Quantcast

Page 930 of 950 FirstFirst ... 430830880920926927928929930931932933934940 ... LastLast
Results 13,936 to 13,950 of 14250

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher tokay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Ybut I've never seen another indie Sega Genesis game get that kind of trailer. To rent the studio, hire an actor, add VFX, it all seems like a lot of effort when most people would have been happy to see two minutes of uninterrupted gameplay. What did the two-years-early release party cost?
    In "size-mag" it is written that WM filmed the trailer in an abandonned coal mine.
    Flying MD was made using a clean clear glass panel, not CGI.
    Actors may have been friends or acquaintance.
    With such tricks of the trade, this trailer may not have been that expensive.
    But you are right early investors would have preferred gameplay video instead or on top.

Release party was made at "lepéripate" which is some sort of squat / alternative place.
    Its restaurant is serving "freegan" food (products obtained from markets / shops at the end of the day), though I must admit I don't know if it was the case for this specific evening.
    Consoles, TVs and games were brought by attendees on a voluntary basis.
    One in the other, I am not convinced this was that much expensive as well.

People may argue if it was needed or not, but it now belongs to the past and history of this now released game.

I'd have to dig through the thread again myself. But I don't want to speak for anyone, hopefully people did get paid in the end.
    That's the thing. I NEVER had confirmation from someone working on this game that he did not get paid (aside from Fonzie himself, but it seems that some people consider he deserves it and we should not care about his situation).

My impression of the troll game is that it's being used as copy protection. That's why that first dump is just the same 64k repeated over and over for 4 MB.
    It's hard to tell, but considering that Mega SG is now compatible with the game (it was even reported that Fonzie contacted them several years ago and got ignored) and that even that cheap Columbus Circle handheld can play the game, it does not look like it was intended to prevent the game from running on clone hardware. Copy protection is another story and a possibility indeed.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

So the leather-clad MMA fighters were friends instead of hired? Worrisome theory...

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    So the leather-clad MMA fighters were friends instead of hired? Worrisome theory...
    I did not write this.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    That's the thing. I NEVER had confirmation from someone working on this game that he did not get paid .
    Have you missed St1kas 3 part documentary on the development of Paprium?
    There's at least 6 people claiming Fonzie didn't pay them in St1kas documentary. A girl working on graphics and a dude working on the PCB and copy-protection (their own words). Project N programmer left because Fonzie didn't pay him (second-hand story). The dude behind Sacred Line claims Fonzie stole money from him as well (his own words). Community Manager on WM website stopped getting paid eventually as well (his own words).
    If St1ka got in contact with every single person who's been in contact with Fonzie, I'd assume that number would be higher.

Fonzie has always been a crook.

Quote Originally Posted by Benkei789 View Post
    There's at least 6 people claiming Fonzie didn't pay them in St1kas documentary. A girl working on graphics and a dude working on the PCB and copy-protection (their own words). Project N programmer left because Fonzie didn't pay him (second-hand story). The dude behind Sacred Line claims Fonzie stole money from him as well (his own words). Community Manager on WM website stopped getting paid eventually as well (his own words).
    If St1ka got in contact with every single person who's been in contact with Fonzie, I'd assume that number would be higher.

It has also been said he that he reached out to those people and paid them recently so as far as being a crook that is a load of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    It has also been said he that he reached out to those people and paid them recently so as far as being a crook that is a load of crap.
    "It has also been said"... by you? By Fonzie?
    Please post proof from these people that they've been compensated and are on good terms with Fonzie.

"It has also been said"... by you? By Fonzie?
    Please post proof from these people that they've been compensated and are on good terms with Fonzie.
    Said nothing about good terms and as far as your low opinion nothing i say or do will change it nor would i care.

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    Said nothing about good terms and as far as your low opinion nothing i say or do will change it nor would i care.
    Lmao, can't see why you're mad.
    I came with proof that people didnt get paid, but I'm still waiting for proof of why their words are no longer valid.

If you could share timestamp of the documentary so I can get the exact quotes, this would help me, as I may have missed this indeed!

I heard project N developer stopped working when Fonzie ran out of money. Not that he wasn't paid for his work, which is slightly different.
    (By the way, you can find some of his work here: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/ind...=profile;u=872)

I prefer not to pay attention to SLG's dev claims as he does not look reliable to me. Don't say that it makes Fonzie right though, simply that this guy is shady.
    He for instance insulted me when I suggested he decided to set up the price of his game to $99 (when Papi Commando was sold for only $49), after calling the world greedy like an edgy emo kid.
    Two people can be wrong in an argument.

For the time being, I therefore cannot say that "Fonzie has always been a crook", sorry.

What I know for sure, is that he shipped investors editions all around the world with shipping costs often being higher than what we had to pay on MGF.
    This is a fact that cannot be denied. You can use an online tool to simulate a shipping (which won't include box and protection stuff) and see for yourself.

Lmao, can't see why you're mad.
    I came with proof that people didnt get paid, but I'm still waiting for proof of why their words are no longer valid.
    Nobody said their opinions are not valid anymore. The thing is unless Tulio or Zebbe or someone else who did not get paid back in the day says in public they finally got paid there is nothing i can tell you beyond what you could read in here by people closer to Fonzie and the situation then yourself.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

..simply that this guy is shady.
    He for instance insulted me ..
    Because he insulted you, he's shady. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Because he insulted you, he's shady. Got it.
    No, I find him shady for calling people greedy when he decided to set a retail price of $99 for SLG when approx. half of this price was decided for Papi Commando (which even included a dogtag).
    All he could answer to this were insults. Pot, kettle, black... Once again.

You guys really seem to have difficulty not twisting others' words in order to match your very own vision of reality. That's sad!
    But I promise I will not call you retards this time, as it seems it was too appealing to some who got their feelings hurt.

If you could share timestamp of the documentary so I can get the exact quotes, this would help me, as I may have missed this indeed!
    Props on you for a balanced post, did not expect it in this thread.
    There's not one specific chapter where the lack of payment is discussed, but there's some comments at the last half of part 2 and even more at the last half of part 3.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWarrior View Post
    Does the Game work in the Genesis 3?
    Yes it does, at least on VA2.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

I suggested here to cut Fonzie some slack, but no, it's better to just intoxicate.

My opinion is that the guy delivered. I don't know if that whole PayPal situation is true or not, but the thing is almost everyone has got his stuff. I certainly got mine just before christmas, and I'm really satisfied with the game and the stick. I choose to believe him in that everyone will get it eventually. Time will tell.

Then there's the "Watermelon for sale" situation, which I think it's really, really sad. You can dislike the guy if you want, but he and his team have created something really cool. It's his work, and it seems that he will have to let it go because he owes a lot of money. Like a million euros, which is substantially more money than a million dollars. He could just have called it a day, don't send anything to anyone and run away, but he chose the other way, deliver everything at his own expense.

Thread Information