Quantcast

Page 908 of 960 FirstFirst ... 408808858898904905906907908909910911912918958 ... LastLast
Results 13,606 to 13,620 of 14390

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Pain for Fun's Avatar

The strangest problem so far I have seen with Paprium is how the Sega - Genesis/Mega Drive VA6 revision consoles has the strangest case problems running the game. Some VA6 revision consoles work on there own & other don't, some work with a 32X attached, or works with a Sega CD/Mega CD attached. I have been wondering why the VA6 revision consoles have the most problems compared to other revision consoles when it comes to compatibility. Does anyone have any ideas why?

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Conspiracy theory: Fonzie added those copyrighted assets with the intent of getting Sega to react, in order to justify not being able to ship all of the games.

To all the overly sensitive people out there: that was humor.
    Eh, SEGA is going to reach out from Japan and send the letter to France presumably? That would probably be air mail so good chance it gets lost so we should be safe on that front....

Outrunner

@ Pain for Fun

I must ask, were you pleased that Bomber Games received a C&D from Sega for SORR?

Nameless One

Citation needed. I believe it very much is, unless the ROM is in the public domain.
    I thought it was legal if you have the cartridge

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SBlaise84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pain for Fun View Post
    I am not a troll, where did you come up with that from? I registered my account in 2018 but never knew how to get it activated until someone on YouTube told me I had to contact Melf to get it activated.
    Well forgive me for looking at the Join date and # of posts in your profile. Also the fact that you jumped in here just just to mention you may have screwed over the buyers of this product, when you yourself admitted you're not a customer is kind of dickish. And yes, I read your heroic tale of roaming the land protecting IPs from copyright infringement. Still a dick move.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

I join last year but get my account free this years still my join date is when I joined...
    "There's no knowledge, that is not power..."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Citation needed. I believe it very much is, unless the ROM is in the public domain.

RetroRGB did an interview with a video game lawyer. Start at 3:24 if the link doesn't auto start there. Of course, different places have different rules, but an interesting view nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    I think it went downhill way before, and Baloo merging topics was a terrible idea.
    What I find the most pathetic are people speculating and drawing systematic negative conclusions for each and every new thing popping up.
    For example, a few pages ago, some were claiming that there were different revisions of the game sent and starting calling Fonzie a thief even more... when it turned out it was just a matter of region settings.
    Bunch of liars who only want to bash Fonzie no matter what. Never coming back on their false statements and most likely did not even play the game.
    Well, I am one of those people with a version of the game that won't display some of those items that the Japanese limited does. And that is kinda lame, if you ask me. I'm happy it's still in the game, technically, but I don't have a Japanese Megadrive, or a region modded Genesis, and I shouldn't have to. I purchased a game, and had I known there would have been this difference, I would have ordered a different version. I do feel that I was kinda screwed over throughout this whole process. I paid for and waited for 8 years, only to get the borked version of the game... And now we might not see the game finish being delivered, or have the existing copies fixed. It's BS, and it's as a result of Fonzie's awful management of this project. It's more than a matter of region settings for those of us that aren't modding their console, or in possession of an import MD. We get an older/less fully featured version of the game, that we paid for nearly a decade ago.

I don't really understand why so many people defend WM and Fonzie. We can like the games, appreciate that they exist, and want more games, while also being critical of the way Fonzie handles things, and demanding we, at the very least, get some sort of transparency throughout design, development, manufacturing, and fulfilment of games we funded.

I can only hope the the remaining orders get fulfilled, and that any potential titles WM works are are viewed through the lens of this experience. We, as a community, shouldn't allow this kind of stuff to happen, and certainly not turn around and fund another game that will result in the same nonsense. We have actual options now, and examples of how this sort of experience should play out.
    Last edited by SEGA-Jorge; 01-27-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyteknohed View Post
    @ Pain for Fun

I must ask, were you pleased that Bomber Games received a C&D from Sega for SORR?
    I never heard of Bomber Games here in the US. What game did they have a C&D from Sega?

I never heard of Bomber Games here in the US. What game did they have a C&D from Sega?
    They were responsible for Streets of Rage Remake.

Quote Originally Posted by SBlaise84 View Post
    Well forgive me for looking at the Join date and # of posts in your profile. Also the fact that you jumped in here just just to mention you may have screwed over the buyers of this product, when you yourself admitted you're not a customer is kind of dickish. And yes, I read your heroic tale of roaming the land protecting IPs from copyright infringement. Still a dick move.
    I am waiting for three copies of the Classic Edition of Paprium myself, so I am in the same boat as most people here waiting for an update when are games will ship.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    It's not illegal to download or even play a rom of anything.

Directly lifting assets from a published game and using them in your own game and selling it is not remotely the same thing as playing a "rom".

It's not the same thing as depicting characters that look like properties Sega didn't have the rights to in Revenge of Shinobi. Those were still at least using original pixelart. It's still asking for trouble, but not directly taking assets from someone else's game and using it in your own and selling it.

No one "tattling" is screwing over any Paprium buyers. Only Fonze has in this one additional way.

The only hypocrisy is those saying "let us get ours and then screw everyone after us".
    I don't know what the rules are where you live but at least in the US you cannot legally download copyrighted works without the permission of the owner. But yeah, I agree what Fonzie has done is on a different level. If you own SoR or GA3 and you rip the assets for your own personal use that's maybe OK under the "format shifting" exception. For him to then sell and distribute those sprites is illegal probably everywhere.

The fact that Fonzie used the exact same sprites and names really puts Sega in a bind because even if they might be inclined to let it go they may have to say something now to prevent other developers from using the excuse "Watermelon got away with it so we thought these characters are considered public domain".

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SBlaise84's Avatar

I am waiting for three copies of the Classic Edition of Paprium myself, so I am in the same boat as most people here waiting for an update when are games will ship.
    So you purposely risked screwing yourself over on those 3 different copies? Nothing about your story makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post

I don't really understand why so many people defend WM and Fonzie. We can like the games, appreciate that they exist, and want more games, while also being critical of the way Fonzie handles things, and demanding we, at the very least, get some sort of transparency throughout design, development, manufacturing, and fulfilment of games we funded.

I can only hope the the remaining orders get fulfilled, and that any potential titles WM works are are viewed through the lens of this experience. We, as a community, shouldn't allow this kind of stuff to happen, and certainly not turn around and fund another game that will result in the same nonsense. We have actual options now, and examples of how this sort of experience should play out.
    I'm not defending WM nor Fonzie. If others choose to do as such, ok, whatever. I to hope that all who paid for this turtle do indeed receive it in the mail this year. I for one shall not give WM nor Fonzie one preorder penny for that mystery game with the stupid crying dolphin.

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixels View Post
    They were responsible for Streets of Rage Remake.
    I did not know, I never got to play it being it was not on any consoles I own. I only have a Genesis, NES, NES Mini, SNES Mini, Playstation 1, & Xbox 360 console & had no way to be able to play it.

Thread Information