Quantcast

Page 651 of 951 FirstFirst ... 151551601641647648649650651652653654655661701751 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    NESmaker has had quite a few annoying changes since its release, in the vein of "we changed the system, so all of your existing projects aren't compatible with the new system" kind of stuff. I aborted development because there's little more that I hate than being made to repeat myself, and redo labor. I haven't even looked back into it for almost a year, now.
    That's frustrating to hear. That's not paid-for software though (I believe?) so holding them accountable outside of internet vitriol is unlikely. Still though...I hate hearing how your your experience went. I wonder how many other projects were derailed by their decisions?
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

NESmaker is not freeware.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Yeah, it costs $36 (I think there's a trial version that slaps their logo on your games but I won't waste time downloading it to figure out if it's a trial or just a register nag). Not to mention the kickstarter.

Ah my bad.
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

AH, I had no idea it turned out like that. I was under the impression, from the demo that was as the convention, that the dev suite was pretty much ready to go. That's a shame.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

It may be better now, I don't know. Before it was released, and well after I had paid for it, I was burning all of my remaining motivation making NES ROM hacks and studying ASM. When it came out, it was "you can make launch-year NES platforming stuff". Every time more was added, it was to replace old content and scripting. I burned out pretty quickly after a few rounds of that.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

MGF has been "under construction" for about two weeks now.

RIP?

It's the longest stretch I can recall. Perhaps it's a sign that things are not in a good spot. I haven't heard Luis comment on any of this, which could be good or bad.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Does Watermelon have a stable income as a company? I can't imagine that their steam/psn/OUYA sales are bringing in much. I'd wager that Fonzie burned through all of the pre-order money by now since it's been about 2 years at this point, so is there anything to keep the "company" (using that term loosely at this point) afloat?

I mean, he could be doing contract work for other people behind the scenes after all (which is certainly not gonna help Paprium's case, as that'll eat even more time away from it). That's a pretty common thing to do when you "main" products don't bring in enough money to keep cash flowing.

Nameless One

So are we back at the stage of all hopes dwindling away again?

Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    So are we back at the stage of all hopes dwindling away again?
    Hopes had risen?...
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    Hopes had risen?...
    WISE FWOM YO GWAVE

Can Luis shed some light on this? He's the only one that has played the game, and can comment on the status of all this. It would be great if we can at least know whether this is really done, as in, WM threw in the towel, or if it really is a mandatory down time before an actual announcement.

I'm at the point now where, if WM is done, and this isn't happening, just say something. So we can move on with figuring out refunds, or, in the event we won't be seeing refunds, making sure that the Genesis/Megadrive community as a whole understands that we don't do business with Fonzie ever again. Or, if there really is some sort of progress being made, let us know what is going on, and when more concrete information can be shared. This whole experience is by far, one of the worst homebrew development examples I've ever witnessed. Someone has to set things right, or at least let the people that have money tied up in this know what is going on.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SBlaise84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    It may be better now, I don't know. Before it was released, and well after I had paid for it, I was burning all of my remaining motivation making NES ROM hacks and studying ASM. When it came out, it was "you can make launch-year NES platforming stuff". Every time more was added, it was to replace old content and scripting. I burned out pretty quickly after a few rounds of that.
    I'm a member of the Facebook group and there are a lot of cool looking and interesting games being made with NESMaker. Yes the main complaint has been about new updates breaking old projects. Aside from that though, it looks like a very useful and powerful tool if you're into NES development and want a GUI.

Thread Information