Quantcast

Page 837 of 951 FirstFirst ... 337737787827833834835836837838839840841847887937 ... LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,555 of 14252

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    is there a version of the City Map online? Not feeling having to use the map included...
    There's one earlier in this thread, posted by Nihilblack iirc?

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Something else I have noticed in playing the game a bit. If I have the console connected to the SegaCD, the access/power light on my model 2 SegaCD will still light up occasionally during game play for a second or so. I know it comes on and stays on when you select a CPU assisted player 2, but found it odd that it is still being used apparently when attached even if you don't have a CPU assisted player helping out. And I could be imagining things, but I think the enemies might be easier without the SegaCD attached so it makes me wonder if some code is being executed on the SegaCD during game play related to assets or AI of the enemies even if you aren't using a second player? Could it be these instances I noticed of the SegaCD being accessed that is also the source of in game lockups if you don't have the SegaCD attached?
    The behavior you reported (although not assuring it) is a potential gameplay bug: even without having select the CPU-controlled 2P, the game is still branching to use 2-player AI due to the Sega CD being connected and powered on.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    The behavior you reported (although not assuring it) is a potential gameplay bug: even without having select the CPU-controlled 2P, the game is still branching to use 2-player AI due to the Sega CD being connected and powered on.
    It is obvious when it happens because I changed out the power/access LED on my model 2 to a diffused blue LED about a year ago. So when standing up the play, I see it from the lower portion of my view pretty easily. I need to pay more attention to see if I can see exactly when it was doing this. I recall though that it did appear to do this when loading in assets perhaps between level scrolling and boss encounters. But I would need to confirm. In any event just having the SegaCD attached causes the game to access it from time to time during gameplay even if you aren't using a 2nd player assist. I don't know if that is because it detected it being connected when loading up and then decides to use it sometimes or if the game is trying to look for and access the SegaCD at certain times during game play regardless.

I have an idea. I have the means to capture game play so what I will try and do, is set up my camcorder pointed at the console and SegaCD and capture the game play at the same time. This way, I can go back, sync the two up and that will give a better understanding of what might be happening when the SegaCD lights up occasionally as related to the game?

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    I have an idea. I have the means to capture game play so what I will try and do, is set up my camcorder pointed at the console and SegaCD and capture the game play at the same time. This way, I can go back, sync the two up and that will give a better understanding of what might be happening when the SegaCD lights up occasionally as related to the game?
    Have you tried putting an audio CD in there? Or, better yet, Pier Solar's CD?

IDK, maybe at one point they were planning on having a CD for this game as well.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by otobo View Post
    There's one earlier in this thread, posted by Nihilblack iirc?
    Not by me, but there's an scan of the map in this thread for sure. Don't know the page number tho 😅

EDIT: Found it! It was posted by Devil N.

https://imgur.com/gd2R1qk
    Last edited by nihilblack; 12-24-2020 at 11:53 AM.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by majinga View Post
    Done. And nothing. The game freeze just after i remove the MCD.
    By the way the game freeze at the first stage even with the MCD. Don't seem just an issue with the pin impedance.
    The missing reset is strange. The game try to do something that completely freeze the system.

With my other systems it seem to work well. I played it a bit, up to the stage with the singing golden guy. I don't know what level was that, i was not paying attention.
    I'm using PAL MD, I only have PAL MDs.
    Are you using 8bitdo pads?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Are you using 8bitdo pads?
    Nope

Nope
    Okay just sounded very much like 108stars issue. Not sure what else to suggest at this point.

I finished to remove the gunk from the PCB.
    There is some funny silkscreen under there. It's a shame he covered them with epoxy.
    The main ram is an ISSI IC42S16100SOMETHING
    The ICs on the bottom right are buffers: ON semi LCX245
    The ones on the top left are multiplexer: ON semi LCX257

deunk.jpg
    issi_ic42s16100.jpg
    lcx254.jpg
    lcx257.jpg

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert zborgerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Ug, the Genesis needs a proper arcade stick bad. I think the Grand Stick III looks pretty good, and I'd be willing to grab one of those, if the reviews are good. Not digging the curved plate build, but if it's solid, that's all that matters.
    I use the Brook adapter w/ any of my numerous PS4 / PC arcade sticks. You can get it numerous places since Arcade Shock was a ripoff since they have the North American exclusivity. I got mine instead from Ebay,

https://arcadeshock.com/products/bro...-nec-pc-engine

Looks like they finally dropped the price to $39.95. Used to be something like $55 which was ludicrous.

Also works with PC Engine so it's a double win for me. I use Brook converters w/ several consoles since I play a lot of fighters.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert zborgerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Go tmy copies today. Apparently I had ordered two. Maybe one of them is Dave's? I have no idea. Got one investor copy and one plastic clamshell copy.

Anyway on January 3rd my review will be up on Game Sack. It will have clean capture and stereo sound, of course. Already have an hour and a half of capture (second time playing) and I'll capture more in the coming days. The news about it not working on 1601 model 1s is a pretty good troll. Actually got me pretty good when I turned it on the first time. Spoiler: It works fine.
    So the startup minigame only happens on certain models and it does in fact work on all Genesis consoles and it was just a troll? Does the minigame only occur in non-TMSS systems?

We've had our first wondermega which doesn't work with the game.

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

I finished to remove the gunk from the PCB.
    There is some funny silkscreen under there. It's a shame he covered them with epoxy.
    The main ram is an ISSI IC42S16100SOMETHING
    The ICs on the bottom right are buffers: ON semi LCX245
    The ones on the top left are multiplexer: ON semi LCX257

deunk.jpg
    issi_ic42s16100.jpg
    lcx254.jpg
    lcx257.jpg

Good work, this is a big smack to Jesus 2's obsession with gunking
    electronics.

Both the LCX245 buffers and LCX257 multiplexers provide a means of level shifting.
    Unless I've completely forgotten how to read datasheets.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    We've had our first wondermega which doesn't work with the game.
    I wonder (pun intended) if people will run into issues using the JVC X'Eye and the Sega CDX as well. See edits, issue seems to be related to Wondermega RG-M1 BIOS.
    That again could raise questions about the expansion slot, or lack thereof, and its role into all this.

Now the curveball: find someone with a WonderMega but the one equipped with the rare modified mold that fits a 32X and who also owns a working 32X and a copy of Paprium to plug on top of it to tell us if by plugging the 32X it fixes the issue.

EDIT: OK, checked on Twitter, the guy owns a Victor Wondermega RG-M1:

EDIT2: The same guy (@blast68k) confirmed it freezes at the copyright screen as well. So it's likely the same issue, I just don't know if a 32X would save him.

EDIT3: Very old somewhat related comments by Fonzie!
    http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1423

Also: https://www.sega-16.com/2007/03/sega...tek-mega-cart/
    Last edited by Barone; 12-24-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadispalembang View Post
    Good work, this is a big smack to Jesus 2's obsession with gunking
    electronics.

Both the LCX245 buffers and LCX257 multiplexers provide a means of level shifting.
    Unless I've completely forgotten how to read datasheets.
    I briefly read the datasheets, but seems yes.

Thread Information