Quantcast

Page 966 of 966 FirstFirst ... 466866916956962963964965966
Results 14,476 to 14,483 of 14483

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Since we're talking the Kickstarter here I took a chance and order a copy for GameGear, a MegaWire, and a MegaDrive copy (since my order from a year ago off their site fell through). My big concern is whether they already have the Genesis copies in hand or were going to try and manufacture more which seems like it would really push delivery out beyond their Dec 2022 estimate. I've already been trying to get my hands on a Paprium copy for a year without paying a kidney on eBay but I keep looking since who knows when the KS version will arrive. I already figured the GameGear version probably wouldn't make the 12/2022 timeframe given parts shortages and their track record.

wait, were you able to order a copy of Paprium from WM oustide of the Kickstarter? and via Paypal no less

EDIT: This was supposed to be a reply to a previous post, guess it didn't work out as planned
    Last edited by woodcan; 01-14-2022 at 01:27 AM. Reason: was supposed to be a reply to a previous post

That sounds pretty shady. I didn't think Fonzi was lying but figured maybe he was embellishing a little.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by woodcan View Post
    That sounds pretty shady. I didn't think Fonzi was lying but figured maybe he was embellishing a little.
    Call me a hater, but that article does not prove that happened to Fonzie. After all the bullshit (Air France's lost package, the release party, etc), it takes a lot of faith to take what he says at face value.
    And if PayPal actually scammed Fonzie, I still can't understand how that'd explain what happened:

In the December 2017 Facebook posting, Fonzie claims they received the funds blocked by Paypal. He also says that the infamous 50 factories are stocking everything for final assembly. What people didnít know was that this *final assembly* was two (three?) years away.

So now, almost two years later, we learn that Paypal:

a) blocked the funds again (or)
    b) never returned the funds.
    If a) Why did Fonzie use Paypal again? Especially when he said in December 2017 that they were going to change payment processors.
    If b) What hope does Fonzie have that Paypal will return the money not returned before? Is Paypal really going to sit on that money for several fiscal years, waiting for Fonzie to get a corporate bank account in Hong Kong? As I said in my previous post, isnít it more likely that Paypal would already have done chargebacks after voiding the orders?
    Source: https://papriumfiasco.wordpress.com/...t-the-factory/

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Call me a hater, but that article does not prove that happened to Fonzie. After all the bullshit (Air France's lost package, the release party, etc), it takes a lot of faith to take what he says at face value.
    And if PayPal actually scammed Fonzie, I still can't understand how that'd explain what happened:

Source: https://papriumfiasco.wordpress.com/...t-the-factory/
    Ah, I hadn't seen that and it does seem pretty shady on Fonzi's part regardless. I thought he said they changed from US to China PayPal at least but who the heck knows what really went on.
    I wasn't familiar with this accounting of the Paprium story just that he was short on communication and the game was delayed years on end.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training HyperSnugz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gadispalembang View Post
    A small bit of information some of you may find interesting.

Recently I purchased a "Magic Wild Card", Famicom Disk System emulator from a seller in Hong Kong.

This is the link to the item I bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/35368251374...2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

When the item arrived, I noticed the name "Wong Kim Biu" on the package.

Then I realized it's the same name as the paypal address I had sent money to for the MegaWire and copy of Paprium:

I asked the seller about the MegaWire and Paprium, but I haven't received any responses.
    Could this be WM's "partner in crime"?
    Okay, this looks genuinely interesting... I know nothing about this controversy but it seems like nobody else picked up on this reply.

Also, moving PayPal accounts from US to CN sounds fishy of its own accord, pretty much anything that suddenly goes and does that is doing it either to cut costs or circumvent some kind of legislatory thing and exploit people.
    The 32X deserved to exist, if only to pave the way for the creation of the best waifu ever.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperSnugz View Post
    Okay, this looks genuinely interesting... I know nothing about this controversy but it seems like nobody else picked up on this reply.

Also, moving PayPal accounts from US to CN sounds fishy of its own accord, pretty much anything that suddenly goes and does that is doing it either to cut costs or circumvent some kind of legislatory thing and exploit people.
    I tried to reply above but the quote got stripped.

I'm surprised they were able to order a copy of Paprium and a Megawire from WM oustide of the Kickstarter since they process payment directly. Also, why with all the PayPal problems and allegations are they STILL using PayPal?!?
    That person who the money was sent to may be who's running the factory fulfillment in HK but this WM story gets more convoluted every day.

Thread Information