Quantcast

Page 556 of 959 FirstFirst ... 56456506546552553554555556557558559560566606656 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 14379

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    For those willing to throw their money on anything 2D and beat'em up, I recommend this:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/674520/FightN_Rage/

It has solid pixel art and gameplay.
    The developer is actually good at listening to its community and keeps improving the game.
    Oh wow...I might have to order that one. Everything looks so fluid and fast paced, just as a beat 'em up should be.
    The only thing holding me back is the lack of a wire to connect to my phone and automatically post my progress to Twitter, I mean how can you publish a game without such basic functionality? Also winter is coming and any game I buy is going to have to come with a leather jacket, otherwise I'm not interested.

I'm happy to see Nintendo Life pick up this story. Fonzie needs to be exposed far and wide.

For those willing to throw their money on anything 2D and beat'em up, I recommend this:

The developer is actually good at listening to its community and keeps improving the game.
    Hell yes on that one. A great game with a lot of replayability, on top of every else it offers.

Currently Reviewing: Desert Strike (SMS), Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done: Jim Power: The Lost Dimension

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Oh my.. the levels of perviness in that game was enough for me never to buy it.. that and lack of online co-op. If you are going to release a multiplayer game like this on Steam, at least make it online co-op! Looks fast and fluid though.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chinitosoccer View Post
    Where can I pre order this? WM webpage does not accept my CC
    Flush it down the toilet. Goes to the same place. Where there is a load of shit and to never be seen again.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    Oh my.. the levels of perviness in that game was enough for me never to buy it.. that and lack of online co-op. If you are going to release a multiplayer game like this on Steam, at least make it online co-op! Looks fast and fluid though.
    I agree, the "fan service" is a bit too much to me... also, the excessive flashiness gives me headaches (shaking, flashing, fire, etc all the time). That aside, the game does look great, and I appreciated the arcade Capcom game bootup screen homage. I'll try to avoid these (admittedly subjective) flaws in my own game (that I'll never finish anyway because I'm bad).

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    Oh my.. the levels of perviness in that game was enough for me never to buy it..
    That's a shitty excuse, especially for someone who was supporting Paprium which has lots of flamboyant gay crap.

That's a shitty excuse, especially for someone who was supporting Paprium which has lots of flamboyant gay crap.
    I'm not a fan of the overdone "macho man" theme of Paprium either, but all of this is subjective. He may just like the graphic design of Paprium better than the Fight'N Rage one overall, that's fine and not necessarily contradictory or hypocritical.

Hero of Algol

He cited "perviness" as a reason to never buy the game.
    And such a "thing" is present in games such as Final Fight, SOR, KOF, Fatal Fury, MK, etc. So, a shitty excuse IMHO.

True, but it's more or less present in each of these games (Final Fight only has Jessica and Poison / Roxy, that's pretty tame). I'm not sure any of these games has as much DoA-level boob jiggling as Fight'N Rage does. Even Mai Shiranui might not be as sexualized as Gal. And in Fatal Fury / KoF, Mai is just one playable character among many others, not one out of three. Add to that those nearly-naked women you have to save (from what I've seen from the few videos I've watched), and Fight'N Rage is definitely not on the same level as most of the games you cited.
    Last edited by Stifu; 12-03-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Final Fight did get censored on consoles over that stuff though, remember. OK, Nintendo took it to absurd extents ("punching women is bad!" …even when they're part of the baddies), Sega took a more rational approach to it (they just covered up Poison a bit, very easy to overlook if you aren't explicitly looking for the change).

But yeah, Fight'n Rage takes it to an absurd extent that just looks plain dumb (because it doesn't even feel sexy either…). When it's done properly there's a high chance that you actually won't even think about it, ironically.

Wildside Expert

Someone on the wm website says there was a person who had played the paprium version with enemies prior to the party.

" I know some people who test it..", Some news a the end on this month i think ... ", translated from french: " he isnt part of WM and played the version with enemies which should have normally been presented" , "It was on actual hardware", "game should be in debug state".
    "I don't know why (it wasnt shown afterwards), we tried convincing him to do so..."

I have no garantee this is real but thought I could share this info with you.
    Last edited by Arm; 12-03-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Final Fight did get censored on consoles over that stuff though, remember.
    Yeah well, everything got censored those days... even the Christian crosses in Super Ghouls & Ghosts. It's almost a miracle that Haggar and pals haven't been portrayed as handing candy bars to bad guys to defeat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm View Post
    Someone on the wm website says there was a person who had played the paprium version with enemies prior to the party.
    In my opinion, this is irrelevant as long as Fonzie remains silent. Maybe he lost the game sources or had to make radical changes to the game. Whatever happened, the game is obviously nowhere near ready to ship.
    Last edited by Stifu; 12-03-2018 at 03:58 PM.

This seems nice. I like the "hit counter" similiar to the one found in Sengoku 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    True, but it's more or less present in each of these games (Final Fight only has Jessica and Poison / Roxy, that's pretty tame). I'm not sure any of these games have as much DoA-level boob jiggling as Fight'N Rage does. Even Mai Shiranui might not be as sexualized as Gal. And in Fatal Fury / KoF, Mai is just one playable character among many others, not one out of three. Add to that those nearly-naked women you have to save (from what I've seen from the few videos I've watched), and Fight'N Rage is definitely not on the same level as most of the games you cited.
    These were my first thoughts exactly. I felt that the overblown breast physics were distracting. In games like Fatal Fury it was done "tastefully". Gal's are just ridiculous.
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

Hero of Algol

Fair enough. Good luck waiting for vaporware Paprium.

Thread Information