Quantcast

Page 842 of 951 FirstFirst ... 342742792832838839840841842843844845846852892942 ... LastLast
Results 12,616 to 12,630 of 14252

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Death Adder's minion

Quote Originally Posted by maxi View Post
    Are Brazilians receiving the game without the tracking number? Because from what I know the post office holds anything don't registered on their site using the number and your CPF.
    Woow!!

I hadn't thought of that before!! I was just worried about the taxes, since I got 2 carts (the Stick could not be sent now, for some unknown reason ) and I had no idea how the contents/value declaration was being made.
    Now Im glad I sent to a drop shipping address in Miami!

But as far things are going, It should be delivered without problems, since none of my ~10 orders from China, in the last 2 months had been registered at their site, and also none took longer than 3 weeks to be delivered.
    On the other hand, last US shipping took almost 3 months to get here, around july. Hope there are no problems, with either method.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by maxi View Post
    From my experience on the past couple of years they just confiscate the item and never send back to the origin, what means either Watermelon will simply give a f word you to everyone here or simply refund the value, since it's cheaper than send another cart.
    This is a serious issue and everyone should try to contact them using the site.
    Years ago they would send it back to the sender IF it had been taxed upon arrival at customs and you didn't pay the taxes after x amount of days.
    That happened with me for a European package once. IDK if the rules for US items are different or if they have changed since them.

I opened a ticket 3 days ago and, so far, just cosmic dust is what I got.

Regarding shipping, we have a few issues that are detrimental to us in Brazil:
    - The lack of CPF/ID in their address form. StoneAge and other US stores have adapted their procedures for Brazil since the beginning of this year. WM site is outdated in such regard.

- We don't have the tracking number in WM's site so we're unable to link our ID to the tracking number which was actually a modernization in Brazil's customs procedure that nowadays doesn't require you to go to a postal office to pay taxes anymore. Everything you can do online and it results in much faster processing and delivery, but you need the damn tracking number even if you weren't taxed upon package arrival.

- WM didn't allow you to split the items in different packages (I'd be willing to do that and pay for the shipping myself).
    So, in my case for an example, they bundled the arcade stick with the game copies; total declared valued went up to USD 220.00 and the size and weight of the single box in much higher.
    That's a perfect receipt for being taxed by Brazil's customs and that would imply 60% over the declared value.
    Had they shipped the games separately, I'd never be taxed on those and also unlikely to be taxed for the arcade stick. So, in the end, the free shipping in a single big box will cost a lot on arrival.

Now I'm waiting to see if WM will answer my ticket after the New Year celebrations. If I don't get a response up until first or second week of January, I may end up losing everything as you said.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

It would be interesting to know how it runs in a MegaDrive 2017 or an AtGames clone. And if does work (which I doubt due to how it "deals" with SRAM), what kind of glitches may it have.
    Deep into weird, worrying and scary craze.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMonkey View Post
    It would be interesting to know how it runs in a MegaDrive 2017 or an AtGames clone. And if does work (which I doubt due to how it "deals" with SRAM), what kind of glitches may it have.
    If Esrael Neto could get his hands on a Paprium copy, I wouldn't doubt he would be able to come up with something to make it run on that thing.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Well yes, but a game like this is very prone to glitching (graphically, at least), which means it should give a clue on some of the weird stuff the game does. For example, many layers are missing on the Retron, such as scaling sprites, or some details from Intercom. If Paprium truly applies some sprite multiplexing, I see it glitching like hell, perhaps in a similar pattern as seen in 2018 :P . The system has different timings with the Motorola 68000 being no closer to the original than 9Mhz.
    Deep into weird, worrying and scary craze.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    So do we have a master list of which systems Paprium will not run yet?
    From what I've seen so far that wouldn't be possible. Some models aren't consistent in failing. We need a larger sample.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Does that mean Vetea is working on it again? I think he said something like that last time.
    Because Kenshomething was supposed be taking over at some point (that guy working on an MD shmup).
    I don't know if it's something he's done lately, or just the last thing he did back then that just has decided to share now. I think you're right, the guys from Irena said here that they would take over the PapiRium project, but I don't know if that came to happen, or if Vetea is still involved. Here's the original tweet:

https://twitter.com/noonemachina/sta...45059321933831.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Vetea's Avatar

Hey !
    Merry Xmas, hope you enjoy this little Demo.
    For now I have to finish the English version of "The Chaos Citadel".
    And then ... lets work on PapiRium.
    Hope finish in 2021.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Biggest criticism of Paprium is the poor beat em up gameplay.
    "HEY LETS DO ANOTHER ONE"
    Fonzie logic.
    Last edited by Benkei789; 12-26-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

Game first. Money later.

Nevertheless we must avoid to preorder, to help him.
    He must stay focused on the game. He can't be distracted by things like preorders.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Benkei789 View Post
    Biggest criticism of Paprium is the poor beat em up gameplay.
    Yet this 'biggest criticism' is faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    I think that you meant the Mega Retron HD. I highly doubt that the Retron 5 will play it.
    Oops, you're right, it was the Mega Retron HD. I forgot that existed but somehow registered the Retron 5, although I've never seen one IRL.
    Last edited by otobo; 12-26-2020 at 08:45 AM.

I preordered. I like Fonzie's style and design. I don't really mind the lack of updates and all that jazz. I don't understand why people get so worked up about this.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highlandcattle View Post
    I preordered. I like Fonzie's style and design. I don't really mind the lack of updates and all that jazz. I don't understand why people get so worked up about this.
    What have you done! You understand that if the game will never be released, or delayed, it will be all your fault! Because you prevented him to stay focused on the game!

Death Adder's minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    If Esrael Neto could get his hands on a Paprium copy, I wouldn't doubt he would be able to come up with something to make it run on that thing.
    Ive read about some 'clones' playing it, so maybe its possible, would be willing to unbox mine to test

Thread Information