Quantcast

Page 845 of 951 FirstFirst ... 345745795835841842843844845846847848849855895945 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,675 of 14252

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Aren't some models with hodgepodge parts (due to refurbishing and the like), so you'll never know what its actual model variant is?

I'm going to have to side with Fonzie on this. It's his project, so he can do what he wants with it, even if that means he's limiting the number of people who can enjoy his games.

There's a retro game shop about an hour away from me that only sells retro games and nothing Xbox One/PS4 to newer, and he's doing really well business-wise. This similarly holds true for Fonzie.

Me personally, I find it more interesting to buy a JVC X'Eye or Pioneer Laseractive over a PS5 or XSX. There's something about antiquated hardware that makes it more appealing to me than the shitboxes (like the clone consoles) produced for today's market. IMHO, you should already own the original hardware instead of them.

I also find the Switch to be better than the PS5/XSX (and PS4/XOX) because of its library catering to people like me. And I'm definitely buying the KFConsole for novelty reasons.

So Watermelon is catering to people like me and the company is still in business solely based on novelty. The only types of people complaining are the same ones who lambast Limited Run Games for re-releasing/reprinting rare games like Shantae for Game Boy Color. I can't wait until they are able to reprint Snatcher and Keio's Flying Squadron. The hoarder market is going to get so butthurt.

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

The problem isn't so much with Fonzie's puristic vision or his selective choice of target audience. I can get behind those, and in fact I am part of the intended target audience myself.

The problem is with the condescending and downright insulting manner in which he addresses his potential customers. What's worse, the justifications for his behavior are misinformed and show a complete lack of respect for anything or anyone that doesn't conform to his vision. Anyone who dares to question his methods or decisions is branded a "non-believer" and is to be shunned. This has driven away so many of his customers and collaborators, and his most recent messages show that he hasn't learned a single thing from everything that has happened and that he has no intention to make any changes to the way he approaches his business.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NinMicroSega View Post
    So Watermelon is catering to people like me and the company is still in business solely based on novelty. The only types of people complaining are the same ones who lambast Limited Run Games for re-releasing/reprinting rare games like Shantae for Game Boy Color. I can't wait until they are able to reprint Snatcher and Keio's Flying Squadron. The hoarder market is going to get so butthurt.
    It's exactly the opposite.

Making Paprium work on more machines, or re-releasing or reprinting rare games: making games playable by more people.
    Making Paprium only work on original consoles, or shunning re-relases or reprints: elitist gate-keeping bullshit.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

...I can't wait until they are able to reprint Snatcher and Keio's Flying Squadron
    ? We are already able to reprint this games. Get the iso, a blank CD and you are done!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    Well, I finished the game in all modes and lost a few good hours on them.
    Have you got a good ending?

How many stages does an Arena mode have?

Aren't some models with hodgepodge parts (due to refurbishing and the like), so you'll never know what its actual model variant is?
    None of the models I own have been refurbished, and the one console with the NTSC mod (which ist working) I modded myself, so these are genuine articles.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Quote Originally Posted by majinga View Post
    ? We are already able to reprint this games. Get the iso, a blank CD and you are done!
    Let me clarify:

Official reprints.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

Let me clarify:

Official reprints.
    Let me clarify. I don't get this.
    Sometimes i have the feeling that people give more importance to the package than the game itself.
    I mean, if i burn the game in a CD is bad. But, if someone do the same and resell it as "official" is good?
    The game is the same!
    What's the difference? That you have the manual? Get a printer!

Master of Shinobi

most people (the kind of people that do not go on retro forums) are still connecting their hardware without any kind of external scaler and I don't think recent TVs are far better than the ones from 10 years ago. I got a rad2x a I think it's good enough for anyone looking to have a better picture at a low cost, but most people won't buy a device when they know they can just hook their old console to the tv and be done with it.
    And that's when the quality takes a hit. plus lag.

That's what Fonzie is going against (not in the most elegant manner, very far from that). I thought most of this forum members were too. We've always privileged playing on real hardware + crt and now we are complaining because the guy does not want people to play his game on clone (albeit good) hardware + flat TVs.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Wildside Expert

Right, but there is a lot of mystery about Japanese VA5 model 1. Some do have TMSS, contrary to the information in the topic: "GUIDE: Telling apart good Genesis 1s and Genesis 2s from bad ones."
    And whether they have it or not, it still doesn't say if the game will work with them.
    Last edited by Barman; 12-27-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    Shinobi - the name means stealth.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

fucksake, this thread does not bode well for my non TMSS model & forthcoming cart

can everdrives handle it alright? is a solid ROM going around yet?

Well, I don't think it's WaterMelon's job to make the game work on a clone. They (Fonzie) shouldn't do anything to prevent it from working in one and if he did something like this he's a douchebag (he probably is). There are only so much copies in existence of a videogame that is not produced anymore and I think it is ludicrous of him if WM tries to prevent the game from working on clones that ARE produced nowadays. In fact it would be nice if WM tried to make it work on them too. That said, I don't oppose this game never getting a rerelease on newer consoles or a ROM release (I still wish a ROM ended up existing just so we know how much the Datenmeister actually does).
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    can everdrives handle it alright? is a solid ROM going around yet?
    Everdrives and emulators don't emulate Datenmeister's set of chips.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

I never knew we had so many purists on here. There are only so many mega drives / genesis to go around. I welcome things like the mega sg as CRTs aren't going to last forever.

Thread Information