, I'm not condoning plagiarism. It's the hypocrisy of peoples actions that I can't stand. Reporting Paprium now isn't going to change the fact that many first editions have already hit the public. All it really does is potentially screw over many of your fellow gamer who have been waiting for almost 8 years now. Also, the individuals who are reporting Paprium to Sega are the very same ones who would illegally download the rom the second it got dumped.

Geesh, this thread is starting to go down a bad path. The topic is clearly too controversial.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Pain for Fun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SBlaise84 View Post

Oh and not for nothing but if you look at his join date of December 2020 that Pain guy is almost guaranteed to be a troll, and is just trying to stir the pot.

Also, from reading other forums like VR on 4chan, etc I can tell you people are digging into the code and picking this game apart right now. There is no way that this Pain dude is the 1st person to contact Sega. So keeping those stolen assets hush hush over in Sega-16 does nothing. And since it's just the one guy who's admitted to ratting on Fonzie, why get so angry at Stifu or anyone else? Even if they're defending the jerk it's not like they did it.
    I am not a troll, where did you come up with that from? I registered my account in 2018 but never knew how to get it activated until someone on YouTube told me I had to contact Melf to get it activated.

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher tokay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inqualls View Post
    Geesh, this thread is starting to go down a bad path. The topic is clearly too controversial.
    I think it went downhill way before, and Baloo merging topics was a terrible idea.
    What I find the most pathetic are people speculating and drawing systematic negative conclusions for each and every new thing popping up.
    For example, a few pages ago, some were claiming that there were different revisions of the game sent and starting calling Fonzie a thief even more... when it turned out it was just a matter of region settings.
    Bunch of liars who only want to bash Fonzie no matter what. Never coming back on their false statements and most likely did not even play the game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    For example, a few pages ago, some were claiming that there were different revisions of the game sent and starting calling Fonzie a thief even more... when it turned out it was just a matter of region settings.
    Bunch of liars who only want to bash Fonzie no matter what. Never coming back on their false statements and most likely did not even play the game.
    I remember formulating a hypothesis that there might be different revisions. It was not a claim, and it was certainly not a negative comment either. Looking back, I can't see anyone calling Fonzie a thief at that point of the discussion. Was that your best example of systematic negativity?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Pain for Fun's Avatar

I did not join the SEGA-16 forum to make anyone angry, let me make that very clear. If I made anyone angry, then I do apologize & it was never my intent to piss people off. You can ether except it or not, I can not change your opinion on the matter.

Thread Information