Quantcast

Page 909 of 960 FirstFirst ... 409809859899905906907908909910911912913919959 ... LastLast
Results 13,621 to 13,635 of 14390

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    ..who only want to bash Fonzie no matter what.
    I think being a Fonzie boot licker is definitely worse. Have some self respect haha.

Quote Originally Posted by inqualls View Post
    Regardless of for profit or non-profit, if you are not the license owner of the material it is copyright infringement. I don't get your point? You have to get permission either way.
    I didn't say one was legal and the other was not. Don't play dumb, you know exactly what the point was leading to. There's no hypocrisy in the community that releases, or is in possession, of old retro stuff (hacks/translations/dumps/fanfic/fanmade/REing/etc), and calling out those that make a profit from it. Just how black and white is the world you live in? It must be tough. If you want to get into the extremely legality of things, 'used games' are potentially illegal (at least in the US) let alone roms - the only reason it's not challenged in court is because of the public backlash, and the problem is being solved with the slow creep towards complete digital downloads. You rather call to quell someone's voice/right because of some personal pet-peeve of 'hypocrisy' - 'we're all guilty at some level, so lets all keep quiet'. That'd be fine if you stopped there, but then you made the comment, ['I'm not condoning plagiarism, but.."]. How is that not condoning plagiarism? Now you're the hypocrite haha. Congrats! By your own logic, you 'can't stand' yourself.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Pain for Fun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SBlaise84 View Post
    So you purposely risked screwing yourself over on those 3 different copies? Nothing about your story makes sense.
    The truth is always stranger than fiction, believe what you like. Your intitled to your own opinion just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    Why do people care that there are Streets of Rage and Golden Axe III Easter Eggs? Not one sale of the game was gained from these easter eggs. They were never promoted and they probably account for less then %1 of the games content. These were what a deem a gesture of respect to a couple of classic Sega beat em up franchises. Sega will give no shits about the content and frankly neither should any of the Karens.

Let's go cancel The Revenge of Shinobi while were at it.
    You are assuming that SEGA will not care. You just might have to eat that sandwich. I sure hope you don't have to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    I think being a Fonzie boot licker is definitely worse. Have some self respect haha.
    I agree. However, if someone wants to lick Fonzie's boots, then just turn a blind eye to it and let 'em lick.

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    I feel this pain. Luckily, mine came so I just have other wife related grief now, like, "What the hell is that stick thing? You paid for that?"
    Ha, you know exactly what I mean. Since you have the game and the fighter stick, does the back of the Investor's Edition have "F*@! You" on the back cover? I thought saw that on a YT video. If I ever get this stupid game, I really don't want to open it to see that and then have one of my younger children ask, "Daddy, what does that say?" I know you are reading this forum Fonzie, to get your kicks out of what a mess you created for loyal people who gave you pre-order money. You are a punk Fonzie.

Sega is not going to do a thing and the thing that is funny to me is everyone assuming they will. Either way one thing is pretty clear to me. People here and elsewhere do a good job of making assumptions that have not panned out too well.

Super Sexy Sega Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    You are assuming that SEGA will not care. You just might have to eat that sandwich. I sure hope you don't have to eat it.
    Context comes into play. First of all this is still an incredibly niche market despite what some people's bubbles will have them believe.

Second, like I said and something people are overlooking is that no one is buying this game because of the 1 minute Streets of Rage and Golden Axe easter eggs. You could play through Paprium multiple times and never encounter them. Hypothetically Sega says take out our IP's... Who cares they bring nothing to the table other then as a tribute and aren't at all relevant to the core game.

Revenge of Shinobi is in a different boat 100% of the people playing the game were going to be like "cool Rambo, Spider-man, Batman, Godzilla. Sega is awesome for having all these iconic characters in their game!"
    Beat Em Up- Streets of Rage 2
    Platformer- Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Run and Gun- Gunstar Heroes
    Adventure- Story of Thor
    Action- Shinobi 3

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    Sega is not going to do a thing and the thing that is funny to me is everyone assuming they will. Either way one thing is pretty clear to me. People here and elsewhere do a good job of making assumptions that have not panned out too well.
    I hope you are right. I'm almost at the point that if I get the Investor's Edition that I paid for back in March of 2012, then I may just not open it and sell it on eBay for $300 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    Context comes into play. First of all this is still an incredibly niche market despite what some people's bubbles will have them believe.

Second, like I said and something people are overlooking is that no one is buying this game because of the 1 minute Streets of Rage and Golden Axe easter eggs. You could play through Paprium multiple times and never encounter them. Hypothetically Sega says take out our IP's... Who cares they bring nothing to the table other then as a tribute and aren't at all relevant to the core game.

Revenge of Shinobi is in a different boat 100% of the people playing the game were going to be like "cool Rambo, Spider-man, Batman, Godzilla. Sega is awesome for having all these iconic characters in their game!"
    I hear ya. Still, the shipping stopped. Almost 9 years later the game starts to ship to some people and then stops. Just stops. This cannot be a good sign.

I hope you are right. I'm almost at the point that if I get the Investor's Edition that I paid for back in March of 2012, then I may just not open it and sell it on eBay for $300 or more.
    I want my parcels like anyone else i just find it amusing that people will go to great lengths to try and force a move on Fonzie and it has not worked thus far. Like with holding the mega wire site and such. I do hope Fonzie can put together those artboard boxes faster so we can all have our copies.

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    I want my parcels like anyone else i just find it amusing that people will go to great lengths to try and force a move on Fonzie and it has not worked thus far. Like with holding the mega wire site and such. I do hope Fonzie can put together those artboard boxes faster so we can all have our copies.
    I can't try & force a move on Fonzie, which is likely the case for most people. However, I can refer to him as a punk, which is definitely an accurate description of his business practices.

Pap - A nipple of the breast; a teat.

rium - Place (arium) or seems to just indicate plurality.

Paprium = Nipples a many?

Anybody else come across something similar to this?

Hmmmm.....

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

I'm only glancing at the thread, but I can say that it's nearly 100% certain that SEGA is NOT going to care about him copying sprites, or almost-copying sprites.

Nintendo would care. Sega doesn't care about stuff like this, and they've even encouraged people to hack their classic games, like the Sonic games. Heck they even published people's hacks, i.e. Sonic Mania, and the mobile enhanced ports of the Sonic games. They're basically really good hacks and SEGA embraced it.

Well anyway, lol. I just saw a bunch of posts about SEGA serving a cease-and-desist, and that's an idea that's not going to happen.

However, Fonzie's lack of contact has been very lame, and after all this time, I still can't dig the art style and colors used. Of course, for some folks, it's probably perfect artwork and colors, I guess

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Paprium = Nipples a many?
    I wish, there's not enough nipples in this game. I applaud Fonzie for putting in robo-nips though.
    this sissified era needs more nudity in their games, too many been sipping their soy drinks and shrinking their balls.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    I'm only glancing at the thread, but I can say that it's nearly 100% certain that SEGA is NOT going to care about him copying sprites, or almost-copying sprites.
    There's no "almost", they're carbon copies. The only thing that might be altered are the color palettes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    Sega doesn't care about stuff like this, and they've even encouraged people to hack their classic games, like the Sonic games.
    Free hacks. No money was involved. It's a bit different here.

Thread Information