Quantcast

Page 515 of 951 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565615 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Road Rasher

Pier solar had a few weird bugs and sometimes poor design or unpolished section, but overall 2nd best rpg for genesis imho after ps4. I actually finished it, and finished only 5 rpg in my life, those being ff7, ff2, ps4, legend of legaia and pier solar. Its a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Pier solar had a few weird bugs and sometimes poor design or unpolished section, but overall 2nd best rpg for genesis imho after ps4. I actually finished it, and finished only 5 rpg in my life, those being ff7, ff2, ps4, legend of legaia and pier solar. Its a good game.
    Once people figure out the defence items and when to use them the game is pretty easy like most rpgs. Just have to know when to grind. I definitely like it.

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    Otherwise, I enjoyed the hell out of the game. I found the story engaging, characters fun, dialog clever and environments fun to explore. No clue why someone who likes JRPG's wouldn't at least think it was an average one. I don't see any reason for the hate being spewed. But to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    Once people figure out the defence items and when to use them the game is pretty easy like most rpgs. Just have to know when to grind. I definitely like it.
    Thank you all. Of course it isn't a perfect game and I'd have done it better if I had more experience back in the day, in general it was a team effort and I couldn't design everything myself indeed. I tried to improve the game to some degree in the HD version but there was only so much that could have been done without turning it into another game.

It was a great experience for me, and I think it made me a better person. I hope I can contribute further to gaming once I'm done with my current project: the MD and other game systems sound chips music synthesizer.

2021 will be the year 2Dream!

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

The whole situation has gotten to the point where it's turned into a big joke.

Attachment 14547
    Last edited by GameUser-16-32-128; 10-30-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Gromble of pirates...? Outrunner Bramsworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by afro man dan View Post
    hmm, looks like the upload on the site doesn't work.
    Attachment 14546
    Well, it's already the last day of the month in France. What are the chances this goes by with radio silence again...
    I'm Pro A'can

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Alright, I've been holding off on commenting on the party/new Paprium footage because of all the negativity... But here's my 2 cents...

I want to talk about the actual GAME and what we saw in the videos. It seems like very few people are actually doing that other than bitching that there are no enemies on the screen. So I sat down and watched both videos from start to finish on a big screen, and I will have to say, what is shown is pretty damn impressive IMO. There are beautiful details throughout the entirety of the videos. Now, obviously elements are missing and there are some graphical issues/errors about. But the huge sprites, vivid backgrounds, and layer upon layer of detail and scrolling is impressive to me, call me naive, whatever. My theory is simple though, Fonzie has been having continual hardware and manufacturing issues, and they still aren't resolved. So in order to have something to show at this party, he threw a cart together and tried to get it to work with actual hardware. It looks like he was about half way successful because, as many many many many people have pointed out, there are no enemies! Among other things like flickering, missing sprites etc. If his "chip" isn't working correctly, I'd imagine that would be the cause.

Something else to consider, my understanding is that there are multiple ways to start the game and progress the story. Different routes to take through the city. That is what is being shown in this demo, albeit, sans enemies. But if you watch, after the title screen there is a "City Map" screen (with the map sprites missing apparently) and Fonzie was choosing which route to take. Each time he resets the game and starts over in the video, he starts in a new area, showing the complexity of the different ways in which you can play through the game. The first one was an Ice Factory, the second one, Deep Storage, the third, Reformatory (which was particularly great looking IMO) etc. In the second video, he was on a roof top behind a huge neon sign, it was really impressive to look at... I knew about this "different route" idea due to my interview with him last year, but it was pretty cool to see it in action. And did anyone notice the 5 playable characters in the character select screen? Yes, they were flickering.. but neat to see none the less.

As for the bluetooth connectivity, Sega CD functionality etc... Well, that's just Fonzie being insanely (maybe stupidly) ambitious. I've known about the bluetooth functionality for a couple years now, I just couldn't say anything about it. What I heard originally was that Fonzie's ultimate goal with it was netplay between consoles, which seems downright insane. But would be amazing if it could somehow be pulled off. I mean, do we need all this extra stuff? Nope... But it's intriguing to me that Fonzie is actually trying to pull it off. He's like some sort of mad scientist...

Alright, I know some people will disagree with me on this, and that's fine. But I'm still going to hold out for this game. I think the reaction in here has been a bit overblown. I mean, I get why people are upset. It's been forever and the game still isn't out. Fonzie throws a party and tries to show off the game but can't get it up and running completely. It looks bad for him. And if you are angry about the game still not being released, that's fine. If you want your money back, ask for a refund. I know plenty of people in this forum have asked and apparently been compensated. I won't be one of them though. I'll stick it out and see what happens. To me, this looks like it has the potential to be a really good game. Period.

Which reminds me... I've interviewed Fonzie, Luis, Tulio and a few others about this game. I've followed the development process closely and probably know more about it than the average Joe on this forum. So let me assure you when I say, I think it will be released... eventually. There is a working form of the game that plays, we've even seen it in action, with enemies etc in other videos. What we saw from this party was Fonzie's attempt to get it running on actual hardware with what I'm guessing is still a plethora of production issues. When the camera panned down in that video it looked like Frankenstein's monster down there. It's obvious that he wasn't prepared and that production hasn't been going as planned. But I guess who knows really...

Anyway, we all know by now that Fonzie is horrible at communicating. Many with personality disorders are (OCD etc). Some say he has even outright lied... Maybe, although in his eyes he probably really believes that he will deliver on the things he says, but like someone else pointed out on this forum, he is a perfectionist and therefore, never feels like he is actually "done" with the game. He is the Peter Molyneux of Mega Drive development. I'm not defending him, just pointing out how he is. Ultimately it will be his responsibility to deliver on his promises in the end. We'll just have to wait and see.

Lastly, like it or not at this point, the guy got our money. Most of us anyway. But we freely and willingly gave it to him based on a concept, a couple of Tea Time videos, a handful of screenshots and one epic trailer. That was enough to sell us on the game. And I honestly believe we will see it, probably not this year, but eventually. While those "incomplete" videos enraged many, it gave me hope based on what I saw.

Just my 2 cents... Someones gotta be an optimist around this dismal place!

Nameless One

"Fonzie is the Peter Molyneux of Mega Drive development."......
    Pfft, more like the "Thomas Wiseau" of the Retro Indie developers scene....
    #ItAlreadySucksButYouDontCareCuzHesGotYoMoney

Road Rasher

What was shown certainly would have been impressive 4 years ago, not 6 years into development when you announce the game is ready to play and ship, which we all know is a big lie. The whole preorder in 2017 was a scam, once again saying the game is finished. No more excuses, treat me like shit and iíll treat you like shit too.

Road Rasher

I want to talk about the actual GAME
    There is no ACTUAL game, literally. At best it's an interactive DEMO, which only Fonzie interacted with.

Master of Shinobi

The graphics are very impressive. All the credit should be going to the pixel artist(s) who created them.
    Displaying backgrounds on the Mega Drive is not that complicated, especially when you only need to scroll in one direction. The use of parallax is nice but nothing we haven't seen before.

I don't know how the glitched characters can be blamed on the DSP. Presumably if the DSP was not present they would either not appear or would have consistent glitching. Instead they look fine for a few minutes and then glitch out, to me that indicates something is going wrong in the code.

Unless I have missed it none of the people who have tested this game have confirmed whether or not it was played on their own hardware.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Fine guys, just burn it all... BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND!!!

Master of Shinobi

Fine guys, just burn it all... BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND!!!
    Look if the game comes out great I'll be the first to congratulate Fonzie on a job well done. But so far what I've seen is underwhelming. I feel bad for the people who worked on the graphics and music, they did some very impressive stuff that unfortunately is going to waste in a game no one can play.

As far as the flickering sprites are concerned I wonder how much better, or worse, they are due to the visual conflict between the 240p CRT image and the phone recording the game?
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

Thread Information