Quantcast

Page 539 of 960 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 14393

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

  1. #8071
    16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,446
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnavas View Post
    Is it actually possible to get the transaction reversed by your bank? I hadn't thought to call them and try.
    The problem I have is it's been 6 years! PayPal won't do anything so I've contacted the bank fraud folk. I've got email receipts of everything and transaction logs on PayPal so I hope they can help me!


  2. #8072
    Sports Talker Mathius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnavas View Post
    Hey Joe, could you bring some exposure to this farcical situation? I feel like nobody is talking about it and we're all being ignored right now. Multiple excuses and delays is one thing, but the laughable "party" along with refund requests being ignored and e-mails being shut down is escalating this beyond incompetence and I'm genuinely feeling like I've been scammed right now.
    I was thinking the same thing. Joe-Joe, you could even fly to France and shove a microphone in Fonzie's face through his barely cracked door before he has a chance to close it hehe. Seriously though I haven't seen any other large media outlets tackling this story but somebody really needs to!
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

  3. #8073
    Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Outer Space 2
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,449
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    The problem I have is it's been 6 years! PayPal won't do anything so I've contacted the bank fraud folk. I've got email receipts of everything and transaction logs on PayPal so I hope they can help me!
    Who are the bank fraud folk? I'm thinking of jumping ship too...

  4. #8074
    16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,446
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Who are the bank fraud folk? I'm thinking of jumping ship too...
    I'm with Natwest Cleeg. Do a quick search your bank should have one. Collect together your PayPal transactions. Also request a refund from WM (you won't get one but you need to show you've tried)


  5. #8075
    Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,622
    Rep Power
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that no one had a meltdown at that party after seeing the state of the game. It must have been the most understanding group of gamers ever.
    Were the MMA fighters working security too? That could have a chilling effect on anyone who wanted to speak up. I'd assumed they were there for eye candy/homoerotic titillation, but...

  6. #8076
    Toejam is a wiener. SEGA-Jorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,624
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Now people are speaking in the right tone...

  7. #8077
    WCPO Agent Mad Moham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    942
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Some of the posts that were made early in this thread are hilarious to look back on, here's my favourite (and its from 2012):


    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceFlea View Post
    I think you should just take everyone's money and run for the hills.

  8. #8078
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    871
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Were the MMA fighters working security too? That could have a chilling effect on anyone who wanted to speak up. I'd assumed they were there for eye candy/homoerotic titillation, but...
    Were those actual MMA fighters? I thought that was just folks joking around. Even if that's the case, I have seen a mob of angry people overwhelm the paid help before.

  9. #8079
    Raging in the Streets Sik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,166
    Rep Power
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    Seriously though I haven't seen any other large media outlets tackling this story but somebody really needs to!
    And you all would get laughed at first for paying for a game for what should be a dead console (no, Tanglewood's publicity isn't enough yet in my opinion), then for how much money was sunk on something like this without much to show, and how much long has passed before the mass refunds started, etc. etc. And then everybody will move on onto the next story about whatever stupid gimmick the next AAA game of turn happens to have.

    In other words, not worth it, you'll get nothing out of it.

  10. #8080
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,295
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    Were those actual MMA fighters? I thought that was just folks joking around. Even if that's the case, I have seen a mob of angry people overwhelm the paid help before.
    On the French forum someone asked them and they said they were legit MMA fighters. Obviously I have no idea what arrangement Fonzie made with them but from the looks of things I would guess they were paid just for their appearance at the event. I say that because someone asking you to be at a club and take photos is one thing, but saying "I need you two with me at all times in case an angry mob tries to kill me" is a very different sales pitch and would have cost Fonzie a lot more.

  11. #8081
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    If i remember correctly thats ehat happened to pier solar with the sprite artist.
    Wait, the first sprite artist left because he wasn't paid?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

  12. #8082
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    On the French forum someone asked them and they said they were legit MMA fighters. Obviously I have no idea what arrangement Fonzie made with them but from the looks of things I would guess they were paid just for their appearance at the event. I say that because someone asking you to be at a club and take photos is one thing, but saying "I need you two with me at all times in case an angry mob tries to kill me" is a very different sales pitch and would have cost Fonzie a lot more.
    Also if you do security you get paid a lot more and you definately don't dress like that. Seriously, though, this thread is approaching Fonzie levels of craziness
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

  13. #8083
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,295
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Seriously, though, this thread is approaching Fonzie levels of craziness
    That's why I keep coming back

    I don't know if this applies since transactions have happened in multiple countries but it looks like in the U.S. there is a five year statute of limitations on wire fraud, which is what I presume is the charge when you take money electronically? Anyone planning to sue better do it soon.

    https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal-...te-limitations

  14. #8084
    Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa - USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    If i remember correctly that's what happened to pier solar with the sprite artist.
    Okay now let's not distort the facts. If you're talking about Alex Landgren, that has nothing to do with it. Nobody in Pier Solar expected to be paid, it was a community project from the start, and it would have been released for free if it had stayed only on the Mega CD (which is what explain the original release at 35$ because we had no intentions of profiting of the game). The reason he left is because we wanted the whole team to sign a NDA and he refused to. At that point he asked to leave and prohibited us from using his art, which triggered the original 2008 delay and a whole lot of changes in the project art, menu systems, etc.

    2021 will be the year 2Dream!

  15. #8085
    Sports Talker Mathius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    Okay now let's not distort the facts. If you're talking about Alex Landgren, that has nothing to do with it. Nobody in Pier Solar expected to be paid, it was a community project from the start, and it would have been released for free if it had stayed only on the Mega CD (which is what explain the original release at 35$ because we had no intentions of profiting of the game). The reason he left is because we wanted the whole team to sign a NDA and he refused to. At that point he asked to leave and prohibited us from using his art, which triggered the original 2008 delay and a whole lot of changes in the project art, menu systems, etc.
    If you are legally free to say-Was the NDA for just the behind the scenes development as a whole? Or was it something deeper? I'll understand if you can't speak of such matters. I'm just confused why an NDA would be necessary for a homebrew game. I mean no offense.
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 6 guests)

  1. Vektor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •