Quantcast

Page 540 of 951 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    On the French forum someone asked them and they said they were legit MMA fighters. Obviously I have no idea what arrangement Fonzie made with them but from the looks of things I would guess they were paid just for their appearance at the event. I say that because someone asking you to be at a club and take photos is one thing, but saying "I need you two with me at all times in case an angry mob tries to kill me" is a very different sales pitch and would have cost Fonzie a lot more.
    Also if you do security you get paid a lot more and you definately don't dress like that. Seriously, though, this thread is approaching Fonzie levels of craziness
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Seriously, though, this thread is approaching Fonzie levels of craziness
    That's why I keep coming back

I don't know if this applies since transactions have happened in multiple countries but it looks like in the U.S. there is a five year statute of limitations on wire fraud, which is what I presume is the charge when you take money electronically? Anyone planning to sue better do it soon.

https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal-...te-limitations

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    If i remember correctly that's what happened to pier solar with the sprite artist.
    Okay now let's not distort the facts. If you're talking about Alex Landgren, that has nothing to do with it. Nobody in Pier Solar expected to be paid, it was a community project from the start, and it would have been released for free if it had stayed only on the Mega CD (which is what explain the original release at 35$ because we had no intentions of profiting of the game). The reason he left is because we wanted the whole team to sign a NDA and he refused to. At that point he asked to leave and prohibited us from using his art, which triggered the original 2008 delay and a whole lot of changes in the project art, menu systems, etc.

2021 will be the year 2Dream!

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    Okay now let's not distort the facts. If you're talking about Alex Landgren, that has nothing to do with it. Nobody in Pier Solar expected to be paid, it was a community project from the start, and it would have been released for free if it had stayed only on the Mega CD (which is what explain the original release at 35$ because we had no intentions of profiting of the game). The reason he left is because we wanted the whole team to sign a NDA and he refused to. At that point he asked to leave and prohibited us from using his art, which triggered the original 2008 delay and a whole lot of changes in the project art, menu systems, etc.
    If you are legally free to say-Was the NDA for just the behind the scenes development as a whole? Or was it something deeper? I'll understand if you can't speak of such matters. I'm just confused why an NDA would be necessary for a homebrew game. I mean no offense.
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

To tell you the truth, back then we didn't fully understand the idea behind an NDA either. One of the things we wanted was to prevent exactly what Alex did, one of the paragraphs of the text was about if you quit the project the work done for the project would still be available for use.

2021 will be the year 2Dream!

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    To tell you the truth, back then we didn't fully understand the idea behind an NDA either. One of the things we wanted was to prevent exactly what Alex did, one of the paragraphs of the text was about if you quit the project the work done for the project would still be available for use.
    I would think the idea behind an NDA is to prevent anyone on the team from disclosing information or assets without permission?

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Thanks Matt. I'll get started.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker JamesF's Avatar

This shite seen the light of day yet?
    Sega Genesis Model1 VA6, Model2 VA4|VA3, Mega Everdrive X5

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Thanks Matt. I'll get started.
    Good good I can't even guarantee we'll be successful but I think we need to get the wheels rolling on this one. At least if I test the ground we can see if it's possible for others. It might even give Fonz a shove to act on things...

At 6 years I think I've given him sufficient time to make a game.
    Last edited by matteus; 11-13-2018 at 03:42 AM.

I've finally totaled up how much I'm owed: $363.40
    Last edited by matteus; 11-13-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Additional update: I've also reached out to paypal on the off chance they can do anything. I expect to receive a generic cut paste email answer highlighting their terms and conditions.

I noticed the WM support has some high class trolling going on: Screenshot_20181113-084622__01.jpg

PayPal response was a template as expected! Use the resolution centre. Unfortunately it only goes back as far as the 13th of November 2015.

Looking at Citizens Advice I'd say we're screwed Cleeg.

If you paid by debit card
    Check your card providerís website for how to get your money back - you might need to look for 'disputed transactions'. If you can't find it, tell them you want to use the 'chargeback scheme'.

Chargeback is when your card provider asks the seller's bank to refund the money to your account. If successful, youíll get back the amount you paid by card.

Ask for chargeback within 120 days (about 4 months) of when you paid or noticed the problem. You won't be able to ask if you noticed the problem more than 540 days (about 18 months) after you paid.

If the seller disagrees with your claim, ask your card provider how to appeal under the chargeback scheme.
    If you paid by PayPal
    If the item you bought doesnít match its description or you didnít receive it, report your dispute on Paypalís website. You must do this within 180 days (about 6 months) of paying.

If reporting your dispute doesnít work, you might be able to use chargeback if thereís no money in your PayPal account and you used your debit or credit card to pay through PayPal.

Chargeback is when your card provider asks the seller's bank to refund the money to your account. If successful, youíll get back the amount you paid by card.

Ask for chargeback within 120 days (about 4 months) of when you paid or noticed the problem. You won't be able to ask if you noticed the problem more than 540 days (about 18 months) after you paid.

If the seller disagrees with your claim, ask your card provider how to appeal under the chargeback scheme.

You wonít be able to use chargeback if you used your debit or credit card to put money into your PayPal account and then use that money to buy something.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    I noticed the WM support has some high class trolling going on: Screenshot_20181113-084622__01.jpg
    Classy... Makes me want to fund all of his upcoming projects.

Thread Information