Quantcast

Page 848 of 951 FirstFirst ... 348748798838844845846847848849850851852858898948 ... LastLast
Results 12,706 to 12,720 of 14252

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    With all the talk of this game not running on so many models of the original hardware, I'm starting to worry that it's, low-key, potentially damaging any and all models merely as a result of its use. Can anyone confirm that we aren't inadvertently damaging our model 1's do to any overlooked components not being compatible with the hardware? I don't want to damage my consoles playing this game.

I'm aging the hell out of it, testing stuff, leaving it running while I'm posting stuff on here, etc. And it's gotten warm before. That was weird as hell.

Note: playing on an HDG Model 1 w/ TMSS. I'm on a VA6, I reckon. I can't remember which one I have hooked up, but it works. I'm only buying/collecting model 1's, and I have about 4 of them. I should see if it runs on all of them.
    The game is properly level shifted if you are worried about that. was like ten pages back or something.

Wildside Expert

Wow, thanks for that info!! Will sure help those who try the method explained by Barone.
    Shinobi - the name means stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by nieds16 View Post
    Lost the ring within a year. We stopped at an outlet mall on the way to visit my parents. Drove an hour back to try to find with no luck (it was a long shot). Still married but no ring. Maybe one day when I can afford again I will go down that path again, but it is still a bitter sting.
    Damn, man. You should have paid for insurance on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NinMicroSega View Post
    Damn, man. You should have paid for insurance on it.
    Insurance not offered. Custom made by an artist.

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

As far as hardware goes within the cart, according to majinga's findings on page 60 and 79 of this topic, we have:
    ALTERA 10m02scu169c8g FPGA
    STM32f446zej6 Microcontroller
    ISSI IC42S16100 DRAM
    LCX245 Buffers
    LCX257 Multiplexers

No problem. I just wished I had come across this page earlier. Just reading about the fact that a Sega CD
    being present increases chances of the game running, immediately reminded me of seeing that ceramic
    capacitor at one point when I first opened the system.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gadispalembang View Post
    I mean, EVERY chip that was covered in the gunk. If you updated that post, then I'll take a look at it. ...
    Yes, every chip. Maybe it was not clear from the other posts.
    chips.jpg

Master of Shinobi

I think, as I said, that Fonzie knows most people buying this game don't have neither a Mega SG nor any external upscaler so modern TVs are still a problem image quality wise (lag was never the only problem). Most buyers just dug up their old megadrive from the basement or more likely bought a second hand one from ebay etc to relive their childhood memories. Those are connecting via composite (or RGB en Europe) most likely, directly to the TV. Good luck having a good enough image quality on that (moreso on dithered games).
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Quote Originally Posted by majinga View Post
    Yes, every chip. Maybe it was not clear from the other posts.
    chips.jpg
    Ah yeah, that Spansion chip slipped through my fingers.

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    I think, as I said, that Fonzie knows most people buying this game don't have neither a Mega SG nor any external upscaler so modern TVs are still a problem image quality wise (lag was never the only problem). Most buyers just dug up their old megadrive from the basement or more likely bought a second hand one from ebay etc to relive their childhood memories. Those are connecting via composite (or RGB en Europe) most likely, directly to the TV. Good luck having a good enough image quality on that (moreso on dithered games).
    But isn't that everyone's own responsibility? I sure don't need Fonzie to tell me that my setup is not good enough for his high standards. It's preachy and elitist finger wagging. If I have the hardware that will allow me to run the game, just let me enjoy it in my own way.

Besides, the point I tried to make earlier is that people have more options now, options that weren't available 10 years ago. If you're willing to spend some time on research, you can find some very accessible and reasonably affordable ways now to get a high-quality, accurate and authentic retro gaming experience on a modern flatscreen TV. Fonzie is casually dismissing all of those options with invalid and outdated arguments.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    The game is properly level shifted if you are worried about that. was like ten pages back or something.
    Okay, that's really great to hear. Thanks for the info!

That makes me wonder...has anyone tried plugging a Sega CD into the Mega SG to see if that gets Paprium to work in a Mega SG?

I want new Megadrive/Genesis games, but I learned my lesson. I need WM/Fonzie to shoot straight with the community that put its trust and money into his team. I can't in good faith keep giving this guy money, so he can fail to deliver on even the most simplest of dev updates, etc. I'm willing to miss out on his games to demand professional integrity from the indi-devs I support.

Best of luck to WM/Fonzie. If you ever deicide to get your act together and maintain a more realistic, professional, transparent development process, make sure to let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Here are results of testing with my cart on some NTSC models I have on hand with my cart:

Note: These are results from the consoles themselves without any attachments-

Model 1 va2: Works correctly and is the main console I've been playing the game with since I got it yesterday afternoon
    Model 1 va6: Works only when attached to model 2 SegaCD unit or has a 32x attached.
    Model 2 va1: Works properly
    Model 1 va3 - works
    JPN MD Model 1 va3 - works

In summary, all of my on hand Genesis units play the game just fine minus my model 1 va6 which appears to require either the 32x to be attached to it or for it to be attached to the SegaCD in order for the game to boot past the copyright screen. Once booted they game plays just fine on that particular variant.
    Um, I'm playing just fine on a Model 1 VA6. No Sega CD/32x.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    But isn't that everyone's own responsibility? I sure don't need Fonzie to tell me that my setup is not good enough for his high standards. It's preachy and elitist finger wagging. If I have the hardware that will allow me to run the game, just let me enjoy it in my own way.

Besides, the point I tried to make earlier is that people have more options now, options that weren't available 10 years ago. If you're willing to spend some time on research, you can find some very accessible and reasonably affordable ways now to get a high-quality, accurate and authentic retro gaming experience on a modern flatscreen TV. Fonzie is casually dismissing all of those options with invalid and outdated arguments.
    Agreed with everything in this post, except maybe I wouldn´t call Mega SG / OSSC affordable. 10 years ago you could already do that with the expensive framemeister. I'm glad there are cheaper options now (pretty happy with my rad2x)
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Thread Information