Quantcast

Page 849 of 960 FirstFirst ... 349749799839845846847848849850851852853859899949 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,735 of 14393

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hero of Algol

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

I opened a support ticket on Analogue's website, and I've just got an answer.

Hello,

At this time, this game doesn't work with the Mega Sg console. I have passed a message to our development team. Be sure to follow our firmware updates for a resolution to the issue. Please let me know if you have any additional information or questions concerning the issue.

I'd say it's just a matter of time.

Their 4.5 update added compatibility for Pier Solar + CD, so I don't doubt they'll get Paprium working at some point.

So does anyone know what's the purpose of Throning?

I've throned 3 areas and completed the game, but I don't see what throning what did other than locking my characters.

I tried visiting an area I had already throned, and my character sent me on a mission, but you gain nothing from completing it?
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    So does anyone know what's the purpose of Throning?

I've throned 3 areas and completed the game, but I don't see what throning what did other than locking my characters.

I tried visiting an area I had already throned, and my character sent me on a mission, but you gain nothing from completing it?
    Try to check if you can face the final boss in Solarium when all areas are throned or when they are not. Additionally a very hard or paprium level of difficulty is probably required to get a good ending after defeating the final boss.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    I opened a support ticket on Analogue's website, and I've just got an answer.

I'd say it's just a matter of time.
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried running Paprium in either the fully buffered or single buffer modes instead of zero delay on the Mega SG? "The Zero Delay speeds the simulated Genesis/
    Mega Drive up to achieve a true 60fps frame rate, a speed difference of 0.13%".

Could that small change in timing be what the cart detects making it not work? BTW, I checked the Discord and Kevtris is aware of the issue. He doesn't have a cart though, so it could be a while before he even gets a chance to work on this.
    Last edited by avlon; 12-28-2020 at 12:51 AM.

ACHTUNG! MD angeschaltet! Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One eukara's Avatar

I'm suuuuure supporting price-gouging anti-consumer behaviour will in no way harm the MD cottage industry in the long run. Nope, never.
    Last edited by eukara; 12-28-2020 at 01:55 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Let us know how you feel in 2029 when you finally get the game.
    Close. Pier solar was 12/2010 & Paprium was 12/2020. This new game should be 12/2030 if the trend continues.

Quote Originally Posted by molasar View Post
    Try to check if you can face the final boss in Solarium when all areas are throned or when they are not. Additionally a very hard or paprium level of difficulty is probably required to get a good ending after defeating the final boss.
    Is the final boss the dude at the top of the tower who is basically a huge blue monster because he's addicted to the Blu drug?

If so, yes
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Wildside Expert

Thumbs up

I'm happy to report that the game works on my Japanese Mega Drive Model 1, VA6, TMSS, serial G21XXXXX. I'm thrilled!
    Looks gorgeous on my CRT with RGB video through SCART input.
    Last edited by Barman; 12-28-2020 at 05:48 AM.
    Shinobi - the name means stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured Priest View Post
    That makes me wonder...has anyone tried plugging a Sega CD into the Mega SG to see if that gets Paprium to work in a Mega SG?
    I tried a couple of days ago. Doesn't help.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker peido's Avatar

Just a suggestion, it would be nice to have a Public Google Sheets document with the following columns:
    Mega Drive Model | Mega Drive Motherboard Version | Mega Drive Video Encoder Chip | Mega Drive FM Synthesis Chip | Paprium PCB Version (December 2020 or April 2021) | Compatibility (Works, Doesn't work, Playable but with errors, ...) | Comments | Tested by

I haven't received my Paprium yet, and I'm full of work untill the end of the year, so I won't be able to test it during this week

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker peido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peido View Post
    Just a suggestion, it would be nice to have a Public Google Sheets document with the following columns:
    Mega Drive Model | Mega Drive Motherboard Version | Mega Drive Video Encoder Chip | Mega Drive FM Synthesis Chip | Paprium PCB Version (December 2020 or April 2021) | Compatibility (Works, Doesn't work, Playable but with errors, ...) | Comments | Tested by

I haven't received my Paprium yet, and I'm full of work untill the end of the year, so I won't be able to test it during this week
    I've made a Google Sheets. Anybody with the link can edit it.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Please report me any problems.

How to - Identifying your Mega Drive:
    https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...-from-bad-ones

Death Adder's minion

Can anybody confirm, that the Grandstick III has a build-in speaker

About all this controversy about whether or not to support MegaSG and other clones is very complicated.

Some talk like everyone has an OSSC and FRAME in house, and that developer has to support all the news on the market.

I think Analogue is not a good parameter, they always launch their products with a limited number, so that people kill each other to buy in pre-purchase. Then they take forever to replenish the stock, many of these products they just discontinued and threw a fuck in your face.

I respect those who buy but I can't support this business model. Also, as it is a game focused on retro platform and Mega Drive, I believe that the effort should be made to run on all official products. Third parties that claim for authenticity and that their product runs entirely the same as the original that they must work to support the software.

See are two different business models, one makes games for a retro platform that is still easy to buy on the market and that caters to all tastes, who plays on CRT or LCD is not prevented from playing the game. Now anyone who sells an expensive product, claiming that it runs 100% the same as the original and that runs all software and accessories has to launch an update for this.

In the ideal world, the developer could choose to support everything, many did, but I don't think it is an obligation but an option. Those who sell hardware and promise that it runs everything, this one has to work for it, after all he is active for that.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Thread Information