Quantcast

Page 619 of 951 FirstFirst ... 119519569609615616617618619620621622623629669719 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Road Rasher

Luis, I appreciate that you put your issues with Fonz aside, and actually did something to try and finish it. But at this point I would have just filmed the whole thing running, and tell Fonz to shove it if he doesnt want to show anything. I do understand people having bad vibes, we got burned so many times with false promises and updates by Fonz, but in the end i prefer getting a finished product rather than nothing and never see my money again...

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

Sounds great so far. Hopefully they change the cringy title to something with a little bit more of an impact.

Video Game Modder Outrunner segasonicfan's Avatar

[edit, delete plz] double post.
    My Website:
    SEGASONICFAN DESIGNS

Sorry, I don't respond to PM's for repair advice. Please consider posting on the forums - your question might be somebody else's answer!
    I offer free repair advice through public forums as a service to the community and as a repository of information.
    If you cannot post here, I recommend these places that don't have posting restrictions:
    https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php
    https://www.smspower.org/forums/
    https://www.obscuregamers.com/forums/

Video Game Modder Outrunner segasonicfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    Im done explaining in here. I had to put my differences aside and have had Gwenael come over to put a positive end to this project and came forward with details that most have been demanding for a long time. So if some what to keep on the negative bandwagon going, Im pretty much done here.
    I empathize. The negative hate bandwagoning is completely out of control. I don't blame you or anyone for not posting here or wanting to update anyone anymore. This is such a witch hunt mess.

Thats not to say WM has done things correctly as a company by any means. But wow, the internet needs to chill out on this. Pre orders were $70, not your firstborn child and your right index finger.

If its vaporware and people lost that money, it will be crappy. but there are scammers and bootleggers all over that get almost no calling out, while this fiasco has hundreds of pages of flaming.

Personally, Im much more upset by flippers, mangled systems sold on ebay as "untested" and
    ..*gasp*...the new Sonic movie.
    My Website:
    SEGASONICFAN DESIGNS

Sorry, I don't respond to PM's for repair advice. Please consider posting on the forums - your question might be somebody else's answer!
    I offer free repair advice through public forums as a service to the community and as a repository of information.
    If you cannot post here, I recommend these places that don't have posting restrictions:
    https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php
    https://www.smspower.org/forums/
    https://www.obscuregamers.com/forums/

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by segasonicfan View Post
    I empathize. The negative hate bandwagoning is completely out of control. I don't blame you or anyone for not posting here or wanting to update anyone anymore. This is such a witch hunt mess.

Thats not to say WM has done things correctly as a company by any means. But wow, the internet needs to chill out on this. Pre orders were $70, not your firstborn child and your right index finger.

If its vaporware and people lost that money, it will be crappy. but there are scammers and bootleggers all over that get almost no calling out, while this fiasco has hundreds of pages of flaming.

Personally, Im much more upset by flippers, mangled systems sold on ebay as "untested" and
    ..*gasp*...the new Sonic movie.
    My sentiments exactly. Luis is actually TRYING to do something to help get this game released, for everyone. Yet he comes in here to give the good news and people jump all over him, bitch and moan. It's truly sad.

I don't approve of Fonzie's way of doing things, but if there is any hope that this game will be released, I'd sure rather it happen than NOT happen.

The poster above that mentioned if he did finally receive a finished product that he was going to throw it in the trash is a terrible symptom of this whole debacle. Looking at it from Luis' and the rest of the team's point of view I'd hate to hear that uttered by a fan after working so hard on a product. It's a real kick to the stomach.

I personally admit to flaming Fonz here, but that was never directed to the other present and former devs that were apart of Fonzie's vision. If it came across like that I apologize.
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

So now demanding for basic consumer rights instead of empty promises in a borderline scam is asking too much and being bitchy

Road Rasher

I believe in Luis and time and time again I've seen great work from him. I do not trust and do not believe in Fonzie, the guy is beyond any possible chance of a sane person trusting him. Given that, if the game is ever released, I'll be happy to play it and appreciate the job of many great devs and artists who touched this game. Even if that happens, it will never excuse Fonzie from the way he has acted throughout the whole development cycle.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vludi View Post
    So now demanding for basic consumer rights instead of empty promises in a borderline scam is asking too much and being bitchy
    Everyone is allowed to voice their opinions, it just sucks that people are being dicks about it. A lot of people worked on this game. Those people deserve to have their work seen finally, regardless of Fonzie's behavior. And anyone who is going to help get this damn game out of Fonzie's hands and out into the wild is a good thing in my book.

A lot of people worked on this game, yes. A lot of people also paid for this game, and they have every right to know if they're going to get what they paid for. You cannot possibly think that they have no right to be skeptical and even negative, given what has happened over the course of YEARS. The reason this thread is over 460 pages long is because Watermelon's communication with its customers has been abysmal. $70 isn't going to break the bank for one person, but multiply that by the amount of people who preordered, and it's no longer a simple homebrew project that people should wait for. You cannot expect support when you do not tell people what you are doing with their money. That's not how business works.

Personally, I don't think saying anything negative against Fonzie or anyone else is productive. I preordered, and if the game ships, then great. I do think that I have EVERY right to be critical about how the product I paid for in good faith is progressing. If that comes across as negativity, then that's just too bad. Don't blame customers for wanting to know what's going on; blame Fonzie for not telling them on a regular basis.

The very news being celebrated here is a perfect example. Was it posted on the Paprium official site? No. Was it posted in a social media update by Watermelon? No. Their Twitter page hasn't been updated since October 2018. The news came from the personal account of a team member. Now, I have zero reason to doubt Luis, and I really hope it's all true, but you have to see how frustrating and simply bad for business this all is.
    Last edited by Melf; 05-01-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    A lot of people worked on this game, yes. A lot of people also paid for this game, and they have every right to know if they're going to get what they paid for. You cannot possibly think that they have no right to be skeptical and even negative, given what has happened over the course of YEARS. The reason this thread is over 460 pages long is because Watermelon's communication with its customers has been abysmal. $70 isn't going to break the bank for one person, but multiply that by the amount of people who preordered, and it's no longer a simple homebrew project that people should wait for. You cannot expect support when you do not tell people what you are doing with their money. That's not how business works.

Personally, I don't think saying anything negative against Fonzie or anyone else is productive. I preordered, and if the game ships, then great. I do think that I have EVERY right to be critical about how the product I paid for in good faith is progressing. If that comes across as negativity, then that's just too bad. Don't blame customers for wanting to know what's going on; blame Fonzie for not telling them on a regular basis.

Paprium is only a symptom of the Magical Game Factory, which was designed to successfully convince many individual people to "invest" hundreds or thousands of dollars into the project.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Eazy's Avatar

Very happy to have any news at all. Not giving my hopes up but this is pretty great. And ill leave it at that.

Master of Shinobi

How awesome would be if THIS is the bonus game on the Megadrive mini. Won't likely happen, though
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Unlikely, due to the extra hardware. But yeah, it would be awesome. Also, I think if anything Xeno Crisis would deserve more that honor.

That would be AWESOME if it was a bonus game on the Genesis/MD Mini! That way I don't have a real physical copy and can only play it on the Mini, which I have to pay full price for. HELLZ TO THE YES! /s

Thread Information