Quantcast

Page 917 of 951 FirstFirst ... 417817867907913914915916917918919920921927 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,755 of 14265

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    My copy has moved from "Packing" to "Shipping"
    Soon I'll be a cool kid too!
    That's encouraging! On the other hand mine has been in "Shipping" status since Dec 14 so you may need to broaden your expectations of the word "soon"

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RvR View Post
    This discussion makes me hope we get some awesome SCD homebrews one day that push the limits on the 2D style games its capable of.
    The Mega Drive market is niche enough without narrowing it down to Sega CD owners only lol

Sports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
    That's encouraging! On the other hand mine has been in "Shipping" status since Dec 14 so you may need to broaden your expectations of the word "soon"
    Yeah, I second this. I just logged in to check any movement on my order and the status has not changed - '15/12/2020 - 19:56 - Las Vegas USA - Shipping...'

It's actually seven weeks today since I got confirmation my game was 'Shipping...' Manage your expectations, I'm not sure you will see it anytime soon, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Wildside Expert

Mine shows the same.
    Last Update: 15/12/2020 - 19:56
    15/12/2020 - 19:56 - Las Vegas USA - Shipping...
    Would be nice if Watermelon had any customer service at all....
    So those of us getting the game in 2021, does that mean we get an updated and fixed version that works with every console now? That MUST be the reason for the delay.

My pre-order just moved to Shipping status.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    That MUST be the reason for the delay.
    Doubtful, most likely the only thing fixed will be the internal shield.

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

So Zack Snyder teased an image of the new Joker which will feature in his extended cut of Justice League and, well...

... now who does that remind me of? 🤔

Road Rasher

My copy has moved from "Packing" to "Shipping"
    Soon I'll be a cool kid too!
    😂 status of shipping means nothing at all, sorry! Mine as been “shipping” since dec 14, still no update or tracking. It’s never been shipped, its all BS.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

LOL! You guys are giving me no reason to celebrate :P They had set Jan25 as the day their customer service was coming back so hopefully this coincides with shipping stuff.

Their customer service sounds as overwhelmed as most trading brokers right now :P
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Indeed anything from WM must be taken with many grains of salt, but for as little or meaningless as it may be, It seems like some progress at least.

It was "packing" since the 15th of December, so this feels better than having no change at all.

Check out this email that I got yesterday (I don't check my emails daily):

Dear IcedSnowman,

One or more pre-order is now available for shipping. Just one last step needed from you!

To check-out your pre-order(s), please use the link below:
    https://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/

Note: You will need to sign-in.

Do not answer this email directly. For any concerns or questions, check the link below:
    https://www.magicalgamefactory.com/e...act-support_5/

See You Soon!

WATERMELON TEAM

I'm logging into the MGF now. I let Y'all know how it goes after.

My PAPRIUM INVESTOR(U) said, "This pre-ordered item is ready to ship!"

My shipping options were Standard (Free) or Friendship (USD$10). LOL, are you kidding me Fonzie? After over 8 years & 10 months, do you really think that I'm going to pay you $10 dollars for Friendship shipping? What the hell is Friendship shipping? Do you think that I will become your friend, Fonzie, if I pay you for extra shipping with absolutely no description of how much faster it will ship to me with this option selected? Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Checkout (1/3) had my name, email & phone still stored, but I had to input my address. Then there was a block that had "Notes to the WM staff (optional)". I had to think for a moment of what to type in here. I could have left it blank, but after all this time it seemed reasonable to state something in there. Then, my mind went blank. Writer's block. Do I note my rage? Honestly, most of it left years ago. Do I mock the shipping selections? Do I mock the absolute absurdity that Paprium has become?

No. The day, which I doubted would come, is here, now. This is what typed in the block: Matthew 6:14

Checkout (2/3) just had me double-check & confirm everything.

Checkout (3/3) stated: Congratulations!
    We are now processing your order. We have sent you an email with a link to access your order status page.

You have the option to click the "Order status page".

My status is Order Completed and "Packing".

LOL! You guys are giving me no reason to celebrate :P They had set Jan25 as the day their customer service was coming back so hopefully this coincides with shipping stuff.

Their customer service sounds as overwhelmed as most trading brokers right now :P
    We were supposed to get the game back in 2017 so Jan 25th probably means May 25th.

Still haven't got my refund which you'd think would be easier to deal with.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    I think that Paprium, like Pier Solar, was actually marketed as the biggest "16-bit" game. Even if you're only counting consoles that aren't Neo Geo, it's still silly considering CD games exist and many are much larger even when you don't count wav files, the extra hardware decompressed audio and fmv.

There are also SNES games with roms that are larger when decompressed by their cart's dedicated chip. I understand that most games use some kind of compression and it gets subjective at this point...

But all of those games were officially released bitd using current practical technology. Paprium uses a super powerful chip from decades in the future and adds much than say the PC Engine CD-ROM did.

Looking at actual the game, with the limited amount of animation for the given number of unique sprites... and the backgrounds being built so much by tiles instead of being set pieces like SFII... it looks like aside from sampled audio, at most Paprium is comparable in size to SFIICE and much smaller than the uncompressed SSFII port for Mega Drive.

Just look at a sprite sheet for a single character from Eternal Champions.The same game also has backgrounds that look like unique paintings.

Even if the rom chip(s) totals 80 megs capacity, it was budgeted before work on the game began. The audio is noticeably muffled for a chip that can handle 32 channels at 48kHz. So if the full rom space is used, it's mostly for the non-Mega Drive hardware audio.

Just like Sega-CD games.

But again, it's silly to even hype something like that instead of producing a product first and then promote the game on actually achieved merits.
    Well, I'm not into Paprium, but I did love Pier Solar, and as far as I know, its marketing was legit, as the biggest 16-bit cartridge game for Genesis... or something like that.

You're right that Neo Geo games destroy the whole idea lol but at least for Pier Solar, if it's phrased in the right way, it's true (that it was the biggest Gen cart).

Sports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    My PAPRIUM INVESTOR(U) said, "This pre-ordered item is ready to ship!"

My shipping options were Standard (Free) or Friendship (USD$10). LOL, are you kidding me Fonzie? After over 8 years & 10 months, do you really think that I'm going to pay you $10 dollars for Friendship shipping? What the hell is Friendship shipping? Do you think that I will become your friend, Fonzie, if I pay you for extra shipping with absolutely no description of how much faster it will ship to me with this option selected? Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Checkout (1/3) had my name, email & phone still stored, but I had to input my address. Then there was a block that had "Notes to the WM staff (optional)". I had to think for a moment of what to type in here. I could have left it blank, but after all this time it seemed reasonable to state something in there. Then, my mind went blank. Writer's block. Do I note my rage? Honestly, most of it left years ago. Do I mock the shipping selections? Do I mock the absolute absurdity that Paprium has become?

No. The day, which I doubted would come, is here, now. This is what typed in the block: Matthew 6:14

Checkout (2/3) just had me double-check & confirm everything.

Checkout (3/3) stated: Congratulations!
    We are now processing your order. We have sent you an email with a link to access your order status page.

You have the option to click the "Order status page".

My status is Order Completed and "Packing".
    That email, the link and the confirmation you sent looks the same as the one those of us still in 'shipping...' were sent and confirmed seven weeks ago.
    I didn't realise there were some people who had not even been asked to confirm their address details at this point. I don't remember being asked if I wanted to pay an additional amount for shipping, but for $10 I probably would have done it, although I am sure I read one of the guys here paid extra and hasn't received his game any faster.

I wonder if any of this movement on asking people to confirm details or status changes even means anything? It would not surprise me at this point if some people who have been waiting for weeks see newer orders then ship before theirs!

Looking at my order details, I ordered the 'PAPRIUM LIMITED(U)' and it's order number 87131 and parcel number 32743, for the rest of you still waiting, is the parcel number much different to this? Still trying to figure out how they have decided on dispatch order.

Thread Information