Quantcast

Page 903 of 960 FirstFirst ... 403803853893899900901902903904905906907913953 ... LastLast
Results 13,531 to 13,545 of 14388

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crazyteknohed View Post
    People, lets postpone this campaign to grass Fonzie up to Sega until EVERYONE has received their pre-order.
    Assuming this will ever happen. Considering how everything has been handled until now, I'd be surprised if everyone received what they paid for.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker peido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixels View Post
    Vindication is sweet and all, but let's not screw over the rest of the community just for the sake of throwing that mustachioed muppet under the bus.
    I totally agree with this.

Sports Talker

Hello mate,
    I see you are also in the UK, and received your game on 22/01 - can you tell me where it was being shipped from (Las Vegas or elsewhere?), if you ever got a tracking number sent, or did it ever update from 'Shipping...' on the order page.
    Also, what version of the game did you order?

Would be useful to know the above, to see where received games are being sent from, and which versions are being sent might show what stock they have (had).

Thanks,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday after possibly my worst shift ever, so it was quite a nice surprise. The grand stick is, well, grand! But that leather thong, yikes. I just have this image of Fonzie wearing only those, a fag dangling nonchalantly from his bottom lip casually and smugly packing each box up, knowing everyone hates him but loving the whole experience.

I wish I hadn't mind!

Here's a question: Given that all ROMs get dumped some time, how likely is it that this would be playable with an FPGA device in the future? Also, think of the improvement hacks that could be made.

Death Adder's minion

Quote Originally Posted by cawley1 View Post
    Hello mate,
    I see you are also in the UK, and received your game on 22/01 - can you tell me where it was being shipped from (Las Vegas or elsewhere?), if you ever got a tracking number sent, or did it ever update from 'Shipping...' on the order page.
    Also, what version of the game did you order?

Would be useful to know the above, to see where received games are being sent from, and which versions are being sent might show what stock they have (had).

Thanks,
    Paul
    Would be nice to have (again) a dedicated topic for this, since its almost impossible to keep track of this kind of information on a (soon to be) 160+ pages topic.

Also, the topic about hardware revisions was very interesting, now Ive got also a Genesis II, with the smaller board, but the brazilian version does not seem to match the rest of the world versions

Quote Originally Posted by Surfin View Post
    Would be nice to have (again) a dedicated topic for this
    Why bother? The mod who merged those threads did not seem sorry and may just do it again.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Pain for Fun's Avatar

Pretty sure SEGA will be taking legal action against Fonzie & WaterMelon Games by the response I got back from SEGA when I emailed them a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain for Fun View Post
    Pretty sure SEGA will be taking legal action against Fonzie & WaterMelon Games by the response I got back from SEGA when I emailed them a few days ago.
    Hah, the die has been cast. I hope you guys get your game before Sega does anything.
    Both Sega and Fonzie are slow as hell. It's like a snail race. We'll see who makes their move first.

You looking for a pat on the head or something? I'm not so sure bragging that you potentially pissed in the Cheerios of numerous members of this forum is going to get you the reaction you seem to be hoping for.

What an odd thing for fonzie to do, rip off sega's sprites directly. I get it's for an homage but still, you can't really do that so blatantly.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

What a shitty thing to do if this is true. One of Sega-16's own members might be responsible for legal action being taken against a developer in the contemporary Genesis/Mega Drive scene. Congrats to Sega-16 for hitting a new, all-time low.

It's so unfortunate that a loud minority of members on this website can potentially impact things like that. All the shit-talking on here about Watermelon, Fonzie and Paprium hardly represents the view of the people in the retro I know in real life. There's a few people in this forum that really need to learn to pull themselves up rather than knocking others down when they want to feel better about themselves.

You know, folks that decided they wanted to screw Fonzie over could have waited until they didn't screw everyone else over waiting for their game. I agree it was dumb of Fonzie to put unaltered sprites into the game, but folks wait for 7+ years, finally get a game (or still have the potential to get theirs), and the response is, "Hey, let's email Sega and get them to issue a C&D against this game!" That's weak.
    Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/

Quote Originally Posted by ichbinian View Post
    What a shitty thing to do if this is true. One of Sega-16's own members might be responsible for legal action being taken against a developer in the contemporary Genesis/Mega Drive scene. Congrats to Sega-16 for hitting a new, all-time low.
    If someone infringes on copyrights, and someone else reports it, who's guilty?
    Fonzie is a megalomaniac who loves shooting himself in the foot. Maybe blame him a little for that blunder, instead of taking it all out on that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    You know, folks that decided they wanted to screw Fonzie over could have waited until they didn't screw everyone else over waiting for their game. I agree it was dumb of Fonzie to put unaltered sprites into the game, but folks wait for 7+ years, finally get a game (or still have the potential to get theirs), and the response is, "Hey, let's email Sega and get them to issue a C&D against this game!" That's weak.
    If you believe what Fonzie said, it should not matter since all of the games have already been shipped... Right?

Honestly, it's pretty on-point to use someone else's assets given Sega's history with, um, borrowing things for games like Revenge of Shinobi.

And no, I'm not condoning it. All Fonzie had to do was slightly alter the sprites, and call them "Garsia" or something. Everyone would get it. He shouldn't have put himself in the situation. But that doesn't mean we needed people acting as IP police either to try to hurt Fonzie any way they could.
    Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    If you believe what Fonzie said, it should not matter since all of the games have already been shipped... Right?
    Only that's not at all the case, and we all know it. As recently as January 11, Fonzie stated that there were outstanding parcels and gave no firm shipping date on them. That said, I think those who've yet to receive their games have every right to worry that potential legal action could very well result in a hold being put on games going out that have yet to leave the distributor in Las Vegas.

This is all speculation, of course. Because let's face it: Fonzie is about as transparent as the Skull Lords in Symphony of the Night on the Saturn. But I don't see how anybody trying to make waves in such a way that could cost members of the forum their games is helpful in any way whatsoever. I don't believe for one second that any of us really care that Fonzie used those assets, as stupid as it was. In the end, it's not hurting Sega's bottom line in any way, shape, or form. The only thing pulling Sega into the situation is meant to do is hurt Fonzie. I, for one, don't wish to be collateral damage and would very much like to receive the $250 worth of shit I paid for.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixels View Post
    You looking for a pat on the head or something? I'm not so sure bragging that you potentially pissed in the Cheerios of numerous members of this forum is going to get you the reaction you seem to be hoping for.
    He's making Fonzie wish come true

Thread Information