Quantcast

Page 922 of 950 FirstFirst ... 422822872912918919920921922923924925926932 ... LastLast
Results 13,816 to 13,830 of 14250

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Road Rasher

I always appreciate your help communicating, put calling people shitty for asking refunds through paypal is kinda shitty... WM only got themselves to blame, despite Fonzie thinking he’s the victim once again. He lied so many times in the past that whatever he says I just dont buy it anymore. I suggest you do the same, keep your distances to what he tells you

Since there is now another "Where is my copy of Paprium" thread on this subforum, as well as a Review thread in the main forum, I am inclined just for the sake of the users to steer the topics to the proper place, so I have deemed the new thread about shipping issues to be the official one, in light of people complaining of when I merged the last one together. But please people, let's try to keep this organized. If you want to talk about the game, you can put it in this thread or in Phantar's Review Thread. If you want to complain about Fonzie's business practices, you can put it in the shipping thread. If you want to know where your game is, you can put it in the shipping thread. Frankly this fiasco about this game I find all just a bit ridiculous from start to finish but I won't stand in the way of the numerous users who find one megathread too cumbersome. However, consider this a warning any future created threads related to Paprium will be locked and merged.

So, for claritydo NOT derail this thread about shipping issues or business practices, this is just about the game, the gameplay, screenshots, whatever related to Paprium. I will also merge the MK1 thread with this one. I have listened to those who have complained, and I would agree at this point that it doesn't hurt to have two threads about the game on this forum. But I don't think six is good.
    Last edited by Baloo; 02-09-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    So, for claritydo NOT derail this thread about shipping issues or business practices, this is just about the game, the gameplay, screenshots, whatever related to Paprium.
    That was the idea in the first place but someone merged the two (actually three) threads.

Which one should we discuss which systems the game works/doesn’t work on?

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

I still have not received an answer in regards to whether or not bridging the two aforementioned pins
    on the expansion port allows Paprium to function properly. Once I get my copy in (If ever), I'll be sure
    to experiment more than a scientist in a laboratory full of embarrassed little mice.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

But please people, let's try to keep this organized.
    Are you serious? You made that mess, and now you're urging people to keep things organized.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Are you serious? You made that mess, and now you're urging people to keep things organized.
    Gotta love how he worded it so everybody but him was to blame, he should go into politics.

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    I always appreciate your help communicating, put calling people shitty for asking refunds through paypal is kinda shitty... WM only got themselves to blame, despite Fonzie thinking he’s the victim once again. He lied so many times in the past that whatever he says I just dont buy it anymore. I suggest you do the same, keep your distances to what he tells you
    If I still had my original PayPal account from 2017, I would have done the same thing so I don't blame anyone. WM's customer service is objectively terrible and I don't get how anybody can try to defend it. How hard would it have been to make weekly or even monthly updates on Twitter or Facebook? Why not just deal with refunds when they're requested? They could have saved so much hassle and had a hell of a lot more goodwill if they had. There are plenty of companies that perpetually deliver late but maintain a loyal fanbase because they communicate.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker peido's Avatar

Since there is now another "Where is my copy of Paprium" thread on this subforum, as well as a Review thread in the main forum, I am inclined just for the sake of the users to steer the topics to the proper place, so I have deemed the new thread about shipping issues to be the official one, in light of people complaining of when I merged the last one together. But please people, let's try to keep this organized. If you want to talk about the game, you can put it in this thread or in Phantar's Review Thread. If you want to complain about Fonzie's business practices, you can put it in the shipping thread. If you want to know where your game is, you can put it in the shipping thread. Frankly this fiasco about this game I find all just a bit ridiculous from start to finish but I won't stand in the way of the numerous users who find one megathread too cumbersome. However, consider this a warning any future created threads related to Paprium will be locked and merged.

So, for claritydo NOT derail this thread about shipping issues or business practices, this is just about the game, the gameplay, screenshots, whatever related to Paprium. I will also merge the MK1 thread with this one. I have listened to those who have complained, and I would agree at this point that it doesn't hurt to have two threads about the game on this forum. But I don't think six is good.
    This sounds good. Using this thread just to talk about the software/hardware and using the other thread for shipping and complaining. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Gotta love how he worded it so everybody but him was to blame, he should go into politics.
    Agreed. Baloo has a serious chip on his shoulder.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training steel's Avatar

totally agree with Baloo, the importance of this topic is to know about the game.
    Not the logistics.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

1613071948656.jpg

I finally got a bit of time to get 'Pap Happy' today, and in my experience of the proper mode on very hard, the difficulty isn't too far off being about right, insofar as as I have died a few times whilst making progress, but the game feels sloppy.

I find myself button mashing through the whole thing without too much strategy, but I'm starting to quite like the throw mechanics. God Of War was critcised for this, but those parts were interspersed with great story elements and cutscenes, exploration etc that added to the variety. Paprium looks and sounds great, and though all in the same vein and style (which I actually really like and think works) there is variety in what I have seen of the stages so far, but without the interspersal as I described earlier.

I got some rugs down in the games room too, and a little heater.
    Last edited by cleeg; 02-11-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

One of the founders of Limited Run Games just got his copy:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/s...012116480?s=20

Hey, my copy of Paprium I ordered in 2016 has arrived! Pretty sure this usage of the Genesis branding is illegal, but it does look nice.
    An interesting point, Piko, JoshProd and most other aftermarket guys never use the Genesis logo. Do you think Fonzie just figured it was worth the gamble on using it?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peido View Post
    This sounds good. Using this thread just to talk about the software/hardware and using the other thread for shipping and complaining. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by steel View Post
    totally agree with Baloo, the importance of this topic is to know about the game.
    Not the logistics.
    So you know, you're siding up with the guy who decided to merge all those nicely separated threads in the first place, and is now acting like having separated threads is a novel idea he just had.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    An interesting point, Piko, JoshProd and most other aftermarket guys never use the Genesis logo. Do you think Fonzie just figured it was worth the gamble on using it?
    Fonzie is really into the whole "Let's make a game that looks like it could have come out back in the days" thing, so I guess it makes sense to use the real console names in that context. While it might tick off Sega, it still sounds less damning than including copyrighted assets in the game.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

I wondered about that branding as well.

I am not looking to take credit for the community's criticisms for merging the threads. Stifu, they weren't nicely separated in the first place considering there was a previously locked 700 page topic prior to individuals making numerous threads. Numerous users wanted two topics, so two topics it is. Now stop stirring the pot.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Thread Information