Quantcast

Page 609 of 951 FirstFirst ... 109509559599605606607608609610611612613619659709 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

All this stuff that's been crammed in wouldn't make it a true MD experience when released anyhow. If I wanted to download extras, go online, participate in leaderboards and the like, I'd use a modern machine.

The whole point of releasing an MD game is to deliver an MD like experience. If it comes out (if) and does all this then great, but it does not change what I want from an MD game: A finished article isolated in its black shell as nature intended.

The five year delay as a result of this folly at the expense of the backers is really poor.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

If Fonzie does not finish the project, I hope that Tulio, Groovemaster303 and Jredd will share its soundtrack with us in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by retronostalgia View Post
    It seems like you've really tried to be even-handed with your documentary. It was very interesting, thanks so much for producing this. Since it seems lots of assets *have* been completed, the fact that that game will probably never come out is that much more frustrating...
    Creating a video attacking Fonzie and insulting him left and right is the easy way to do this.

I wanted a documentary, something that tells everyone's story (or as many people as I can fit in) and I want to leave my personal feelings out of it.
    Please check out my YouTube channel

I had no idea that the early runs of Pier Solar had issues with burning themselves out. Has anyone here ever experienced that? I was there during the first pre-orders for the game and nabbed a first edition for $35. I'm kinda scared to keep playing it lol
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

Road Rasher

It's the 3.3v / 5v issue. Ideally you need voltage translators.

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    I had no idea that the early runs of Pier Solar had issues with burning themselves out. Has anyone here ever experienced that? I was there during the first pre-orders for the game and nabbed a first edition for $35. I'm kinda scared to keep playing it lol
    Don't play Pier Solar or anything else by WM. It's not worth the risk due to 3.3v
    components interfacing with a console consisting of 5v parts.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

I'm probably just going to stick with the DC version from now on. Unless the new Mega SG has no issues with running this, and other carts like it, safely.

The legendary gargoyle Road Rasher Firebrandx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gadispalembang View Post
    Don't play Pier Solar or anything else by WM. It's not worth the risk due to 3.3v
    components interfacing with a console consisting of 5v parts.
    The effect will not harm the console, but rather shorten the lifespan of the cartridge itself. By how much is not known. The cart may last 15 years or it may last 30 years, or it might even last only 10 years. It's an unknown factor because it depends on how much you play it.

Master of Shinobi

it's not that big of a deal as this is all theoretical, ie it is true but no one has still shown up with a failing one. Same thing for the everdrives: the failing ones had other bugs not caused by improper voltage.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

The legendary gargoyle Road Rasher Firebrandx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    it's not that big of a deal as this is all theoretical, ie it is true but no one has still shown up with a failing one. Same thing for the everdrives: the failing ones had other bugs not caused by improper voltage.
    Well it's not entirely theoretical. The heat generated in the cartridge is very real, and will shorten the lifespan of the cart. However, where the speculation comes in is on just how long they will last, which again depends on how much the cart in use. If it's a case where they will last 20 years under an arbitrary 'average use' scenario, then it likely won't matter to most people. It does mean that having dumped the ROM is very important to preservation, much as people hate piracy.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrandx View Post
    Well it's not entirely theoretical. The heat generated in the cartridge is very real, and will shorten the lifespan of the cart. However, where the speculation comes in is on just how long they will last, which again depends on how much the cart in use. If it's a case where they will last 20 years under an arbitrary 'average use' scenario, then it likely won't matter to most people. It does mean that having dumped the ROM is very important to preservation, much as people hate piracy.
    When Watermelon Games goes out of business that may not even be an issue, considering the people who know Fonzie best have said he's unlikely to ever sell off any intellectual property.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    When Watermelon Games goes out of business that may not even be an issue, considering the people who know Fonzie best have said he's unlikely to ever sell off any intellectual property.
    I watched part 1 of the Paprium fiasco documentary and it said that during Pier Solar's development that Fonzie left Watermelon for a short while and Tulio took over the company. I know Fonzie owns the company now, i haven't watched Part 2 yet but how come Watermelon ended up with Fonzie as the owner instead of Tulio?

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    I watched part 1 of the Paprium fiasco documentary and it said that during Pier Solar's development that Fonzie left Watermelon for a short while and Tulio took over the company. I know Fonzie owns the company now, i haven't watched Part 2 yet but how come Watermelon ended up with Fonzie as the owner instead of Tulio?
    Watch the video and find out!

Any updates on this shit show?

Megadrive Owner Since1991 Wildside Expert

This game will be rendered pointless when SOR4 comes out... Fingers crossed it's awesome!

Thread Information