Quantcast

Page 840 of 951 FirstFirst ... 340740790830836837838839840841842843844850890940 ... LastLast
Results 12,586 to 12,600 of 14252

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by afro man dan View Post
    How do you do the special attacks?
    So far, the only special attacks are the f,f+B (dashing attack) and the special move you do when you take the Blue Pill. Taking the Blue Pill also has a sort of burst/area of effect attack, that stuns all enemies. Outside of that, no secret special attacks have been discovered, to my knowledge, but I'd be surprised if at least something isn't hidden in there. I will have to experiment with x,y,z combinations, and release combinations, and perhaps something with the Mode button. The game seems to have a lot of inspiration from SoRIII and GAIII, and both of those games had hidden special moves, in addition to the base special moves, so that style of activation may be a good place to start experimenting.

Edit:
    Some minor garbage I noticed:
    - Characters seem to have different Blue Pill duration. There is the initial burst (that causes the stun - within area of effect) These are approximations:
    --- Tug: 13 seconds (7-8 second depletion cooldown)
    --- Alex: 13 seconds (7-8 second depletion cooldown)
    --- Dice: 20 seconds (7-8 second depletion cooldown) Outlier (I tested this on arcade mode with and without enemies on screen (outside first breakable door.))
    --- Electra 23 seconds (~10 second depletion cooldown) This it the only unlockable character I have, but she has crazy blue pill duration.
    --- Baba: 13 seconds (7-8 second depletion cooldown)
    NOTE: On top of this, Electra's Blue Pill has 2 phases, the initial depletion cooldown has the mirage/mirror effect, after that cooldown, the meter starts to deplete, she loses the mirror and just has the flip kick special attack.
    - The initial burst of the Blue Pill has an AoE, only the characters around the player will get stunned. Length may vary by enemy?
    - All characters obviously start at a different addiction level
    - Getting hit while on Blue Pill will deplete the Blue Pill Meter
    - All the characters seem to have some sort of character-specific trait. More than the level of addiction they carry by default, and perhaps how long the high from the blue pill may or may not last, but stuff like:
    - Alex can roll up and down the screen, like SORIII
    - Tug can pick up different "weight" enemies. Everyone can pick up (Grapple + Up + B) the basic small enemy (first enemies in Dice's apartment) but Tug can also pick up the deformed arm guys.
    - Dice doesn't have a noticeable special thing, but it might be the duration of his Blue Pill power.
    - Electra has a really low jump height
    - Electra can't seem to hit doors in the background.
    - Electra can pick up level 2 weight enemies (like tug) (The mutant arm guy, Buddy)
    - Electra can't use weapons as normal, she'll pick up chains/knives etc. and immediately throw them, but can pick up the electric baton and use it as a laser whip (secondary still throws it) Whip as a melee still goes away after a certain amount of attacks
    - Electra's f,f+B looks airborne, but for the purposes of going over an open pit, it will stop at the edge. (no dash attack over pits like Golden Axe... Boooo)
    - Electra gains life of the Bad Pick Up (Moutay) as well as the other packs.
    - Electra doesn't take electric damage the same as other enemies: The first boss just freezes her in place, no knock down, and the 3rd rail on the subway (bottom of the screen on the subway platform) does next to no damage to her. Floating booby robot lasers don't knock down and do almost no damage.
    - Electra picking up the fire extinguisher gets a special immediate throw, it goes randomly zigzagging up and down the screen or back and forth, spraying the contents.
    - As of yet, I've never seen a PIPE when playing arcade mode with Electra. EDIT. I saw a pipe, finally. She just throws it immediately if she picks it up.
    - Electra doesn't see to get thrown, or get grabbed from behind by the chain enemies. (Mojo/Rutumbo) She might be able to, but I haven't seen it, and I tried. A lot. (I did get tied up by the base cop enemy)
    - Baba has the same thing goin with weapons. They all get picked up and tossed immediatly.
    - Baba can still open doors
    - Baba was still getting tied up by Mojo/Rutumbo
    - Baba gets damaged by Moutay
    - Baba has weird move with Mode buttons (is this the Hacking for red kiosk thing?)
    - Baba has super-fast walk speed, no run?
    - Baba can roll up/down like Alex/Electra (L.Ectra... whatever.)

Another weird thing: I'm sure we all know you can MOVE a meat shield from behind. You can still move an enemy in a front grapple as well, you want to grab them, C to move behind them, C to move back to the front, HOLD C on that second side-switch, pressing B + Forward/Up/Down cancels and re-grabs, you move a bit, similar to the jab gliding. Electra moves... A lot. You can reposition enemies on the screen from front grapple like this. Can be useful.

Pause + A+B+C+Start soft resets.
    Last edited by SEGA-Jorge; 12-25-2020 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    So far, the only special attacks are the f,f+B (dashing attack) and the special move you do when you take the Blue Pill. Taking the Blue Pill also has a sort of burst/area of effect attack, that stuns all enemies. Outside of that, no secret special attacks have been discovered, to my knowledge, but I'd be surprised if at least something isn't hidden in there. I will have to experiment with x,y,z combinations, and release combinations, and perhaps something with the Mode button. The game seems to have a lot of inspiration from SoRIII and GAIII, and both of those games had hidden special moves, in addition to the base special moves, so that style of activation may be a good place to start experimenting.
    They are listed in the manual but I can't seem to do them. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post

There's a hole in the bottom, on the right next to the pin connectors... kinda looks like the plastic has melted. Did anyone else notice something like that?
    No, this is a production issue on your cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Barman View Post
    I'm thinking of using hot glue, the kind that you often see on PCBs to prevent capacitors from vibrating.
    That's not hot glue. It's silastic, a silicone based stuff. Both are not the best in this case. I would not bother to reattach the metal plate, but if you wish, a double sided tape will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    ...I guess paying the $10 fee was a waste of cash.
    Indeed it was.
    Last edited by majinga; 12-25-2020 at 05:46 AM.

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

So, it turns out that, in my haste to play Paprium, I dropped that letter that Fonzie included in the packaging. (The one with the explanation about the game, the details about the delays, and changes to the comicbook/instruction manual?) Anyway, my lovely wife found that paper and assumed it was trash. As a result, the letter is somewhere in the city dump. If anyone has a moment to scan the letter, or can point me to a link that has that information, that would be awesome.

I hope you're all having a great Christmas Eve/Holiday!

-SEGA-Jorge!
    chilled made a photo of it before: https://imgbox.com/yjQWWWIM

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    What is your power supply? Aftermarket or original? Ever have problems with official carts?
    It's an original one, 1602-05 although I got that one with another console, a modded 1601 while I was in the UK. I don't remember having freezing issues with other games on my original console; I'll try again with the original adapter.

Is that a custom stick you made? Or a Build-It-Yourself kit?
    It's a Build-It-Yourself kit indeed, from Monster Joysticks, a UK business which started with Raspberry Pi kits, then sticks for retro consoles and computers.
    I discovered them thanks to a nice Youtube retro computing channel, RMC, which they sponsor.
    I also built 2 Master System ones. They offer artwork covers for those, so you can design your own decoration, as they work with various machines. The SMS has virtually no arcade stick properly speaking, so it's awesome to be able to build your own.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Nordak's Avatar

Alright, so I've been following this thread closely as my go to system is a US model 1 VA6 revision board. If I'm reading correctly, most of the trouble is stemming from 50 hz systems? I'm trying to sort out if I'll need to ready another system to play this on or if what I have will most likely work. I do not own a 32x or Sega CD.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by otobo View Post
    It's an original one, 1602-05 although I got that one with another console, a modded 1601 while I was in the UK. I don't remember having freezing issues with other games on my original console; I'll try again with the original adapter.

It's a Build-It-Yourself kit indeed, from Monster Joysticks, a UK business which started with Raspberry Pi kits, then sticks for retro consoles and computers.
    I discovered them thanks to a nice Youtube retro computing channel, RMC, which they sponsor.
    I also built 2 Master System ones. They offer artwork covers for those, so you can design your own decoration, as they work with various machines. The SMS has virtually no arcade stick properly speaking, so it's awesome to be able to build your own.

Oh wow, these look really nice! Thanks for sharing that! I am looking for a Genesis/Megadrive stick. I have 2 of the 6-button arcade sticks, but I would like to get a more serious, dedicated stick for shmups. Thanks again! If it's not too much of a bother, could you post pictures of your Genesis/Megadrive stick?

Are Brazilians receiving the game without the tracking number? Because from what I know the post office holds anything don't registered on their site using the number and your CPF.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordak View Post
    Alright, so I've been following this thread closely as my go to system is a US model 1 VA6 revision board. If I'm reading correctly, most of the trouble is stemming from 50 hz systems? I'm trying to sort out if I'll need to ready another system to play this on or if what I have will most likely work. I do not own a 32x or Sega CD.
    I've read in other places in other forums where quite a few who own Model 1 va6 seem to have issues with the game. My va6 NTSC US model 1 won't get past the copyright screen without the 32x or SegaCD attached. But the rest of my Genesis systems seem to work with the game properly. I've also heard it works on the Nomad without issue.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

As some kind of Christmas miracle, here's the latest PapiRium demo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Si8...Bvuxc7oQR/view

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Nordak's Avatar

Looks like I'll need to dust off my va4. It's the system I got as a teen so I keep it in storage, but it seems fitting to bring it out for this occasion. I need to recap it, but seeing as how I'm preordered for April, I'll have time. Thanks for the info.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by maxi View Post
    Are Brazilians receiving the game without the tracking number? Because from what I know the post office holds anything don't registered on their site using the number and your CPF.
    We are doomed since WM didn't give us the tracking number.
    Our items will likely be shipped back to US.
    Last edited by Barone; 12-25-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Oh wow, these look really nice! Thanks for sharing that! I am looking for a Genesis/Megadrive stick. I have 2 of the 6-button arcade sticks, but I would like to get a more serious, dedicated stick for shmups. Thanks again! If it's not too much of a bother, could you post pictures of your Genesis/Megadrive stick?
    Sure, here's some pictures, so there are 3 buttons on top, and the Start button on the side of your choice. There's an Atari female connector to the back, and a cable. All arcade parts are Sanwa. There's room to add weight if you like, but the weight of the stick and the rubber pads alone give it a good grip.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    As some kind of Christmas miracle, here's the latest PapiRium demo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Si8...Bvuxc7oQR/view
    Does that mean Vetea is working on it again? I think he said something like that last time.
    Because Kenshomething was supposed be taking over at some point (that guy working on an MD shmup).

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    My Genesis Model 1 VA2 works fine. Haven't tried it with Sega CD yet. Will test on all of my other Genesises soon.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapha7 View Post
    Another suggestion for people with this add-on recognition problem:
    - At the copyright screen where it gets stuck, try carefully connecting a turned off Sega/Mega CD. If it goes past this screen, it reinforces that the routine waits for an add-on. If it doesn't work, it might mean that the bootup sequence is so deep into an infinite loop that it crashes the console.
    I think it doesn't await but rather enters a infinite loop when it gets stuck at the copyright screen. Otherwise, the soft reset should work.
    But it doesn't hurt if someone is wiling to test your proposed scenario and get back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordak View Post
    Looks like I'll need to dust off my va4. It's the system I got as a teen so I keep it in storage, but it seems fitting to bring it out for this occasion. I need to recap it, but seeing as how I'm preordered for April, I'll have time. Thanks for the info.
    By April (or later) we should have a lot more info and a couple of verified workarounds.

Thread Information