Quantcast

Page 726 of 959 FirstFirst ... 226626676716722723724725726727728729730736776826 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,890 of 14379

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Plan B is a Game Boy port of Paprium

https://twitter.com/XLuis__MartinsX/...79151091097600

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peido View Post
    Luis, can you please tell us what is the Date Limit you gave to Fonzie before Plan B?
    Thank you.
    There is no plan B, its just a way to keep people calm. "don't worry guys, there's always plan... B!!!!!!!"
    These guys have been lying to us from the start, nothing but false flags.

All this bullshit when 3 simple blog posts a year would have sufficed. "datenmeister chip refuses to accept the signal of blabla" "lost touch with guy who does the blabla" "corona caused factories to get shut down blabla"
    But Fonzie loves to pretend that a simple 2 minute written blog eats up a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of time otherwise spend on development.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    But Fonzie loves to pretend that a simple 2 minute written blog eats up a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of time otherwise spend on development.
    He sounds like that person everyone has at work who is always too busy to take anything else on but their output is, at best, nothing. It's quite simple, he's way in over his head and has decided to hide from the community as a result. There's no smart play here.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    Plan B is a Game Boy port of Paprium

https://twitter.com/XLuis__MartinsX/...79151091097600
    Haha! I can picture it... The first Game Boy cart with a special chip that makes it more powerful than a next gen console... or something.
    That said, GB Studio is a pretty cool project.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Haha! I can picture it... The first Game Boy cart with a special chip that makes it more powerful than a next gen console... or something.
    paprium gb.jpg

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Yeah, I saw that tweet a number of days ago. I'm glad the GB/C is getting some love. That was my first console homebrew development.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Yeah, I saw that tweet a number of days ago. I'm glad the GB/C is getting some love. That was my first console homebrew development.
    I'm happy to see that too, the GB is such a classic platform and people have done some creative things within its limitations.

Re: the "Plan B" -- I bet it's going to be Fonzie dying (or faking his death?) and then it's going to be up to Luis to release the game from that one copy he miraculously received from the Magical Game Factory... of course since he's not really part of the company you'll have to place a new pre-order. I know I sound pessimistic but what else do you see happening?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Re: the "Plan B" -- I bet it's going to be Fonzie dying (or faking his death?) and then it's going to be up to Luis to release the game from that one copy he miraculously received from the Magical Game Factory... of course since he's not really part of the company you'll have to place a new pre-order. I know I sound pessimistic but what else do you see happening?
    Release Party 2.0

Road Rasher

Release party 1 was
    "Hey plz, bring monitors !"

Release party 2 wll be
    "Hey plz, bring debuggers !"

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoandr View Post
    Release party 1 was
    "Hey plz, bring monitors !"

Release party 2 wll be
    "Hey plz, bring debuggers !"
    Is that to debugger all of us investors who have been metaphorically buggered by Fonzie?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Roughly how many man hours goes into producing a SORII style 16-Bit beat-em-up? I realize these were not trivial undertakings back in the day, but surely modern technology makes the task easier than it was in the 90s. Could a dedicated individual working several hours a day crank out a decent game in 12 to 18 months?

If he is experienced, yes for pc, as long as he keeps his ambitions in check. For something like the megadrive, I doubt it. That been said, Fonzie would not have made everything, he supposedly made the engine and programming, and I guess logistics. Sprites, music, etc... Have supposedly been done by other people.

That said, this is my first comment at sega-16. I have been following the Paprium soap opera since the beginning, and this particular post for years. I came late to the party because there were some issues that did not let me comment on any post, but I registered some weeks ago, when Luis was communicating here.

I did not back the game, because i was skeptical of the gems system and to be honest, I want megadrive titles to be mega drive games. There are lots of systems to go for better graphics and sound, I thought the whole datenmeister to be ridiculous at the time, and time has proven it was not only that, but also unwise because it turned out it was more than Fonzie could eat.

In my opinion, it is ill-advised of Luis to come with vague promises, whatever good intentions he has. However, I was surprised at the backfire he received, to the point that I found some replies to be rude and personal. Come on guys, he has also been burned by Fonzie, but unlike most people he has not lost 60-100 bucks, he has lost literally months if not years of hard work, hence his interest in not taking them as a loss. Inwould not put my hand on the fire for anyone, but I doubt somebody with the profile of Luis would risk his reputation lying his ass off in a case like this. Be realistic, he has nothing to gain except the sarisfaction of seeing the game released, Indoubt he or anyone else will see another cent from Fonzie/Watermelon.

The funny part, is that if the game is ever released, little of this story will matter. It will receive good reviews even if it is not great, because of the platform and the genre it has. Not to mention that if it turns out Fonzie is really a crazy genius without social skills or morals and the game is really worth the hype, it will only add to the legend. It will add one page to reviews in general.
    Last edited by Chewie; 08-14-2020 at 06:35 AM.

Master of Shinobi

all reviews will mention the _slight_ delay
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Of course, but they will not weight it in the score, nor will stop recommending the game if it is any good because Fonzie, as a person, is a maggot with a moustache.
    Last edited by Chewie; 08-14-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Of course, but they will not weight it in the score, nor will stop recommending the game if it is any good because Fonzie, as a person, is a maggot with a moustache.
    I have spent the equivalent of 1 year of my life to create the assets of vixen 357 (I am not talking about concept art here), but I won't say it's on the way unless I know when it will come out. (if it ever does) I have 20 years of experience on numerous other projects and what happened with WM concerning my participation with vixen is bad. At least piersolar and pshd in which I had also a major role came out before Tulio left.
    Last edited by Arm; 08-14-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Thread Information