Quantcast

Page 946 of 951 FirstFirst ... 446846896936942943944945946947948949950 ... LastLast
Results 14,176 to 14,190 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

  1. #14176
    Sports Talker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edek View Post
    Just passing by reading the newish comments on this thread and tbh you sound like complete self absorbed dick. You seem to think the fact that you are an admin on another forum or an admin at all elevates you above other people, honestly i cringed your posts on this thread, regardless of whether i do or don't agree with the overall point you are trying to make. Oh, and before you say 'you've only got 20 or so posts what the fuck sort of member are you' I don't spend my life on a computer trying to make out i'm something i'm not. Jesus Christ, get a grip, ffs.
    Ok... let's get into some REAL talk...

    Member: 2015.. posts 37... aka... 6 posts a YEAR.... now... you're calling me an self absorbed dick... but at least I have a dick and show up to the party.... unlike you...

    NNNOOWW...as for me turning up on this site... I was interested when Bonuskun who I have known for close to 20 years suggested I should look at this idiot fest...

    Upon reading it... I have found your memberbase to have it's usual selection of:

    A) Flippers... gougers...
    B) Captain Hindsight figures who only post and try to score points when they have obviously NO interest in keeping their own site alive... probably just here for the market....
    C) Idiots like Nano babe and Edek who obviously don't give a shit about this place but will post if they think someone is making a valid point and want to stop it... Z"OMG.... I don't spend my entire life in front of a PC... but will buy and sell shit on a free gaming platform... SOUND about right?

    .... I fear for Melfs forum... with such a poor low calibre membership base like you 2 idiots....

    From what I have seen posted recently... I would suggest you shouldn't really be asking why i am here... you should be looking in the mirror and asking why YOU are here...

    xROTx

    PS. NNNOOWW... here's a question for you... do you even know whom I am? because by calling me a self absorbed Dick... you obviously have no idea who I am or what I have done for the scene...

  2. #14177
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm calling you a self absorbed dick based on the ridiculous comments you have made in this thread and i am here because i am obviously interested in the subject matter of this forum. I don't give a shit about what you have apparently done for the scene. If there are that many flippers, gougers and undesirebles in this forum fuck off and don't come back, if you are so good friends with Bonuskin, give him a ring or something, don't put yourself through the hassle of coming to such an apparently shitty forum like this, eh?

  3. #14178
    Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,589
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    This thread is not goin' anywhere. As far as the current membership, quality of posts, and volume of traffic to new content, this forum is and has been, the walking dead for some time. And frankly, it's because more people are posting in here than they are in other areas. It's a shame, because there is such an absurd amount of knowledgeable, friendly people in this community, and all that goes untapped, because all most members care to comment or contribute to on is this unfortunate situation. I really hope everyone who invested eventually gets their product, or a refund, but I really don't think that calling each other names and insulting new members, regardless of post count, contributions, etc. is really helping anything.

    That being said, this is an ongoing issue with WM and Paprium, with lots of members having quite a bit of money tied up in this project. I imagine some folks wrote that money off some time ago, but the game actually releasing changed a lot of things. I can understand why the community is seeing more traffic for this game and its threads, but I do wish that same energy was put into the community and the existing games on the hardware.

    Put that energy into other areas of the site. Comment on some other threads, answer a question, or just pop into a thread and say hi. If you're not busy here, hit us up in the Sega-16 discord, and we can talk Sega over there too.

    Edit:
    Gotta comment on this gouging/reselling etc. nonsense. This is a part of the community now. All vintage/retro gaming communities are like this, some worse than others, but new and existing members making money off this hobby is a thing that we'll have to deal with. As vintage gaming gets more popular, and more devs, publishers, accessories manufacturers, and YT personalities see the interest and passion the communities have for these old consoles and games, the more they'll aim to profit off that. We have to be realistic and take the good with the bad. There's more games, accessories, and activity in the communities than we've had in a long time, and the amount of content and people to engage that share a love for these games has increased, from my experience.

    I really don't like that games are as expensive as they are, and I don't like that limited run/etc. is getting into this, and further complicating things for the secondary market, but it's an unfortunate reality of being into any hobby that is seeing a massive increase in interest. I hope some of these new members play these games, and actually enjoy them, rather than just learning the ins and outs of acquiring, and subsequently selling off games to enthusiasts at a profit, but them's the breaks.

    That being said, I don't think members of the community should be looking to fleece other folks here. It's a small, tight-knit community, and people will remember these interactions. So whether it's in selling, trading, research, match making, or simply stopping by cause your friend told you this place is a bit of a mess, which it is, people need to be considerate. Some of the new members, or even older members with limited/low post counts can turn into contributing members.
    Last edited by SEGA-Jorge; 04-26-2021 at 11:13 PM.

  4. #14179
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,223
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Jorge - I agree with you. This is going nowhere. So, this will be my last comment here.

    By the way though, I was lurking over on Neo-Geo.com earlier and there was a discussion in the chat between rot and BonusKun (AKA Viewpoint) about how I'm this bad guy, at one point I was even referred to as the Billy Pitt (aka supergun, aka Proto King) of Sega-16 I mean what does he think I'm going to do, start selling fake Paprium carts? Then BonusKun said he had been looking for a reason to ban me, but I'm still here so I guess he had a change of heart lol. I'm disappointed, getting banned from a gaming forum would have made my day.

    When people accused me of gouging (with no proof, of course) I played along with it for a bit because I found it funny and I have nothing to prove to anyone. Some of you however know my real name and eBay account, so go ahead and look at my sales, see if I've made even one deal you find disagreeable. Better yet - look at my feedback (100% positive) and ask yourself why the people who have actually done business with me have zero complaints. For what it's worth I've sold very few games over the last 20+ years, but I've given away over a thousand, because to me they are just that, games.
    Last edited by axel; 04-27-2021 at 03:08 AM.

  5. #14180
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    500
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Why is this Rot person not yet banned? For posts like that, I would have given a warning ages ago, and a permaban days ago. Who cares if he's an admin somewhere else.

  6. #14181
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,460
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    The amount of forum space Paprium has achieved since the beginning just proves how big and dramatic this game and this release is, whatever your opinion on the subject is. And it's ongoing. I'm not sure many of the posters on this thread would be contributing to improve and update all those resourceful posts (compatibility lists, regional differences, modding guides, etc etc) hosted on this very forum if this thread (or drama) didn't exist.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

  7. #14182
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Insulting and rude doesn't cut~it for His language alone ~ Goading other people ~ not even worth mentioning going off-topic at this point. Rot Has Got A very large got a chip on his shoulder
    Last edited by Nano Babe; 04-27-2021 at 12:44 PM.

  8. #14183
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    72

    Mario

    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Jorge - I agree with you. This is going nowhere. So, this will be my last comment here.

    By the way though, I was lurking over on Neo-Geo.com earlier and there was a discussion in the chat between rot and BonusKun (AKA Viewpoint) about how I'm this bad guy, at one point I was even referred to as the Billy Pitt (aka supergun, aka Proto King) of Sega-16 I mean what does he think I'm going to do, start selling fake Paprium carts? Then BonusKun said he had been looking for a reason to ban me, but I'm still here so I guess he had a change of heart lol. I'm disappointed, getting banned from a gaming forum would have made my day.
    I'll be honest I have zero tolerance for price gouging. I've heard so many excuses from so many people over the years but the answer is always the same. Buying up games to sell for a profit to people because they weren't fast enough to get a game for themselves. It's a gross way to do business and even if people are doing now with the PS5s and Xbox Series consoles, It doesn't make it any less lame by the people who do it.

    You already admitted you were doing it in this thread so I don't see what you have to gain by backpedaling already. People here are going to just be cautious when dealing with you since you only care about number one.

    Jorge: Very good points indeed.

    @ Roce: What rot has said here is tame compared to some of the crap I've seen people pull here before. Let's be honest about this tho in that the paprium thread turned into a garbage fire because Fonzie obviously doesn't care about his reputation enough to send everyone the game they paid for which is a damn shame.

    If you think rot should be banned then there's a heck of a lot of people here way ahead of him who should have been nuked ages ago.

    Edit:

    Hi BonusKun,

    Just asking a small favor, if it's not too much trouble of course - could you please ban or at least temporarily suspend my account for a bit? You can say that I gouged a member or I tried to sell a fake proto, whatever you think is best. Maybe in six months I'll come back with an apology thread and accept that I've been banished from the marketplace, that sort of deal. Could you do that for me, please?

    Thanks!!
    -Axel
    If you're trying to goad me into giving you a time out then I can do so. I know you're trying to be funny but be careful what you ask for in PMs. Anyways what's been going on here is just bantering from people who have nothing else better to do myself included. Nobody's really broken any real rules yet so if that does happen then yeah I'll step in. Also some of you guys need thicker skin. This is the internet and you won't last long if you get upset at words by people who probably don't even live near you.

    Edit: Shockingly I have an on topic question about this game.

    Is it true the cart actually has a port on it for a possible software upgrade for the game?

    That's kind of a first for me with Genesis carts so I'm curious why Fonzie decided to add this.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 04-27-2021 at 07:53 AM.
    05/05/15

  9. #14184
    Sports Talker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Man... sometimes I wonder why ANY of you members here even login.

    You don't contribute, you don't post... no one knows who ANY of the recent idiots who can't accept that your forum is suffering because discord allows people NOT to login and post...is an imbecile...

    Hard truth is your forum is dying. Pretty much dead anyway.

    On a side note... the member here Axel. It wasn't hard to figure out who you were for someone like me.

    Your account stll exists but you may find it hard to access. NOW, the brutal truth is that I KNOW most of you guys & I tend to hold a grudge.

    xROTx
    Last edited by Rot; 04-27-2021 at 01:26 PM.

  10. #14185
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Puyo

    Edit: Shockingly I have an on topic question about this game.

    Is it true the cart actually has a port on it for a possible software upgrade for the game?

    That's kind of a first for me with Genesis carts so I'm curious why Fonzie decided to add this.
    Yes it haves a P1 output to connect to Wm Megawire and update the game, buy DLC content or even upload throphy and score ^^
    Last edited by BonusKun; 04-27-2021 at 01:37 PM.
    "There's no knowledge, that is not power..."

  11. #14186
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    72

    kirby

    That's kinda cool. I still don't want to buy the game but it's nice seeing something new being added for old tech. I hope if anything it'll lead to some bug fixes which I heard there were a few.




    Also thanks for all the reps in this thread guys. Seems I'm not the only one who's a bit annoyed at price gouging and flipping.

    Edit:

    Dear Melf, sorry to bother you but if you have a few minutes could you please nuke my account? I know your time is valuable so if you want a donation or something just let me know. Thanks, Axel
    I'm not sure why you're constantly PMing me. Maybe you're trying to run with your tail between your legs or are trying to divert attention from yourself. Whatever it is, it's not working because I don't care that much about this situation that much. If anything rot already tore your butthole a new one so I have no need for any sloppy seconds.

    Just do yourself a favor and lay low for awhile and maybe people will forget how you made yourself look like an idiot here.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 04-27-2021 at 02:04 PM.
    05/05/15

  12. #14187
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenshinsp View Post
    Yes it haves a P1 output to connect to Wm Megawire and update the game, buy DLC content or even upload throphy and score ^^
    There is what seem a JTAG connector. Is used to program the cart for the production.
    It can be used to reprogram the cart, but it's very unlikely that this happen, because this mean release the binaries of the game.
    And you need a programmer to flash the cart.

  13. #14188
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Nops like I said it's for the megawire, I have one here dude and there's a lot os possibilities being made to it
    "There's no knowledge, that is not power..."

  14. #14189
    Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,589
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Man... sometimes I wonder why ANY of you members here even login.

    You don't contribute, you don't post... no one knows who ANY of the recent idiots who can't accept that your forum is suffering because discord allows people NOT to login and post...is an imbecile...

    Hard truth is your forum is dying. Pretty much dead anyway.

    On a side note... the member here Axel. It wasn't hard to figure out who you were for someone like me.

    Your account stll exists but you may find it hard to access. NOW, the brutal truth is that I KNOW most of you guys & I tend to hold a grudge.

    xROTx
    I'm not sure if you mean everyone, or just the random folks you've been ripping on, but some people do contribute, and some of them are active in our Discord as well. I don't necessarily believe all members need to be contributing/posting/creating threads, etc. There is a quite a bit of traffic that a community will get that is just utility members. People that use the forum as a tool, rather than a community. I don't really look at it that way, but I'm also kinda light on my post count, but it's not from a lack of interest or fondness for the hobby or the community. Just that I don't post as often because I'm awfully long-winded.

    It's totally acceptable to be a member that just uses a forum as a utility, that's literally most community members. The core members of any community will almost always be a tiny percentage of the userbase. I think core/veteran members need to be the community members that help new users and try to drive conversation, answer questions, etc.

    That being said, I've never really understood this tough love/"if you were at my forum" stuff. Online communities are just That. Communities. Some are more helpful/friendly than others, but I don't believe that tearing up members, regardless of how much the contribute or don't, is conducive to building a community. Protecting/policing a community is not the same as building it. And if any forum is going to survive, chasing off new members is not the way to do it. If maintaining and building a community is our goal, we're kinda hurting ourselves when we ask why this or that person logs in, or that their post count is too low, etc. None of that is welcoming, fixes nothing, and just reduces our numbers. Thing is, those members don't really leave, they were utility members to begin with. They were already giving and getting what they wanted. They didn't have plans to contribute (whatever that means, I don't contribute, and I've been here a long while.) And being called names, etc. probably won't push them into being high-post count/contributing members.

    Anyway, Sega-16 Discord is there, if you're interested. Could always use anther person to talk games with.

  15. #14190
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    rot already tore your butthole a new one so I have no need for any sloppy seconds.
    You're a 49 year old man who talks about torn buttholes and sloppy seconds and who gets pumped-up on receiving digital rep along with your power as a moderator on a game forum.
    That's all.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •